Movie Title

toopeekaa 1

No Cheating..... want to hear from someone who still has his memory about himself..... Using Google is the same as someone else telling you...

Steve McQueen Running for the Mexican Border with the loot from the heist..... Was the girl Ali McGraw, I think they were befriended by an old Mexican guy in an even older pick up truck and gave him part of the loot

What was the name of the movie ?

Yes the Getaway. Ali McGraw was married to a big producer by the name of Evans, but dumped him for Steve McQueen during the filming.

Whatever happened to Ali McGraw ?

Alec Baldwin did a remake of it a few years back.

Re Ali McGraw.... I think heard some years back that she had died of cancer.....

hope I'm wrong,,,,, always liked her ... making snow angels w/ Ryan O'Neal, or maybe thats where she died of cancer....... remember " a mind is a terrible thing to waste" or if you can't speak "a Mime is a terrible thing to waste"

I think it was her who starred with [ now I can't remember whats his name] James something maybe McArthur , in the movie where the nuclear Aircraft Carrier went back in time to WWII and then returned and the two stayed and got to be old folks by the time the carrier showed up again..... with Kirk Douglas I think...

Anyhow I think it was about this time or shortly after that she passed away

Re. The Getaway. Wasn't that old guy at the end Slim Pickens or Pickett?

One of those actors that you see in tons of films but never see top billed. Also of which you can never name or recall what other movies you've seen them in.

:o

No Cheating..... want to hear from someone who still has his memory about himself.....    Using Google is the same as someone else telling you...

Steve McQueen  Running for the Mexican Border with the loot from the heist..... Was the girl Ali McGraw,    I think they were befriended by an old Mexican guy in an even older pick up truck and gave him part of the loot

What was the name of the movie ?

It's not important, what is, is where can I get an Avatar like Totster. I vote this the most entertaining Avatar on the site. Who wants to run a book????

Speaking of Slim Pickens' movies - wasn't he the Air Force guy in the Peter Sellers movie about "Dr. Strangelove; and How I Learned to Love the Bomb" who rides the bomb down to the target bareback, waving a cowboy hat?

And didn't Ryan O'Neal father Tatum O'Neal, and didn't father and daughter play together in a movie as father and daughter?

And wasn't Ronald Reagan formerly married to the more famous movie star, Bonzo?

Speaking of Slim Pickens' movies - wasn't he the Air Force guy in the Peter Sellers movie about "Dr. Strangelove; and How I Learned to Love the Bomb" who rides the bomb down to the target bareback, waving a cowboy hat?

And didn't Ryan O'Neal father Tatum O'Neal, and didn't father and daughter play together in a movie as father and daughter?

And wasn't Ronald Reagan formerly married to the more famous movie star, Bonzo?

and the common link was each was having a love affair with the other.... Oh Doctor Strangelove ... indeed

Edited by toopeekaa 1

Paper Moon.

Ronald Reagan was married to that woman from Dynasty.

Hey toopeekaa 1 when you set a quiz isn't the quiz master supposed to know the answers already. Unless of course it's the pub quiz at the Irish Pub.

Well Lamphun, I'm sure you are correct. But quiz ??? What quiz, H*ell all I was trying to do is get an answer to a question ....

The whole thing started when I commented to another thread, the jacka** who got cheated at the Bkk Airport and WON.... which made me think of the Steve McQueen movie; which made me root for the bad guy [McQueen]; which made me want to donate to the cause of the bank teller at the airport to hire some guy to kick the jacka** in the A hole; which reminded me that I didn't know the name of the movie; which made me ask the question, and the ###### thing just got out of hand from there .......

Now what Quiz ????? :o

I have no idea if Ronald Regan was getting it on with Jane Wyman or Bonzo ......

or both ..... Aids had to start somewhere .....

Paper Moon.

Ronald Reagan was married to that woman from Dynasty.

Hey toopeekaa 1 when you set a quiz isn't the quiz master supposed to know the answers already. Unless of course it's the pub quiz at the Irish Pub.

Ahh, Paper Moon...a classic, and this coming from a guy who's only 34!

Well, speaking of movie classics, I was teaching 'reported speech' to Matayom 5 students today, and when the first class had a pair of identical twins, I concluded each of the next classes with Mathew Broderick's closing lines from "Ferris Buhler's Day Off" (I'm 62 and love that movie): Ferris comes back downstairs, stares at the camera, and says to the audience:

"What? Are you still here? It's over! Go home!"

