Buying Wholesale In Thailand

Given markets like Chatuchak and sampeng are supposed to be the place where goods are bought at 'best price' where do vendors even within the precinct of Chatuchak and Sampeng buy there goods at wholesale , e.g where would a bag vendor within Chatuchak selling for say 59baht buy at wholesale , some other place within Chatuchak? If so where, I do not believe it would be another stall, where are the warehouses and what are the qualification for dealing with them i.e. minimum spend. Where would a street vendor , without a proper stall or on the street in Phitsanaluk buy nail clippers that he can sell for 10 baht?

Beats me.

Given markets like Chatuchak and sampeng are supposed to be the place where goods are bought at 'best price' where do vendors even within the precinct of Chatuchak and Sampeng buy there goods at wholesale , e.g where would a bag vendor within Chatuchak selling for say 59baht buy  at wholesale , some other place within Chatuchak? If so where, I do not believe it would be another stall, where are the warehouses and what are the qualification for dealing with them i.e. minimum spend. Where would a street vendor , without a proper stall or on the street in Phitsanaluk buy nail clippers that he can sell for 10 baht?

Beats me.

Many of the vendors at Chatuchak market produce their own goods. often a thai person will ask the vendor to show them how to make the goods, so they can start a business in another area - a form of franchising. For other goods, the warehouses and factories are located outside bangkok where it is cheaper. Also, many of the goods, such as toys and nail clippers, are made in china or indonesia extremely cheaply and brought into thailand.

Given markets like Chatuchak and sampeng are supposed to be the place where goods are bought at 'best price' where do vendors even within the precinct of Chatuchak and Sampeng buy there goods at wholesale , e.g where would a bag vendor within Chatuchak selling for say 59baht buy  at wholesale , some other place within Chatuchak? If so where, I do not believe it would be another stall, where are the warehouses and what are the qualification for dealing with them i.e. minimum spend. Where would a street vendor , without a proper stall or on the street in Phitsanaluk buy nail clippers that he can sell for 10 baht?

Beats me.

I would disagree that JJ and sampeng are cheap, sampeng is ok, JJ is fairly pricey. Both locations are a convenient place for people who purchase items in one location at a cheaper price than retails. The answer to your question is that these people source there goods from a wide range of places, local, national as well as international. So asking the question where are these warehouses and what are the requirement is like asking how "long is a piece of string?".

OK lets get more specific, to get to the bottom of this: Where do the Thai vendors on the pavement i.e. no stall, who look like individuals with no buying power or other large resources in towns like Phitsanaluk and in Chatachuk markets buy things like nailclippers and cheapo combs etc for a price that enables them to sell at 10baht and 5 baht respectively, given they probably don't travel very far to buy them certainly not to towns like Mai sai, and certainly are not part of any big importing company, they must be buying them locally and I speculate in what I would call a warehouse (even if it looks like a shop). Is it just a question of trawling round Chatachuk to find the location of the supply at this level.

It makes no sense to me that the price they are retailing at is the best price available to me.

Thank you for your input.

Walk on Yaowarat Rd in Chinatown BKK, you'll see a small street selling toys (easy to find).

You'll find many wholesalers in the small streets in that area. Combs and hair accessories (sold by 2, by 6 or a dozen, etc...); nailclippers; cheap Rhodium plated jewelery; stationery supplies; keys chains; etc...