Reporting A Change Of Address To Immig.

I have been living at same address in Bangkok for the last several years on a retirement visa. I am moving later this month to a another location in Bangkok and wonder about the procedure to report the change of address to Immig.

My next 90 day report date is next week. Can I just show up and tell them I am at a new address at that time with no other paperwork required? OR Do I have to get a notarized certificate of the new address from my embassy? I legally have both new and old addresses as my residence during the month of January.

My visa expires in April so can I wait until then to change my address which will coincide with my next 90 day report?. If so, will a notarized statement from the embassy be required or can I just report it as part of the paperwork?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Just go along to the immigration and complete the relevant form. Last time I went there was no need to bring along any notarized certs etc, just obviously your passport.

Absolutely right. I went yesterday (Jan 31) to the Bkk Suan Phlu immigration office to report an address change effective Jan 20. The kind lady in room 401 generously reminded me that I must report address changes within 24 hours, or pay a 2,000 baht fine. She then allowed me the change the new address date on the form to Jan 30 so that I complied with the regulations.

What happens with the 90 Day rule in such a case?

Say, I report change of address on Day 45. When do I have to report again? At the old 90 Day date, or 90 Days from report of change of address?

Sunny

The receipt that you get after reporting would tell you when you must report again. My guess would be 90 days from the report of the change of address but I don't have personal experience of this.

The receipt that you get after reporting would tell you when you must report again.  My guess would be 90 days from the report of the change of address but I don't have personal experience of this.

That is correct

i guess it is up to immi, as i have a different experience :

last year, applying for e new 1year extension, i got 30 days until jun/27, had to leave the country, coming back on jun/13, went to pick up the 1year extension on jun/27, until now ok

did not look at the slip they gave me and turned up for 90 days on sep/22, as i thought 90 days after last visit - nope : i was told, should have come 90 days after reentry, but they where nice, just gave me those 14 days less for next reporting!

Simple rule:  no report due if outside of country; otherwise it is due 90 days (plus/minus 7) from date you last reported on TM.47 (address report) or TM.6 (entry card).

thanks - so, picking up the new extension is just another visit at immi but has nothing to do with 90 days report?

Correct.

Simple rule:  no report due if outside of country; otherwise it is due 90 days (plus/minus 7) from date you last reported on TM.47 (address report) or TM.6 (entry card).

thanks - so, picking up the new extension is just another visit at immi but has nothing to do with 90 days report?

Seems crazy, but it is true. The visit to immigration to pick up your extension has nothing to to with the 90 day report time period.