Where Has The Tag Button Gone

Mali1964

Directly above the thread title

Moss

No I don't have it.

I am sorry for the poor advice.

We are testing a new version of the tagging software, and it is currently only available to Advanced members (over 500 posts).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It would be handy to know!!

Moss

Directly above the thread title

Moss

No I don't have it.

I am sorry for the poor advice.

We are testing a new version of the tagging software, and it is currently only available to Advanced members (over 500 posts).

It would be handy to know!!

Moss

That's ok Moss. Thanks for trying to help. I wonder how the testing is going? When will us plebs with less than 500 posts get a turn?

Thanks George for letting me know.

One issue I have is the 10,000 Baht Tagging competition that was announced a few weeks ago I find this a little unfair to those like myself who spent some time tagging for the benefit of TV to now be told we can no longer tag in the final weeks of the competition due to a software upgrade. :o

Any news on who got the 10,000 baht or how we are notified of this.

Thanks Shaun.

One issue I have is the 10,000 Baht Tagging competition that was announced a few weeks ago I find this a little unfair to those like myself who spent some time tagging for the benefit of TV to now be told we can no longer tag in the final weeks of the competition due to a software upgrade. :o

Thanks Shaun.

I admit that I felt the same way, although I also admit that I certainly wasn't tagging threads purely for the benefit of ThaiVisa; the prize money definitely factored into it. However, the prize was not that big, and I wasn't counting on winning it. It was more a matter of friendly competition, and I initially felt that I was unceremoniously cut out of it for reasons that were not explained to me. Since the rules stated that inappropriate tagging would lead to restriction of tagging rights, I naturally assumed that I had inadvertently done something wrong.

Like you, I also spent some time and effort tagging threads, and attempted to make the tags as relevant as possible. That will factor in to my decision to participate in any volunteer efforts for ThaiVisa in the future. I am not saying that I will never participate, just that my choice to participate will be affected by how much (or how little) I feel my efforts are appreciated.

That said, I'm sure the admins wouldn't lose any sleep over my absence. I'm sure there are plenty of members who would be happy to jump on board at the next opportunity.

I also don't lose any sleep over it. As I said, the prize was not that big, but more importantly, none of us are entitled to any prize. The admins of ThaiVisa are free to create totally biased and rigged competitions and award prizes to whomever they please. I am not saying that they did that in this case, but they could have and it would be their choice to do so. Membership here is free and optional, and the terms of service do not include any promises about the fairness of any competitions run by the admins, or any guarantee of members' chances at winning prizes.

Thanks Shaun.

and the Winner had only 360 posts

Click HERE

sensei

Thanks, everyone!

I have to warn you. Tagging is habit forming.

Group: Members

Member No.: 28,695

Well done lad/lassie :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

and the Winner had only 360 posts
Click HERE

sensei

Thanks, everyone!

I have to warn you. Tagging is habit forming.

Group: Members

Member No.: 28,695

Well done lad/lassie :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Very interesting, Kan Win. I've got about 10 times sensei's posts and have never seen the Tag button, and cannot see it now :D .

Kan't Win :D

Very interesting, Kan Win. I've got about 10 times sensei's posts and have never seen the Tag button, and cannot see it now :o .

Kan't Win :D

Just looking at the top threads in the Thailand News Clippings forum, it looks like none of them have any tags yet, when typically some helpful forum members would have already thoroughly tagged them by now. Moreover, there is no message at the top saying "This topic has not yet been tagged."

That, plus the fact that you, as a member with a high post count, can not see the tagging button leads me to think that the tagging feature may have been disabled altogether.

Just looking at the top threads in the Thailand News Clippings forum, it looks like none of them have any tags yet, when typically some helpful forum members would have already thoroughly tagged them by now. Moreover, there is no message at the top saying "This topic has not yet been tagged."

That, plus the fact that you, as a member with a high post count, can not see the tagging button leads me to think that the tagging feature may have been disabled altogether.

Yes, but I did see it once - a few months ago before tagging was even announced - when I added a tag, like "Spam" or something similar, when someone posted a spam topic.

Since then I've never seen it and certainly not during this competition period.

Maybe someone disabled my individual tagging ability after my first attempt, and never re-enabled it.

Do you still need 500 posts? i see the Tag label but no green button.

I can see the tag button in the top left corner with a small green circle with a cross in it. And now I can tag.

Hmm. I can't. I even switched to Internet Explorer :o just in case it was my Firefox that was blocking something. But still no Tag button. k1ocray.gif

• 1 month later...

to confirm 500 posts today i can now Tag my own Topic's yippee :)

it must be all a conjure by the yellows in yellow style, look, even the smileys are clearly implied as their colour will show you -->> :D:D:)

And your point :D

have you read the hole thread :D

...my point i guess falled down into the hole :D