Fiancee Coming To The Uk.

Hello Folks,

My Fiancee should be travelling back to the UK with me in february and i will be looking to book her a ticket after speaking with the embassy.

I am wondering if she will need to have a return ticket booked as she will only have a 6 month fiancee visa, but we do intend to marry after 4 or so months together.

i worry a little that she may have problems at the UK airport if she only has a one way ticket, but that in essence is all she should need, as a settlement visa will be applied for once married and hopefully a 2 year window will be given before getting the full settlement visa.

I would not worry soo much but i think if worse comes to worse that she may be travelling alone, as i may struggle to get her on my return flight.

I would have booked it at the same time as mine but her visa is the result of a won appeal case to which the embassy has never contacted her. i have spoke to the home office and they have assured me that she is entitled to it (Scouse also said... as good as.)

So we are 99.999% sure she will get it if we can be seen in the proper time when im over there.

Any advice folks ??????

Kind Regards Jonny.

Just another quick question....

How busy is the embassy currently.

What advice would you give to somebody who is willing to do anything to get into the embassy and get seen on a monday ?

i.e what time should we go ?

should we sleep on their doorstep ?

Cheers Jonny

Just another quick question....

How busy is the embassy currently.

Very! The consular section is now manning outputs at Don Mueang and Phuket, which are of no use to you.

What advice would you give to somebody who is willing to do anything to get into the embassy and get seen on a monday ?

Get a main battle tank and drive in through the Wireless Road entrance. Veer left and take the far wall off. However, any visa you obtain by that method is likely to be dishonoured by Immigration in the UK.

They're still shut. I think my first guess, at Embassy back to Normal - When?, of 13 January was over-optimistic. Scouser has been advising some people to go postal - Embassy Closed. I suspect you wouldn't trust the application not to get 'lost'. I would check the web page about submitting payment, though - I thought it said postal applications had to be accompanied by banker's drafts.

Edited by Richard W

:o You will get an appointment, they will tell you.

Return ticket is not required, I did this a few years ago, a single ticket when she gets the visa, get your info straight.

Telephone bills.

E Mail copies.

Bank Statements.

House Details.

Job details.

Edited by shandiman

A single ticket will be fine.

I would advise your fiancée to post her passport to the embassy with a covering letter and a copy of the adjudicator's determination (the letter written by the "judge" who allowed her appeal). She doesn't need to pay as she will have done so when the application was initially made.

Cheers,

Scouse.

is it possible that we could drop the passport into a mailbox or to somebody in person ?

i want to be there when they give their descision just incase they are being funny about it... so i create a storm.

so if we posted / droped it off how long do you think it would take before we heard something given current events ?

Kind Regards Jonny.

thanks for your advice guys.... Oh yeh and how much will a sherman tank cost in baht ????

wow how good is the BMP1. Think i will have them both.

might find it difficult to aim at the main wall looking at the driving position.

Actually........ thinking about it , i might just join the queue.

Anybody know what time the queue starts to build up if it opens at 7:30??

as they only see 75 folks in a day

Cheers, Jonny.