Thai Child Passport

I'm a brit have lived in a thailand for about 8 years on retirement and non-immigrant-B visa's.

My thai wife/girlfriend (we DO NOT have marriage certificate) and I have a son 1 year old.

My son has a thai birth certificate, british birth certificate and passport.

We would like to visit relatives in US and want to have no problems getting my son back into Thailand.

Is it possible for my son to get a Thai passport without his parents having a marriage certificate?

It doesnt appear possible according to Thai passport requirements in Thailand.

It appears on this web site he doesnt need one, until 7 years old, but I prefer he get one.

Yes, your son's mother should get a Thai passport for him, and you can get him a UK passport if you wish.

He should have his own passport to travel to the USA, even if he is only one year old.

--

Maestro

Is it possible for my son to get a Thai passport without his parents having a marriage certificate?

It appears on this web site he doesnt need one, until 7 years old, but I prefer he get one.

Not only possible, that's the norm.

Both parents (or court's document stating sole custody) have to be present in person when applying for child's pasport. No pictures needed - they take the pic on the spot.

We got Thai passport for our daughter before we were officially married.

Both parents (or court's document stating sole custody) have to be present in person when applying for child's pasport. No pictures needed - they take the pic on the spot.

Sounds good to me but below copied from www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

Documents required when applying for a Thai passport

Males - Identity card.

Females- Identity card.

Minors (under 20 years of age)

1. Birth certificate (new born -14 years) or identity card (15-20 years)

2. Marriage Registration Certificate of mother and father.

3. Identity cards of mother and father.

4. Consent of parents or legal guardian (s) Minors under 15 years of age must come to the passport office with both father and mother or legal guardian (s). In case one of the parents is unable to come , he/she must sign a letter of consent, which must be brought to the office by the other parent and the minor. Minors over 15 years of age can apply for a passport with a letter of consent alone signed by both father and mother or legal guardian (s).

Are you saying that the Thai birth certificate and parents Identity cards/documents is sufficient without the Marriage Registration Certificate of mother and father?

Is this done at Thia passports office at Pink Lao in BKK?

Your assistance, is greatly appreciated navigating these murky waters.

ThaiRat

Sounds good to me but below copied from www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

Documents required when applying for a Thai passport

Males - Identity card.

Females- Identity card.

Minors (under 20 years of age)

1. Birth certificate (new born -14 years) or identity card (15-20 years)

2. Marriage Registration Certificate of mother and father.

3. Identity cards of mother and father.

4. Consent of parents or legal guardian (s) Minors under 15 years of age must come to the passport office with both father and mother or legal guardian (s). In case one of the parents is unable to come , he/she must sign a letter of consent, which must be brought to the office by the other parent and the minor. Minors over 15 years of age can apply for a passport with a letter of consent alone signed by both father and mother or legal guardian (s).

Are you saying that the Thai birth certificate and parents Identity cards/documents is sufficient without the Marriage Registration Certificate of mother and father?

Is this done at Thia passports office at Pink Lao in BKK?

Your assistance, is greatly appreciated navigating these murky waters.

ThaiRat

No marriage certificate (we were not married).

Mother's ID, father's passport, baby's birth certificate showing both parents as per ID and passport.

It was at Bang Na Central.

You would need Father's ID Proof/Mother's also,and most important-A marriage certificate what ever country the marriage was in to be translated into Thai.

Else you could apply for it and leave father's name details out-As if he is not existing right now.It would be easier to get the passport then,and later the father can appear again.

The disappearing father act is to be done just to obtain the passport.