Pantip Shop So Not Right In The Head

Hi everybody.

The OP poses the question " Why are Pantip Computer Shops So Stupid :o "

Surely this is the serious question to answer, in order to consider his request to "please stay away from jedicool in pantip they have all these woman there"

Does anyone know which floor this shop is on?

Jedi has 2 shops on the Main floor.... One small one on the Left wall as you walk in.. past the Bangkok Bank.

Their main shop is in the back... 2nd corridor from the left... not counting the Wall corridor, I think.

It's right on the corner... 1st cross corridor, Hard to miss.

I also built a computer at Jedi... Nothing as fancy and state of the art as the OP... But after a Year of the Worst possible BS from Jedi about their inability to fix constant problems, I finally gave up... and had Reimar the Mod from this board fix it.. He can vouch for everything I'm saying.

If you are interested look for the numerous Threads by doing a Search for "Dream Computer" and my ID in this forum.

Jedi like most other shops in Pantip that build computers only knows one solution to any problem.... reinstall the O/S.

They never discovered the short in the wiring... the bad chip on the ASUS Motherboard... the RAM set running too Hot... or numerous other small problems they created by screwing with the O/S or transferring Data, or setting up the RAID.Actually they created all the problems as they also Built the thing, so the Wiring short was definately them, and not having any competent tech people to check hardware before it's installed or Run diagnostics after the build is finished to verify everything is working to spec... they shouldn't be building anything at all.

And running to the distributer doesn't always help... especially Synnex.... who also has never heard of "Customer Service" and will.. let me say this again.. WILL.... replace all warrenty items with RECONDITIONED USED items.. You will Never get a NEW replacement from them... no matter how long you have owned the component... Nor is there any guarrentee that the replacement item they give you won't also have problems or break... and then they just give you another used item.. and nor can they be bothered to even wipe off the layers of dust... I should have taken pictures of the DVD drive they tried to give me as a replacement for a drive that failed and was replaced 3 times before they finally gave me an upgrade model.. also reconditioned... but I'll never buy an ASUS drive again, thanks to them.... But they wouldn't do anything until I threated to call the Police, write ASUS and post my problems in the Bangkok Post. Any competent distributer in the USA would have taken the cheapd DVD and tossed it, reached under the counter and handed you a factory sealed replacement... But hey.. labor is cheap.. and customers a plenty...

Or an ASUS Motherboard... Jedi sent my Board into them because "I" (Jedi knew nothing and had given up) knew that there was a fault in it, but we just couldn't find it.. My 1st computer doctor told me that.. But we could only guess at the problem...JEDI sent the board back to Synnex, who kept it for a week or 2, then returned it "repaired"..... NOT.

Jedi told them that the problem was in one area of the board.. I forget exactly what Jedi told them... It's in my earlier threads.. So of course, being Thailand, Synnex ONLY checked that specific area... found nothing so they sent it back... SYNNEX NEVER RAN DIAGNOSTICS ON THE WHOLE BOARD.

NEVER A SYNNEX OR ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN !!! And Never again Jedi !!!

Again I want to thank Raimer, who took my computer and thoroughly checked every chip and component, found ALL the hardware problems, and had them fixed.. Finally my dream runs like it should.. and my only issues are with software and Windows, and life is as it should be.

I agree totally with the OP..... NEVER Shop at JEDICOOL... and stay away from any products distributed by SYNNEX.

If you Don't Listen to this WARNING....

You'll Be SORRY !!!!!!!!

CS

I fully agree on "NEVER A SYNNEX OR ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN !!!", the problem when you need fast a new main board, all what you sometimes can buy is Asus type in Phuket.

And to answer Tango7 question (a bit late), I have checked and replaced the lithium battery with the new main board with losing bios settings. Had once a older main board with a lithium battery where the battery holder contacts were corroded and that was the cause of the losing settings with a power off.

Asus was always my brand of choice from the early 90's. I have installed many Asus main boards over the years but in the last year I had more and more trouble. Can be incidents but it happened to much on a row and it costs me to much time. Its no fun to deliver two computers to a resort on a small island and within one month two failures. One server with Asus main board loses it's bios setting after a reset. Raid setting wrong. Other new office pc with Asus main board didn't boot the next day, replaced this one and it crashed with some applications or using media player, replaced it with a Gigabyte main board, running as it should now. And I do an extensive burn-in test before delivering. The last main board showed after the 18e completed runs memory suddenly a memory chip failure, next run failure again on a different memory location.

I've always loved Asus consumer boards. However, for a server, I wouldn't go near them. Give me Tyan or better Supermicro. I dabbled with Gigabyte's dual Opteron board, but that unstable, unsupported POS made me swear off Gigabyte's products. I've also heard anecdotal evidence that they're (Gigabyte) not the cleanest design, resulting in some minor problems, i.e. increased noise on the onboard audio, etc.

Of all the problems listed in this thread, it seems that the majority of them come from people who have a shop build their computer. I understand that not everyone is inclined to research compatability, purchase their parts, and build it themselves (I assume that's why Apple is so successful--they just work), but that is in my opinion the best way to go.

• 3 months later...

everybody complains about jedicool.

however me and my boss only shop at their shop. And believe me it is the easiest place to get replacements.

Whenever we have a problem, they dont even check it, they just give me a new box (unopened) and send the old product back to the supplier. Never had any second guessing from their staff.

This kind of service is unique to their shop as I have tried others and they only make problems when you want to return / change a product.

but hey, i dont have any experience with shop build computers, i only buy unopened boxes and build it myself.

Do some research what fits with what and everybody can build a pc. its the only way to be sure you have new unused parts.

Am building a new one now, however have problems finding the following mainboard

Gygabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 or GA-MA790FX-UD5.

Thats one problem with panthip, they only supply the XT and FXT model and presume the newest model works with everything, not thinking that AM2+ processors do not work on a AM3 mainboard, due to the DDR3 on it.

Still searching for the board, as I dont want to move to ASUS (in my eyes the best) cause they are 2000 thb more expensive with is M4A790 Deluxe board.

And the only shop selling DFI has problems with DFI itself, so no boards for another week there as well.

I am sad, have a big pile of unopened boxes in my living room right now.

Not sure if it's been said in here yet but the best advice I can give to people with situations like yours is to just learn how to put the things together yourself. Learn about CPU's, PSU's, RAM, video cards, networking and proper cooling and air flow. It's really not as hard as anyone thinks it is. If you buy all the correct parts you can put a machine together by yourself in under an hour. It's easy as pie. I've been building my own machines since my early teens, and if you plan your own computer, it becomes much easier to upgrade parts as well. With the proper knowledge it's also easy to detect and identify problems when they do occur. Artifacts on your screen? Maybe an overheating/overclocked video card. Randomly shutting off during graphics heavy games? PSU issue. Stuff like that. I wouldn't trust the chop shops in Pantip because it's easy for them to rip you off.

Edit- Another important thing: Buy quality brands when it comes to computers. I've spent a lot of time in the past replacing crap hardware because the brand wasn't reliable or breaks easy or what not, especially when it comes to power supplies, RAM and casing.

Edited by dttk0009

Everyone complains without doing any research.

before actually buying something , you should atleast know abit about the product which you are buying and what the aftersales service is like.

dont blame the shop , blame urself.

Isn't this all part of the fun of building your own rig, saving 10s of Baht in the process?

All what? Malfunctions? Can happy in any computer, though in my opinion they occur far less in self built computers assuming the person assembling and buying the parts knows what he's doing.