Need 1st Class Car Insurance For 2 -3 Months

lolex

I'm going to be staying in Chiang Mai for a couple of months. A member of the family will lend me their car but I doubt that they have the kind of insurance I'd be comfortable with.

Can I either get 1st class insurance to cover myself and a friend who'll share the driving with me to cover the car and anything/anyone that might suffer accidental damage while we're driving (intend to do some touring for a week or two)?, or

Can I upgrade my wife's brother's car insurance so that we're covered?

The alternative I guess is to hire a car from Avis for the touring and take our chances locally.

also what are the ball park costs (I've no idea). We're both rating-one-for-life drivers here in Australia - old blokes, haven't had an accident in more than 10 years.

Thanks a lot....

I'm going to be staying in Chiang Mai for a couple of months. A member of the family will lend me their car but I doubt that they have the kind of insurance I'd be comfortable with.

Can I either get 1st class insurance to cover myself and a friend who'll share the driving with me to cover the car and anything/anyone that might suffer accidental damage while we're driving (intend to do some touring for a week or two)?, or

The alternative I guess is to hire a car from Avis for the touring and take our chances locally.

also what are the ball park costs (I've no idea). We're both rating-one-for-life drivers here in Australia - old blokes, haven't had an accident in more than 10 years.

Thanks a lot....

The answer is yes, you can get 1st Class insurance for 'any' driver depending on the age of the vehicle.

As we do not know what cover there is now on the vehicle we cannot answer that.

Costs - depending on vehicle from 10,000 Baht upwards.

We suggest you contact Thai Visa Insurance for suitable quotations :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Thanks a lot....

Whilst ThaiVisa Insurance does offer an excellent service I would recommend that in your case you consider a medium term rental from the likes of Avis or Hertz etc. The advantage being that all the issues related to your car hire/loan will be vested in one single internationally known company - I'm uncertain of the current costs but I've rented from Avis previously at a fully inclusive cost of around 22,000 baht per month and was well pleased.