Ben Jonson and Slim Pickens both were casted in The Getaway. Both were casted in western movies, Ben Johnson being the most famous cowboy whose name people can't remember. Both were in One Eyed Jacks with Marlon Brando.

Ben Johnson movies: including The Wild Bunch

Slim Pickens movies: including Dr. Strangelove and Blazing Saddles

The bad guy who gropped Sally Struthers in the Getaway was Al Lettieri he was in the Godfather also.

Ben Johnson w/ John Wayne

Slim Pickens w/ Harvey Korman

Ben Jonson and Slim Pickens both were casted in The Getaway.  Both were casted in western movies, Ben Johnson being the most famous cowboy whose name people can't remember.  Both were in One Eyed Jacks with Marlon Brando.

Ben Johnson movies: including The Wild Bunch

Slim Pickens movies: including Dr. Strangelove and Blazing Saddles

The bad guy who gropped Sally Struthers in the Getaway was Al Lettieri he was in the Godfather also.

Ben Johnson w/ John Wayne

Slim Pickens w/ Harvey  Korman

Remember Mates Honour System..... No Googleing..... Only Search Engine should be your mind..... but thanks for some memories I had forgotten..... Ben Johnson... Very good actor and aughie I agree most famous cowboy no one remembers

Mathew Broderick's closing lines from "Ferris Buhler's Day Off" (I'm 62 and love that movie):  Ferris comes back downstairs, stares at the camera, and says to the audience:

"What?  Are you still here?  It's over!  Go home!"

Okay how about Peter Sellers in the movie Being There. If any of the audience stayed thru the credits at the end of the film they were treated to some bloopers and botched lines by P.Sellers. Throughout the movie he had the straight deadpan face. Now in the blooper he cannot deliver this line with a straight face (and the line was never in the main body of the film): "If you see Raphael tell that ashhole...". Anyone remember the message Chance the garderner (P.Sellers) was supposed to relay from the street hoodlim to Raphael?

Final Countdown was the film!

The getaway was remade recently.........final countdown was about a warship that disappeared from Pearl Harbour and ended up in the future..........although there was another film about a boat from the future that disappeared into the past. :o:D:D

Wasn't the film about the ship called The Philedelphia Experiment?

The getaway was remade recently.........final countdown was about a warship that disappeared from Pearl Harbour and ended up in the future..........although there was another film about a boat from the future that disappeared into the past. :D:D:D

Wasn't the film about the ship called The Philedelphia Experiment?

your right of course...the ship that went into the future was the philiwhatever experiment.......the final countdown was about one that went back in time :o:D

The Philadelphia Experiment was actually a real project in WWII and, like the movie portrayed, was an attempt to make a ship radar invisible. In the movie the ship ended up in a time warp, wormhole maybe, and two navy guys blasted 50 years into the future after jumping overboard. If memory serves, the one guy (Jimmy) was drawn back and the other guy (David Herdeg, or something) found the original guy who did the first expirement who happened to be re-enacting another one on a small town. The up-shot was, the David guy went through the vortex, wormhole thingy, passing the town and the ship inside and got on the ship to smash apart the original machine, thus ending the time warp, vortex, wormhole thingy and dumping the ship and town in their own times...he returned to the future with his new girl.

The movie was called The Getaway, cracking film, I think Ali Mcgraw was his wife at some point, not sure.

Correctomundo .... on all points ....

Other actors also included ...

- a very young Sally Struthers (pre Archie Bunker days)

- Al Lettieri, who also played Virgil Solozzo in The Godfather

- Richard Bright, also who played Niri in The Godfather

- Slim Pickens who gives them a ride across the border in the final scene

(didn't have to google for them ... does that make me a dweeb?)

The getaway was remade recently.........final countdown was about a warship that disappeared from Pearl Harbour and ended up in the future..........although there was another film about a boat from the future that disappeared into the past. :o:D:D

Was the ship that went into the past the nuclear aircraft carrier Enterprise? It fought the Japanese at Midway or Pearl Harbor? The movie title escapes me.

The getaway was remade recently.........final countdown was about a warship that disappeared from Pearl Harbour and ended up in the future..........although there was another film about a boat from the future that disappeared into the past. :D:D:D

Was the ship that went into the past the nuclear aircraft carrier Enterprise? It fought the Japanese at Midway or Pearl Harbor? The movie title escapes me.

yes.....that was 'The Final Countdown'.........came out about the same time as that Swedish Teeny group Europes record of the same name. :o:D