Farang Caused Me To Lose Serious Face

dave9988

I introduced a farang friend of mine to a Thai lady who is a good girl from a good family. I did so warning him not to do her wrong or make me look bad. At the time, I thought him to be a honest, worthy man. Boy was I wrong. They get into a relationship 6 months on and he ends up sleeping with another woman behind her back, completely disgracing himself. This women is important to my wife's business and I do believe that this will affect that business relationship, so on top of the loss of face I have suffered there is also a likely financial loss. I introduced him to her because I thought that even though he was a foreigner in this country, he understood the culture and would represent himself according and morally, but I guess I was wrong.

What action can I take against him legally? I have heard of slander lawsuits but not "loss of face" suits, although I imagine that they exist. I guess this might fall under slander of character? Thanks.

Edited by dave9988

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I introduced a farang friend of mine to a Thai lady who is a good girl from a good family. I did so warning him not to do her wrong or make me look bad. At the time, I thought him to be a honest, worthy man. Boy was I wrong. They get into a relationship 6 months on and he ends up sleeping with another woman behind her back, completely disgracing himself. This women is important to my wife's business and I do believe that this will affect that business relationship, so on top of the loss of face I have suffered there is also a likely financial loss. I introduced him to her because I thought that even though he was a foreigner in this country, he understood the culture and would represent himself according and morally, but I guess I was wrong.

What action can I take against him legally? I have heard of slander lawsuits but not "loss of face" suits, although I imagine that they exist. I guess this might fall under slander of character? Thanks.

I would guess you are pretty much out of luck.

Are you kidding me man???? Let me get this straight? you want to SUE a guy because you introduced him to a Business friend of your wife, then he cheated on her and now your wife or you might lose some money???

I hope you are not serious man....First of all, after 6 months of them being together and what not, its not on you anymore, as in, Its not your fault in ANY way that this happen. So if this "scorned Thai Lady" wants to take it out on YOU, because the guy you introduced HER 6 months ago cheated oh her..well she is dead wrong! If you feel a bit of guilt then say to this Thai lady you are sorry, you didnt know he would turn out like this etc etc, but you are also not responsible for another grown mans behavior, Period. :o

I would guess you are pretty much out of luck.

The standard procedure in thailand for this sort of offence or 'loss of face' would usually involve a severe beating, possibly even death, for the guilty party. When in thailand, why not do as the thai's do, buddy?

If this woman is such an important business associate in your life, why would you do anything that would open up a chance of offending her?

Haven't you ever heard the age-old expression, "Don't mix business with pleasure."? People do say it for good reasons.

Edited by Beacher

2 sides to every story. Perhaps the gent has his side. If he led her on and treated her poorly then you don't need that as a friend. On the other hand, if she had a b/f on the side or asked him to undertake unpalatable sexual acts to pleasure her, or if she didn't even engage in amorous relations with him, could you blame him? For all you know, she could have told him his penis was not the appropriate size, or she may have had a contagious condition or maybe she slept with a knife under the pillow and scared him? You don't know do you?

If she chooses to pull her business over this, then was she really the type of business person you would want to do business with? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You are rid of 2 people that might cause you grief in the future. In any case you are not responsible for the love lives of others. They were consenting adults. caveat emptor.

It happens in all stratas of society, all over the world, and certainly in Thailand.

Most men think through their prxcks, especially in Thailand, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Accept it - it's part of life here.

I am sorry but you are crazy... So he was an ass and cheated on his girlfriend.... get over it. happens all the time...

Why the hel_l would you introduce your wifes business assocaite to anyone? If she is the type of person to hold you/your wife responsible?

Even if he did not cheat the likely hood of them breaking up was high, he is farang, she is Thai, major culture differences, break ups are usually not pretty... at the end of the day even if he did not cheat they probably would have broken up and you would still be in this situation....

Grow up.

Sue yourself for making an absolute fool out of yourself for posting this bollx. You're taking yourself way too seriously.

Mindless drivel cut out for clarity

I introduced a farang friend of mine to a Thai lady who is a good girl from a good family <-whenever I hear that I am suspect of the real story.

I did so warning him not to do her wrong or make me look bad. <-what are you, his frickin' father?

They get into a relationship 6 months on and he ends up sleeping with another woman behind her back, completely disgracing himself. <- you say himself, so actually he is the one you allege lost face NOT you right?

I introduced him to her because blah-blah-blah, he understood the culture <-you are a brainwashed sock puppet, there is no culture here it is a myth

I am continually amazed at the mindlessness of some foreigners and their headlong rush to embrace their "inner thai-ness".

You can neither gain nor lose face here my foreign friend. You are after all a foreigner and thus exempt from the face playing games enjoyed so much by the diminutive and ever smiling natives which inhabit this country.

I concur with the previous posters and suggest you grow a pair. .. Or at least grow one, if a pair is too much for you..

get back under your bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:D

2 sides to every story. Perhaps the gent has his side. If he led her on and treated her poorly then you don't need that as a friend. On the other hand, if she had a b/f on the side or asked him to undertake unpalatable sexual acts to pleasure her, or if she didn't even engage in amorous relations with him, could you blame him? For all you know, she could have told him his penis was not the appropriate size, or she may have had a contagious condition or maybe she slept with a knife under the pillow and scared him? You don't know do you?

If she chooses to pull her business over this, then was she really the type of business person you would want to do business with? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You are rid of 2 people that might cause you grief in the future. In any case you are not responsible for the love lives of others. They were consenting adults. caveat emptor.

He never mentioned the size of his FRIENDS penis you are making this up.