Have You Noticed The Difference Between Bottled Chang Beer

syd barrett

Elefant I guess is a double malt beer and is much more palatable than Chang.

That's not saying much. Let's face it, a pile of steaming elephant dung is more palatable than a beer Chang!

Chang beer (when it is on-form) has the best 'beer' taste of all. Much better than Singha, Leo, Archa, the problem for some people is the strength and the hangover.

I agree, I would not like a skin-full before a bumpy 6.00 am visa-run, but at least it tastes like beer.

I found Chang in bottles tastes of chlorine, i know the taste of chlorine from drinking UK tap water.

Now I drink Archa beer from the bottle and never experienced a chlorine after taste.

You are absolutely right. About four weeks ago, all the bottled Chang in Pattaya tasted chlorinated.

Thankfully that taste passed. It is now O.K.

I have a confession to make(sniff-sniff) , I have no friends , they all inconsiderately died and left me all alone in this terribly stress torn world , I am the last of a dying breed of free thinking individuals who believe people the likes of yourself , should take the manure you expouse and spread it somewhere it may prove more fertile . My open honesty of facts bother you in your childish brain ? :o

Sorry to hear you've lost your friends. Perhaps though you didn't have many to start with. Certainly the attitude you bring to this forum would suggest as much.

Have you always been this way or was it old age that brought with it a propensity to look down your nose at others and judge them so quickly?

What was that the tin-man sang in 'Wizard of OZ ' ? , oh yeah "If I only had a brain " , now IF you had one with a modicum of humour , your outlook on life might have gone off on a more acceptable tangent , ah well , can't expect too much in this life can we . :D

I have a confession to make(sniff-sniff) , I have no friends , they all inconsiderately died and left me all alone in this terribly stress torn world , I am the last of a dying breed of free thinking individuals who believe people the likes of yourself , should take the manure you expouse and spread it somewhere it may prove more fertile . My open honesty of facts bother you in your childish brain ? :o

Sorry to hear you've lost your friends. Perhaps though you didn't have many to start with. Certainly the attitude you bring to this forum would suggest as much.

Have you always been this way or was it old age that brought with it a propensity to look down your nose at others and judge them so quickly?

What was that the tin-man sang in 'Wizard of OZ ' ? , oh yeah "If I only had a brain " , now IF you had one with a modicum of humour , your outlook on life might have gone off on a more acceptable tangent , ah well , can't expect too much in this life can we . :D

There you go passing judgement again.

Views must be nice up there in that Ivory Tower - shame your head is too far up your backside to enjoy them. :D

Be nice Rix,

Dumb doesn't have much to do over there in Cambodia :o

Seems to me JD is also passing judgement , but that of course is considered PC , let's face it , he is a longer time poster than myself and has lived the requisite 30 years or so in LOS so is more entitled to pass judgement , what a sorry bunch . :D

Hey this thread has helped me !! I thought I was losing my sense of taste - I have been buying bottled chang for a long time, up until about 6 months ago all the bottles tasted the same, now its very hit or miss. Sometimes its disgusting. Sometimes its as it was.

I thought it was me.

Maybe some counterfeit chang is getting into the chain.

I commented on this very thing about 2 months ago.It seems to be only the big bottles and yes it is very hit and miss.You can buy 6 bottles and open the last one and yuk! Hubby and I are about to sit down and write a letter to Thai Bev or the Chang brewery to complain.We have tasted bad bottles in Bang Saen,Lampang,Nong Khae,Bangkok and so on.Theres no pattern.As for the 6.4% I don't think its anywhere near that.Haven't had "an elephant sit on my head" for months.

I look forward to the day when all Chang drinkers wake up and smell the Beer Lao :o

I think most people agree that Beer Lao tastes great. What % is it?

Is there any law against bringing a few case back from Laos?

post-60101-1236014455_thumb.jpg

5%.

They might "tax" you on re-entry...

Bottled beer should be stored in brown bottles and not under fluorescent light or the sun because UV light can break down components of the beer leading to off flavours. Cans are opaque so it doesn't matter where they are stored quite as much. This could be one reason why the bottles are more varied in flavour, due bad handling by retailers.