Tukcom Now Open

Smokin Joe

I was just about to make a trip to Sri Racha for computer/game shopping when I found out that the long awaited IT mall on South Pattaya Rd was now open. I new it was in the works but hadn't checked lately and have been out of town for the last four months

Tukcom has been open a couple of weeks now although not all shops are open yet. Seems to be divided by category of shops on each floor i.e. 2nd floor is all mobile phone vendors. Not sure how Pattaya can support 200 more of these. Hardware stores on the next floor. Games and software next floor up.

I just bought a playstation 1 for B3000 for the GF's kid and they had the new slim PS2 for B9600 which I think is a decent price for here.

And everything from women's dresses to mountain bikes in between.

Star$$ at the entrance, S&P cakeshop sharing the frontage.

I went in at Christmas, when only half the shops were stocked, and the escalators half completed. Haven't been since, 'cos we're moving house at the moment, but it seems good for the community - no real computer shop in Pattaya before, except DCO, which I do not like. This should wake them up.

no real computer shop in Pattaya before, except DCO, which I do not like. This should wake them up.

DCO have been absolutely brilliant with me, my NEC monitor packed up on a Sunday night, at midnight the following day the guarantee was due to expire.

I called the shop manager (Narung) at 10 o'clock monday morning and got the monitor into the shop at 12, (6 hours warranty left) he gave me a old 17" monitor (mine's a 19" but never mined) to keep me going whilst mine was being repaired in bkk

1 week later the monitor arrived back, but whilst under test in the shop it blew up again so off it went again back to the repairers,

another 2 weeks later it was delivered to the condo at 5pm, the problem now was every time I clicked on the screen it went black (really weird)

I called Narung again and he said I must be doing something wrong but said he would come round after he finished work at 8pm

(not easy for this guy as he's in a wheelchair)

He did 2 clicks on the screen, established it wasn't my fault and told me it would be picked up the next day and once again it goes for repair

Ok at this point I am getting a bit p***ed off but there isn't a lot I can do about it, :o

1 more week later I get a phone call to tell me that I should stay in tomorrow afternoon and a brand new monitor would be delivered, sure enough it arrived but it wasn't the same as mine, low and behold they have sorted it with NEC to give me an upgrade. :D:D:D

Now if anyone can get service like that, out of a shop in Tukcom I will eat my hat,

Needless to say DCO have got my business the nrxt time I want a new computer built

Edited by Tufty

I was just about to make a trip to Sri Racha for computer/game shopping when I found out that the long awaited IT mall on South Pattaya Rd was now open. I new it was in the works but hadn't checked lately and have been out of town for the last four months

Tukcom has been open a couple of weeks now although not all shops are open yet. Seems to be divided by category of shops on each floor i.e. 2nd floor is all mobile phone vendors. Not sure how Pattaya can support 200 more of these. Hardware stores on the next floor. Games and software next floor up.

I just bought a playstation 1 for B3000 for the GF's kid and they had the new slim PS2 for B9600 which I think is a decent price for here.

Haven't been down there yet, am looking for mp3/i-pod player, anyone got any recommendations/ prices, just need something for travelling which would hold about 30 albums and have a decent battery life , tks :o

no real computer shop in Pattaya before, except DCO, which I do not like. This should wake them up.

DCO have been absolutely brilliant with me, my NEC monitor packed up on a Sunday night, at midnight the following day the guarantee was due to expire.

I called the shop manager (Narung) at 10 o'clock monday morning and got the monitor into the shop at 12, (6 hours warranty left) he gave me a old 17" monitor (mine's a 19" but never mined) to keep me going whilst mine was being repaired in bkk

1 week later the monitor arrived back, but whilst under test in the shop it blew up again so off it went again back to the repairers,

another 2 weeks later it was delivered to the condo at 5pm, the problem now was every time I clicked on the screen it went black (really weird)

I called Narung again and he said I must be doing something wrong but said he would come round after he finished work at 8pm

(not easy for this guy as he's in a wheelchair)

He did 2 clicks on the screen, established it wasn't my fault and told me it would be picked up the next day and once again it goes for repair

Ok at this point I am getting a bit p***ed off but there isn't a lot I can do about it, :o

1 more week later I get a phone call to tell me that I should stay in tomorrow afternoon and a brand new monitor would be delivered, sure enough it arrived but it wasn't the same as mine, low and behold they have sorted it with NEC to give me an upgrade. :D:D:D

Now if anyone can get service like that, out of a shop in Tukcom I will eat my hat,

Needless to say DCO have got my business the nrxt time I want a new computer built

Good for you.

I bought a 19" NEC at DCO. It stopped working one day, stil under warrenty. I brough it back to Narong at DCO who shrugged and said it would have to go to Bangkok. I asked but he didn't have any replacement unit so I had to go to Si Racha and buy a new screen - an Acer 19" which cost about half of what I paid for the NEC, and is a whole lot better too.

It took almost 3 months before I got the NEC back, repaired, and it's now standing in a corner as reserve in case the Acer ever shoudl break.

Shrug.

Edited by madsere

hmmm, DCO, on one of my pcs i decided to get a second hdd of 80gb put in, i explained to them that this was to be the secondary drive, so all they had to do was undo 4 scews, put the second hdd under my burner,connect 2 cables and do up the case, for some unknown reason they decided to use it as my main hdd, and then reformatted my original c drive and lost everything on it, that was the last time i used DCO.....never again...

• 2 weeks later...
/edit, no commercial spamming allowed

The link above has pictures and a brief description of Tuk com.

I have to laugh. I've been watching this place get remodelled for a year now. I live at the end of Soi DayNight 2, and walk past Tukcom almost every day (when I'm in country).

The "Parking space for 500 cars is available only outside the building area" mentioned on the link above is actually off the back side of the DayNight 2 hotel, almost 4 blocks away from the store.

I was joking with one of the locals that he should start a taxi service from the parking garage to the store and back.

The soi's around this area aren't very big (like most areas), and parking was a problem before the store started operating, especially on the days when the Soi Bukhoaw (?) market is open.

A lot of people in the area are hoping for a business boon. Lot's of apartment renovations, DayNight 2 hotel renovated, Waterfall restaraunt as well.

After the last hassle I went through getting a computer in Pattaya, having this store a couple of blocks away will be a boon to me !

/edit, no commercial spamming allowed

The link above has pictures and a brief description of Tuk com.

I have to laugh. I've been watching this place get remodelled for a year now. I live at the end of Soi DayNight 2, and walk past Tukcom almost every day (when I'm in country).

The "Parking space for 500 cars is available only outside the building area" mentioned on the link above is actually off the back side of the DayNight 2 hotel, almost 4 blocks away from the store.

I was joking with one of the locals that he should start a taxi service from the parking garage to the store and back.

as I mentioned before - they have a trolley service operating, taking people and luggage to/from the carpark. Looks like something out of San Francisco!