Looking For Job In It

Hello,

I am a Canadian national currently teaching English in Thailand. I would like to have a job in IT this year. I already have a Degree in Computer Science and I've almost finish another degree in Software Engineering (still have one year left to do). I have 2 years of experience in the domain.

Most jobs requires Thai nationality. Where could I find a job in this domain ?

Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected]

Best regards,

Charles Beaulieu

<reality_check>

2 years "experience"...where is the value  to a Thai employer in a acquiring you ? There are loads of Thais with this on their resume.

10 years "expertise" would give you a more saleable resume.

</reality_check>

I have to agree - I'm running a software company here & currently recruiting but I have lots of Thai applicants with experience. There's lots of Indians applying here too & the impression is that they are good & will take less salary than a westerner.

What I'd recommend is that you get experience in a specific application - SAP, Telecomms billing, etc - then you'll have a fighting chance at a job with someone implementing that application.

Alternatively, I hear that the oil rigs have software personnel, so in theory, you could work 2 weeks on/3 weeks off on the rigs & spend your 3 weeks each time in Thailand.

Alternatively, I hear that the oil rigs have software personnel, so in theory, you could work 2 weeks on/3 weeks off on the rigs & spend your 3 weeks each time in Thailand.

This sounds interesting, I just searched for information about it online, but have not found anything, could you elaborate on this?

Hello,

I am a Canadian national currently teaching English in Thailand.  I would like to have a job in IT this year.  I already have a Degree in Computer Science and I've almost finish another degree in Software Engineering (still have one year left to do).  I have 2 years of experience in the domain.

Most jobs requires Thai nationality.  Where could I find a job in this domain ?

Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected]

Best regards,

Charles Beaulieu

In which domain? Software Engineering is a vast area. Domain is a term used to describe a platform or language , Operating system etc.

Edited by chonabot