Maxnet Problems?

tomartoh

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get any satisfaction from Maxnet

I have there 2MG package here in our backwater in northern Thailand for 2 months. Its very slow, using speedtest.net, as Maxnet instructed, the download speed is usually between 380 and 420 and the upload similar. Difficult to stream video/tv and pages take ages to load at times.

After numerous phone calls and speed tests and checking things out [????] they tell me that problem is with TOT phone line which was installed to get this internet service from maxnet, and it is old and needs replacing.

Thats it, they are not interested. unfortunately i need the internet so dont want to cancel agreement. Is there any equipment that can boost the signal. Any suggestions

May be you can ask them to give you a try out with there premier package 2MB and see if that helps you as there indy package is not very good. If this does not improve your service then it may be true what they are telling you, its worth a try and if it does not improve then you just go back to the package you have now.

Regards

Scotsman

I have there 2MG package here in our backwater in northern Thailand for 2 months. Its very slow, using speedtest.net, as Maxnet instructed, the download speed is usually between 380 and 420 and the upload similar. Difficult to stream video/tv and pages take ages to load at times.

After numerous phone calls and speed tests and checking things out [????] they tell me that problem is with TOT phone line which was installed to get this internet service from maxnet, and it is old and needs replacing.

Thats it, they are not interested. unfortunately i need the internet so dont want to cancel agreement. Is there any equipment that can boost the signal. Any suggestions

i can't offer any suggestions but, I would like to add my own frustrations from Pattaya. The last 4 days have been absolutely terrible, and friends from rayong have said the same. Speedtest.net now has the signal from Malaysia and nolonger comes from Bangkok. <deleted> is happening ?

i can't offer any suggestions but, I would like to add my own frustrations from Pattaya. The last 4 days have been absolutely terrible, and friends from rayong have said the same. Speedtest.net now has the signal from Malaysia and nolonger comes from Bangkok. <deleted> is happening ?

I've been having a few problems with Maxnet in Chiang Mai for the last week, before which it has been trouble-free for months. The speedtest.net Bangkok test site is at ADSL Thailand, and I too have noticed that this has not been available quite often recently, with the closest alternative being shown as Penang. This perhaps indicates the usual problems with Thailand's connection to the outside world.

I've been having a few problems with Maxnet in Chiang Mai for the last week, before which it has been trouble-free for months. The speedtest.net Bangkok test site is at ADSL Thailand, and I too have noticed that this has not been available quite often recently, with the closest alternative being shown as Penang. This perhaps indicates the usual problems with Thailand's connection to the outside world.

Had the same problems but called the hotline. They reset my port at their server. Before I had 2048, then 512 and now I got 3072 download speed - the connection speed of my modem. Of course the speed test shows a value according the 3Mbs now too. A free upgrade?! A friend of mine had the same experience - before the call for some days slow speed with connection at only 512 and afterwards an upgrad to 3 Mbs.