Pantip Shop So Not Right In The Head

Hi everybody...

Why are Pantip Computer Shops So Stupid :o for the past few months i've been having major problems with my new Asus P6T DE i must have been to the shop 10 time's from here in pattaya the service really suck's i must have spent 10000Bht in there shop so i ended up sending my computer to asus they just change it because there was problems with the ram slots i had to wait over two weeks now there another problem well one on my 12gb OCZ 1600 TRIPLE it broke so i sent it to the shop i show them my computer working find with the 10gb i said just change the faulty one i also stated all the ram are the same stickers everything all you need todo is exchange one out of the new boxs and send it to me not hard even a 5 year can do that no they want the whole set what the hel_l i only have a problem with one ram stick would it not be easy to exchange one instead of the fullset save me post the rest so i would like to tall everybody please stay away from jedicool in pantip they have all these woman there and they have no idea what they are doing but thats thai chinese are just want your money and when there a problem they dont want to know

also this is my rig

CPU maker:intel.gifCPU:i7 920 3.7 GHZMotherboard:Asus P6T DEGPU maker:nvidia.gifGraphics Card:GF 295 SLIMemory:Ocz 12/1600 Triple Channel DDR3Hard Drive:Seagate 1TBOptical Drive:Pioneer DVR-S16FXB DVD-RW 20X / SATA / Black PianoPower Supply:ThermalTake ToughPower 1200Display:Samsung 23" 2333SWCase:Cooler Master Stacker 832Sound Card:SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion SerieSpeakers:Pioneer High Power AV Receiver / S-MS700/S-EW2Mouse:Logitech MX5500Mouse pad:Cooler Master StackerKeyboard:Logitech MX5500Operating System:Vista Ultimate 64bit

Edited by imafaranggetmeoutofhere

The problem with a lot of farang's is that they seem to know everything better, even if information drops right in front of them they ignore it.

If I buy something I not bla bla much. Going back to a shop for service is stupid, most distributor or manufacturers have service centers where in case of faulty Asus motherboard you get a replacement in less then a week (and this was with a 3 year old motherboard), I'm pretty sure that for a newer motherboard the replacement would be faster.

OCZ memory modules, are replaced without ever being asked what was wrong...

Jedicool has a very good reputation of good service, I'm a happy customer...

The problem with a lot of farang's is that they seem to know everything better, even if information drops right in front of them they ignore it.

If I buy something I not bla bla much. Going back to a shop for service is stupid, most distributor or manufacturers have service centers where in case of faulty Asus motherboard you get a replacement in less then a week (and this was with a 3 year old motherboard), I'm pretty sure that for a newer motherboard the replacement would be faster.

The service was okay until I started to have problems with the motherboard and memory from day one every memory we try the computer stated to become very unstable crash the blue screen so one of the guys started play with the bios worked fine for a few days then everything started to crash blue screen then I would have to come from Pattaya to Bangkok get it sorted piss about with the bios then exchange the memory yet again go home a few days later same thing would happen and keep happening so I said why don't you trust me there a fault with the motherboard oh no there's not ?

no other customer had problems with OCZ with Asus motherboard so I said I have better things to be doing with my time keep coming back to you about this problem so I was talking to live tech support on Asus site and told him about my problems he asked I've I updated my bios I said yea thats right bios has been update we have done that he goes what memory are you using on your motherboard I said we have been using OCZ & Geil he said I would not recommend OCZ on are motherboard because they're very unstable so I said I've also tried geil but this computer keeps on crash so he said take it back to where I got it from so for the 10th time I want back to the shop told them there a problem with my motherboard could you please exchange it no we will get are tech guy to take a look so we pissed about for like 4 hour gotta working again sent me on my way few days went by same thing happen so I sent it to Asus they found a problem with one of the ram slots was faulty this is why I'm pissed off ?

so now I've got a small problem with 1 ocz memory so I sent that in so they can exchange it I do not trust them anymore so I've kept the 10gm understanding right

Edited by imafaranggetmeoutofhere

If you're running the kind of setup you have then sometimes it's part of the price you pay for being an early adopter, things don't always work like they should and even the shop that sells it probably hasn't had the time to gain experience in troubleshooting something that's close to bleeding edge technology. Maybe they should know everything but doesn't work like that in real life.

If you bought a memory kit then I can understand why they would want to replace the set and not just one because then there would be 2 mismatched kits floating about.

Do you think your overclocking might have anything to do with your problems? What CPU cooler are using? 

I agree with jeffer. Kinda hard to biatch about problems when it seems like the manufacturers are pushing out bios updates weekly. Furthermore, you're purchasing items that are essentially hot off the press. Until the manufacturers get all the kinks worked out, I wouldn't touch the i7 (although it gives me a woody with how fast it is on h.264 transcodes).

Agree with early adoption warnings, and also that products bought in Thailand are best returned to distributer for redress.

Mostly all I want to point out, is that there is a spell check here, included in the web page. It isn't difficult, and nor is re-reading your post before pressing the add reply button. There are many talented people reading these forums who have helped me in the past, and I too am happy to put back in what has been freely given. If the post is hard to read, and unintelligible, then its hard to help.

Being dyslexic is understandable, and of course allowances are made. Laziness, well thats not.

