Bus Hits Senior Traffic Police Officer On Duty

george

Bus hits senior traffic police officer on duty

BANGKOK: -- A senior police officer was hit by a public bus when he was on duty here this morning.

The incident took place at the Victory Monument, one of Bangkok's most congested areas, when the senior traffic police officer, Pol. Col. Karoon Klinprayoon, the Traffic Commander of the Phaya Thai Police Station was controlling the flow of vehicles near an express way on Phaholyothin Road.

He was hit by an air-conditionerd bus, No. Po-oh 538, owned by SK Tour And Service Co., which ran on a high speed. and was thrown 10 metres away.

The senior traffic police officer were then rushed to a nearby private-run hospital, and was pronunced safe by doctors.

The driver of the bus was arrested and detained at the Phaya Thai Police Station for reckless driving.

--TNA 2005-01-12

Another one again...at least he is not dead.  How can we stop this from happening?  Once and for all, please!

I wanna trow up  :o

Make up some traffic rules, Adhere to them , not only make them for Bkk and not use them in pattaya . Make people drive on the correct side of the road. Pay police more so they are not corrupt. Get driving license schools. Impose stiff fines to drunk drivers.

Take the proceeds of the fines to make better roads , signals....Bann moterbikes with more then two people on

Have a look at some of the pics here .. you think they are "Normal" :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac..._album&album=11

Ect

I could go on and on and on..... but hey please don't make thailand europe :D

Yes, I agree all that will help the situation, but there are numbers of "obstracles" that prevent the "good behaviors" to happen. Thais consider themselves as "free to do what they want". You can relate this to many public disorders here:

- Thais have never stand in line

- Thais have never waited for anything

- Thais don't understand the word "fairness"

- Thais don't care about others about the loud noise

- Thais love to see others' misfortune

- Thais hate any one who criticizes them

- Thais LOVE to disobey the laws. I repeat, this is the center of all Thai's problems. We love to cheat others and brag proudly about it. How they sucessfully cheat someone and can get away with it. It's consider that if someone does this, he/she is smart. :o

I forgot to add this info:

The Director of BKK Municipal Transportation Agency (BMTA) visited the injured senoir police officer at the hospital. How nice!?! Do you see something here? If the victim is just another Thai, he wouldn't bother to go there. But this is a police officer so he needs to do that just for the sake of his job.

Almost everything in Thailand is an illusion. We're living in a twilight zone.

:o

Yes, I agree all that will help the situation, but there are numbers of "obstracles" that prevent the "good behaviors" to happen.  Thais consider themselves as "free to do what they want".  You can relate this to many public disorders here:

- Thais LOVE to disobey the laws.  I repeat, this is the center of all Thai's problems.  We love to cheat others and brag proudly about it.  How they sucessfully cheat someone and can get away with it.  It's consider that if someone does this, he/she is smart.  :o

Sorry but i have to disagree

They do, before boarding the BTS bus and at the bank

Some farang TG always wait for money to be bank-in from their oversea bf(s)

They do, it is in the buddhist teachings

They do, it's just that the speakers are too far from them when they are driving the bus/van. And the loud noise helps them to stay awake during long destination driving

No, I have seen alot of times Thais help others in need

Don't you and everyone else?

- Thais LOVE to disobey the laws

This is for all in the world, if you can get away with it - why not?

Explorer :D

1. What was Colonel doing on traffic duty??

2. I am surprised this does not happen more often.

The police along the Sukhumvit Highway, near Chonburi, love to leap out in front of oncoming cars,

risking their own lives and those of road users who swerve to avoid them!!

The boys in brown do ask for it!!!! Stnd in the road, good idea, at night, better, wearing a crash helmet (thats gonna help) wearing a brown uniform!!!

I am amazed more of them don't get hit.

BTW Did the colonel get the 200 baht??????????????????

And ASTRAL,

DON'T SWERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the senior traffic police officer, Pol. Col. Karoon Klinprayoon, the Traffic Commander of the Phaya Thai Police Station was controlling the flow of vehicles.

The driver of the bus was arrested and detained at the Phaya Thai Police Station for reckless driving.

awaiting this UPDATE:

The Phaya Thai Police Station regretfully reported to the family of the bus driver that apparently there was an accident at the Phaya Thai Police Station and that the bus driver slipped in his cell and suffered a fatal head injury when he fell.

I forgot to add this info:

The Director of BKK Municipal Transportation Agency (BMTA) visited the injured senoir police officer at the hospital.  How nice!?!  Do you see something here?  If the victim is just another Thai, he wouldn't bother to go there.  But this is a police officer so he needs to do that just for the sake of his job.

Almost everything in Thailand is an illusion.  We're living in a twilight zone.

:o

Glad to see that some thais understand this as well golf :D , as i presume you are thai. Unfortunatly systems and mentality are not easily changed.

As is see it thailand has only two major problems. Corruption and "Save Face" mentality. If you can work on those two thing , lot's of subsequent things would change for the better.

Of course a lot of the charm of thailand for farangs is the "easy going , i can do what i want" mentality :D

Dear all:

Thanks for your comment Explorer. I know that many in this forum love Thailand, and I am too. The things I listed on my previous post are from my life-long experience. As a Thai person, I might be a black cheep for most of them.

- The BTS is a new system to them. There are so many people waiting to get on board. Many (not all) are willing to elbow everyone who block their way. I have seen, have experience it all the time. While we're waiting "in line", someone always cut in front. On one incident, I was waiting in line to pay at Tops Supermarket. A guy came out from nowhere, put his shopping right in front of me. I asked, "hey, I was here first. You have to wait after me." He gave me a smug look, "why should I do that?" See.

- Most Thais don't understand fair treatments. Yes, Buddha teachings state that, but it's a matter of how they're used. Thais choose their "special treatments" over "fair treatments". Examples are everywhere in Thailand.

- Every one loves to disobey the laws. Yes. But how do you feel while you do everything right and you're patience, you wait in line, you're fair with others, and another guy always corrupt, cheat others, gives unfair treatments, and he gets away with all that. How do you feel?

As for Darknight, yes, I am a real Thai. A Thai man who fed up with all Thai craps. I love my country and want to see it grow strong, being acceptable by the rest of the world. All my comments are for good course, not destructive. We need to accept what it is in Thailand. Corruption and save face must go away, other wise we cannot survive the real world.

Another reason why most senior policemen spend the day on the golf course - less chance of something hitting them between TV appearances when a grizzly or serious crime takes place and they have to go and personally supervise the investigation.

Now if only this guy had followed the rules, he would not have got hit.

I use the 538 bus often to connect with the BTS and l've never seen anything to complain about driving wise, really.

Don't know how fast the bus would have been going at Victory Monument, it's always very congested so l doubt if it could have been too fast. It's mostly stop/start stop/start the last kilometre before you get to Victory Monument so not much chance of getting up to high speed.

Well;

My comment about busses, try driving up Highway 24 at night or in the late afternoon. See for yourself, but the behaviour of the busses defies my understanding of the Highway Code or any other code of driving I have seen anywhere.

It does not suprise me at all to hear of this.

Surely the bus driver had "Right of Way" he was carrying alot of people, therefore everyone must get out of his way.