Nakornping Condo---looking For Feedback

shepsel

I recently arrived in CM and have been searching for a furnished rental before I purchase, perhaps in a year or so.

I found a unit in Nakornping and would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative about the building, the management, etc.

Thanks in advance

There are several buildings in Chiang Mai with the word "Nakorn Ping" in their name. I can provide feedback about the 17 story condo building on Haey Kaew, just across from the Shell station, close to KSK Central.

It's a pleasant place to live, but much there is much variability in the quality of the units and the landlords. We looked at some units in the building that were real dumps and others that were spectacular. The building management doesn't have the ability to show all the units that are available in the building. With many, you have to contact the individual landlord.

The building itself is a bit shabby in the public areas, but the staff does a nice job with security and service. The people who run the ground-level mini market and little restaurant are very friendly, open long hours and have good prices and selection. The pool on the fifth floor is great and kept very clean. The residents of the building are pretty quiet and considerate, mostly retirees and some families that keep their kids under control. Unfortunately, there is much street noise from Haey Kaew and the barking dogs in the neighborhood. Surprisingly the noise is worse at the higher levels. The units closer to street level benefit by having the trees absorb the noise. The units on the SW side have good mountain views, but also are much warmer because of the afternoon sun.

The location is great. We either walk everywhere or can get a song taew in an instant. Overall, I'm very happy with the building -- I just wish the neighborhood outside the condo didn't have so many dogs barking at 4 am! But, I know that's a problem throughout the city.

There are several buildings in Chiang Mai with the word "Nakorn Ping" in their name. I can provide feedback about the 17 story condo building on Haey Kaew, just across from the Shell station, close to KSK Central.

It's a pleasant place to live, but much there is much variability in the quality of the units and the landlords. We looked at some units in the building that were real dumps and others that were spectacular. The building management doesn't have the ability to show all the units that are available in the building. With many, you have to contact the individual landlord.

The building itself is a bit shabby in the public areas, but the staff does a nice job with security and service. The people who run the ground-level mini market and little restaurant are very friendly, open long hours and have good prices and selection. The pool on the fifth floor is great and kept very clean. The residents of the building are pretty quiet and considerate, mostly retirees and some families that keep their kids under control. Unfortunately, there is much street noise from Haey Kaew and the barking dogs in the neighborhood. Surprisingly the noise is worse at the higher levels. The units closer to street level benefit by having the trees absorb the noise. The units on the SW side have good mountain views, but also are much warmer because of the afternoon sun.

The location is great. We either walk everywhere or can get a song taew in an instant. Overall, I'm very happy with the building -- I just wish the neighborhood outside the condo didn't have so many dogs barking at 4 am! But, I know that's a problem throughout the city.

I think this is a good summary, although I myself don't find it noisy at night. I have a condo on the 14th floor, overlooking the city. If I do not need a/c, then I close both the windows closing off the balcony (most units by now have these fitted) and the inner glass doors. This provides good sound proofing. If I do need a/c then only the glass doors are closed, but the low hum of the a/c deadens any noise. The location is probably the most convenient of any large condo building anywhere in the city---a short walk to Central, the moat etc.

That's a very accurate description based on my stay there two years ago. I had a corner apartment with a south and west view (no mountain view in March) so I can also attest to the heat. The only difference of note is that there was no barking dog problem then.

That's a very accurate description based on my stay there two years ago. I had a corner apartment with a south and west view (no mountain view in March) so I can also attest to the heat. The only difference of note is that there was no barking dog problem then.

A friend of mine who lived in this building and the barking dogs very nearly drove him insane. But I dare say that this is a city wide problem.

I live close to the downtown area and in addition to the temple dogs giving their serenade there are also a bunch of roosters in the vicinity (don't need an alarm clock though)