And posting pissed wont win too many friends either. Not unless its very funny.

Agree with early adoption warnings, and also that products bought in Thailand are best returned to distributer for redress.

Mostly all I want to point out, is that there is a spell check here, included in the web page. It isn't difficult, and nor is re-reading your post before pressing the add reply button. There are many talented people reading these forums who have helped me in the past, and I too am happy to put back in what has been freely given. If the post is hard to read, and unintelligible, then its hard to help.

Being dyslexic is understandable, and of course allowances are made. Laziness, well thats not.

How about abbreviations ? Do they count as being lazy ?

thats = that's

its = it's

wont = won't

Neither....nor (not just nor)

Simple stuff really....

It also seems that you need to get your keyboard changed. "." and "," keys obviously not working :o

And appently the "Shift" keys don't work either, which is evident by the lack of capital letters to begin new sentences. Or perhaps I'm mistaken, and it really is supposed to be one ridiculously long sentence that I wouldn't possibly try to read.

so sorry but i'm abit dislecsick

You probably mean dyslexic, but your writing shows more symptoms of illiteracy than of dyslexia.

And of course dyslexia mostly affects one's reading ability, so I think what the OP actually has is something called "dyslazyia".

so sorry but i'm abit dislecsick

You probably mean dyslexic, but your writing shows more symptoms of illiteracy than of dyslexia.

And of course dyslexia mostly affects one's reading ability, so I think what the OP actually has is something called "dyslazya".

also this is my rig

CPU maker:intel.gifCPU:i7 920 3.7 GHZMotherboard:Asus P6T DEGPU maker:nvidia.gifGraphics Card:GF 295 SLIMemory:Ocz 12/1600 Triple Channel DDR3Hard Drive:Seagate 1TBOptical Drive:Pioneer DVR-S16FXB DVD-RW 20X / SATA / Black PianoPower Supply:ThermalTake ToughPower 1200Display:Samsung 23" 2333SWCase:Cooler Master Stacker 832Sound Card:SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion SerieSpeakers:Pioneer High Power AV Receiver / S-MS700/S-EW2Mouse:Logitech MX5500Mouse pad:Cooler Master StackerKeyboard:Logitech MX5500Operating System:Vista Ultimate 64bit

thx much for your post and everyone else's responses. u folks just save me some 4800 usd. now i shall wait a little while longer before wiring the money to the trading computer outfit in the us. thx thx thx

thats = that's

its = it's

wont = won't

Simple stuff really....

My point was not so much education, but that a spell check would have made the original post easier to read. As far as apostrophe's, well in that area I am truly not worthy.

I prostrate myself in shame at my inability to use them properly.

(I joke not)

• 2 weeks later...

thats = that's

its = it's

wont = won't

Simple stuff really....

My point was not so much education, but that a spell check would have made the original post easier to read. As far as apostrophe's, well in that area I am truly not worthy.

I prostrate myself in shame at my inability to use them properly.

(I joke not)

Well that made me smile, because of the poster's admission of not be able to use them, then goes on to use one incorrectly to prove the point!

Above, the word "apostrophe" just has an "s" on the end but no apostrophe as in this context it is referring to plural and not posessive.

Just politely pointing it out...

Hi everybody.

The OP poses the question " Why are Pantip Computer Shops So Stupid :o "

Surely this is the serious question to answer, in order to consider his request to "please stay away from jedicool in pantip they have all these woman there"

Does anyone know which floor this shop is on?

Service center Synnex in Phuket gave me another faulty Asus mainboard in return after a week. Dcom exchanged two Asus mainboards for types with other problems. I am sick of it, it cost me so much time. Now I will show that guy in at the Synnex agent my version of the angry farang syndrome when I return that crappy board. Will never buy Asus mainboards again.

Now I will show that guy in at the Synnex agent my version of the angry farang syndrome when I return that crappy board.

That won't help anything.

Will never buy Asus mainboards again.

Sad. I love Asus boards, that's all I buy nowadays.

Asus was always my brand of choice from the early 90's. I have installed many Asus main boards over the years but in the last year I had more and more trouble. Can be incidents but it happened to much on a row and it costs me to much time. Its no fun to deliver two computers to a resort on a small island and within one month two failures. One server with Asus main board loses it's bios setting after a reset. Raid setting wrong. Other new office pc with Asus main board didn't boot the next day, replaced this one and it crashed with some applications or using media player, replaced it with a Gigabyte main board, running as it should now. And I do an extensive burn-in test before delivering. The last main board showed after the 18e completed runs memory suddenly a memory chip failure, next run failure again on a different memory location.

• 2 weeks later...
Asus was always my brand of choice from the early 90's. I have installed many Asus main boards over the years but in the last year I had more and more trouble. Can be incidents but it happened to much on a row and it costs me to much time. Its no fun to deliver two computers to a resort on a small island and within one month two failures. One server with Asus main board loses it's bios setting after a reset. Raid setting wrong. Other new office pc with Asus main board didn't boot the next day, replaced this one and it crashed with some applications or using media player, replaced it with a Gigabyte main board, running as it should now. And I do an extensive burn-in test before delivering. The last main board showed after the 18e completed runs memory suddenly a memory chip failure, next run failure again on a different memory location.

Anything to do with mainboard battery ?