I Like These Eco Friendly Green Electric Bikes

phazey

About time I had a little rant.

I've noticed the increase of electric motorbikes recently. Now i'm all for reducing the carbon footprint etc, but somehow I think the propeller heads have missed something. I've walked out of my place a few times, and had to step back or be startled to some person hurtling at me at ooh..15km/h - just cant hear the things. I've also been nearly had by the idiots riding on the paths with these machines. Imagine Barry Sheene riding a humming bird.

I got thinking about the kids playing on the soi. They get into their little world of their own, and everything else is ignored. Although they can be conditioned to listen for the regular motorbike noise, when it comes to the Eco bike - maybe the only solution is playing cards in the spokes as we did as kids all those years ago.....Whatever the solution, I think these electric eco bikes (and to an extent, electric cars) should make more noise.

What do you think?

[edit] typo correction

Edited by phazey

About time I had a little rant.

I've noticed the increase of electric motorbikes recently. Now i'm all for reducing the carbon footprint etc, but somehow I think the propeller heads have missed something. I've walked out of my place a few times, and had to step back or be startled to some person hurtling at me at ooh..15km/h - just cant hear the things. I've also been nearly had by the idiots riding on the paths with these machines. Imagine Barry Sheene riding a humming bird.

I got thinking about the kids playing on the soi. They get into their little world of their own, and everything else is ignored. Although they can be conditioned to listen for the regular motorbike noise, when it comes to the Eco bike - maybe the only solution is playing cards in the spokes as we did as kids all those years ago.....Whatever the solution, I think these electric eco bikes (and to an extent, electric cars) should make more noise.

What do you think?

[edit] typo correction

Just where is all this "green" electric generated exactly? By green coal? after all it was once plant material so it mus be green right?

How about a hissng noise like the hot air generated by all the carbon footrpint brigade, then you'll hear them coming, either that or you'll think its a big snake!!

Same problem with electric cars. Pedestrians step out first then look second. There's an electric sports car on the market which includes an engine noise generator.

Stupid is as stupid does , only the blind should have concern , don't look , don't complain . :o