Translation Please

ubonjoe

Could sombody help with a rough translation of the ID card and an unknown document that the OP has posted pictures of. His girl friend is apparently from one of the hilltribes and he wants help with sorting out her legal status. The yellow house book is not a problem.

Link to post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2549536

Thanks in advance.

Could sombody help with a rough translation of the ID card and an unknown document that the OP has posted pictures of. His girl friend is apparently from one of the hilltribes and he wants help with sorting out her legal status. The yellow house book is not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

As you noted both yellow documents are the "house book" for registration with the department and ministry of the interior

Picture #2:

ทะเบียนประวัติชุมชนบนพื้นที่สูงตามแผนแม่บท ฯ ฉบับที่ 2 แผ่นที่......ในจำนวน......

-Highlander (hill tribe communities) registration record following the model plan, etc. Page....of....

สำนักทะเบียนอำเภอ/กิ่งอำเภอ..........รหัสสำนักทะเบียน

Amphur registration office.....registration number/code

จังหวัด.............. รหัสจังหวัด

Jangwat.......Jangwat code

วัน เดือน ปี ที่จัดทำประวัติ

Day, month, year record was made

เป็นชาวเขาดั้งเดิมซึ่งมีภูมสำเนาอยู่ที่อำเภอ......จังวัด โดยมีหลักฐานมาแสดงคือ

Originally/traditionally a hilltribe person located in Amphur......Jangwat.... with proof/identifying features(of location I assume) such as.....

Thanks in advance.

As you noted both yellow documents are the "house book" for registration with the department and ministry of the interior

Picture #2:

ทะเบียนประวัติชุมชนบนพื้นที่สูงตามแผนแม่บท ฯ ฉบับที่ 2 แผ่นที่......ในจำนวน......

-Highlander (hill tribe communities) registration record following the model plan, etc. Page....of....

สำนักทะเบียนอำเภอ/กิ่งอำเภอ..........รหัสสำนักทะเบียน

Amphur registration office.....registration number/code

จังหวัด.............. รหัสจังหวัด

Jangwat.......Jangwat code

วัน เดือน ปี ที่จัดทำประวัติ

Day, month, year record was made

เป็นชาวเขาดั้งเดิมซึ่งมีภูมสำเนาอยู่ที่อำเภอ......จังวัด โดยมีหลักฐานมาแสดงคือ

Originally/traditionally a hilltribe person located in Amphur......Jangwat.... with proof/identifying features(of location I assume) such as.....

Picture #4:

ID Card without Thai Citizenship

Picture #5:

Department of Interior, Ministry of Interior

Restrictions/requirements on the bearers of those carrying this ID

1) This card is not a (Thai nationality) identification card

2) Carry this card with you at all times for inspection

3) The person whose name is on this card is not allowed to leave the district of the area who distributed the card except by special written permission

I'm sure there are more precise terms/translations for these each of the things I translated but that's the general gist of each picture. There was more on the 2nd picture but as it wasn't complete I didn't translate it. I hope it's helpful.

I'm sure there are more precise terms/translations for these each of the things I translated but that's the general gist of each picture. There was more on the 2nd picture but as it wasn't complete I didn't translate it. I hope it's helpful.

Yes, you're rite. There's more on 2nd picture with those particulars. With all these documents, can she be a thai citizen or leave the country?

post-77044-1235280735_thumb.jpg

post-77044-1235280762_thumb.jpg

post-77044-1235280775_thumb.jpg

post-77044-1235280815_thumb.jpg

Yes, you're rite. There's more on 2nd picture with those particulars. With all these documents, can she be a thai citizen or leave the country?

As this was moved to the Thai Language forum that isn't really a question for this forum, but, no she doesn't have Thai citizen status and no she can't legally leave the country. In fact, she can't live the administrative area in which her ID was given without written permission. I can see that permission being given to go to say, Chiang Mai, or even Bangkok, but not out of the country for sure. There are processes by which someone carrying a ทะเบียนประวัติชุมชนบนพื้นที่สูง - a highlander record/registry or what is commonly called a บัตรสีเขียวขอบแดง - "Green with red border ID" can gain citizenship but that is a long discussion and certainly better served and better answered back in the visa/immigration forum.

Simply put, those documents do not give her citizenship and do not allow her to travel out of the country.

All the Best