Raimon Land

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Its been a while - whats the news?

Q1 balance sheet looks pretty dire as does potential project sales of Bt21bn and an order book of Bt9bn.

It looks like they are trying to liquidate Phuket holdings I dont know about elsewhere. What standing are their major shareholders in? Is The River still under construction?

Do they have substantial off balance sheet contingent liabilities?

What price does their debt trade at if at all?

Its been a while - whats the news?

Q1 balance sheet looks pretty dire as does potential project sales of Bt21bn and an order book of Bt9bn.

It looks like they are trying to liquidate Phuket holdings I dont know about elsewhere. What standing are their major shareholders in? Is The River still under construction?

Do they have substantial off balance sheet contingent liabilities?

What price does their debt trade at if at all?

why not just to www.set.or.th english version, type in raimon, then look at the news.

• 2 years later...

Well, what a difference two years makes, eh?

Harbingers of Raimon Land's demise seem to have been somewhat premature in their prophecies.

The Northpoint development is the benchmark for Pattaya and it seems the Zire, adjacent to it, is a successful refinement of their policy taking into account the changing demographic of purchaser/investor.

The Palm project further down the road, developed by the Nova Group, is currently being lauded as the quintessential condo experience but frankly they just don't seem to be offering the same quality as Raimon land and the reported success could probably be attributed to the marketing hype surrounding its location - using a snooker player to promote it perhaps underlines the difference in class and approach separating Nova and Raimon Land.

Have to say, Northpoint must be one of the best examples of modern architecture in Thailand.- beautiful buildings and the apartments streets ahead of what anyone else seems to be doing. If my £ hadn't been so ravaged I would have bought there with no hesitation.

Well, what a difference two years makes, eh?

Harbingers of Raimon Land's demise seem to have been somewhat premature in their prophecies.

The Northpoint development is the benchmark for Pattaya and it seems the Zire, adjacent to it, is a successful refinement of their policy taking into account the changing demographic of purchaser/investor.

The Palm project further down the road, developed by the Nova Group, is currently being lauded as the quintessential condo experience but frankly they just don't seem to be offering the same quality as Raimon land and the reported success could probably be attributed to the marketing hype surrounding its location - using a snooker player to promote it perhaps underlines the difference in class and approach separating Nova and Raimon Land.

Have to say, Northpoint must be one of the best examples of modern architecture in Thailand.- beautiful buildings and the apartments streets ahead of what anyone else seems to be doing. If my £ hadn't been so ravaged I would have bought there with no hesitation.

I agree,

The River project is 90% sold out and 185 is now selling like hotcakes.

First class quality is the draw card for Raimonland.

There is so much negativity on this thread about Raimonland and yet the company just keeps growing from strength to strength.

Harbingers of Raimon Land's demise were actually quite close to being proved correct. According to a conversation with the new CEO, when he took over the reigns the company was around 2 weeks away from going belly up. Nice work by him and the other decision makers for turning it around.

I've always thought Northpoint would turn out nice and it has. The only drawback as a resident I'd imagine is not having a covered walkway from the parking building to the residential towers. From a design perspective they could've done a lot better with the rear of the building - the exterior paint they've chosen just makes it look unfinished. Other than that, first class.

Historically Nova have never matched RL in terms of quality - it'll be interesting to see how The Palm turns out. As for using a snooker player to market it, why not? RL used Thongchai Jaidee, and were involved in that horrendous "Academy Fantasia"-style reality show and used the performers from that to market Northpoint.

What amazes me with Zire, is how RL have the balls to delete both buildings adjacent to it (one of which being Northpoint, their flagship Pattaya development) from all their marketing literature, giving the (wrong) impression that it stands alone in a lush green environment, when in fact u could throw a stone onto a Northpoint balcony from Zire and probably hear someone fart in Sky Beach. Artistic license taken to the n'th degree.... A bit naughty if u ask me.

It will also be interesting to see how the residents at Northpoint react once the piling starts at Zire. The cracks (superficial, not structural) that are bound to appear will no doubt infuriate some.

What amazes me with Zire, is how RL have the balls to delete both buildings adjacent to it (one of which being Northpoint, their flagship Pattaya development) from all their marketing literature, giving the (wrong) impression that it stands alone in a lush green environment, when in fact u could throw a stone onto a Northpoint balcony from Zire and probably hear someone fart in Sky Beach. Artistic license taken to the n'th degree.... A bit naughty if u ask me.

Naughty is not the word. Dishonest is the word. In most developed countries it would be totally illegal.

But given that absolutely everything connected with real estate in Thailand is founded on dishonesty and lies, that's really nothing new. Look at the mocked-up pictures of that new/old/reborn Waterfront place, none of which appear to show any of the new big buildings on the other side of Buddha Hill. For that matter, look at the mock-ups of those other buildings, none of which show the Waterfront blocking their view.

Personally I am much more bothered about possible future buildings than existing ones that have been air-brushed out. At least a site visit reveals the existing buildings in all their glory. To see future buildings you need imagination.

Edited by Darrel

Harbingers of Raimon Land's demise were actually quite close to being proved correct. According to a conversation with the new CEO, when he took over the reigns the company was around 2 weeks away from going belly up. Nice work by him and the other decision makers for turning it around.

I've always thought Northpoint would turn out nice and it has. The only drawback as a resident I'd imagine is not having a covered walkway from the parking building to the residential towers. From a design perspective they could've done a lot better with the rear of the building - the exterior paint they've chosen just makes it look unfinished. Other than that, first class.

Historically Nova have never matched RL in terms of quality - it'll be interesting to see how The Palm turns out. As for using a snooker player to market it, why not? RL used Thongchai Jaidee, and were involved in that horrendous "Academy Fantasia"-style reality show and used the performers from that to market Northpoint.

It will also be interesting to see how the residents at Northpoint react once the piling starts at Zire. The cracks (superficial, not structural) that are bound to appear will no doubt infuriate some.

Given Raimon Land's major shareholder based in Kuwait effectively took over the company in 2006 I don't quite think it was going to fold up in 2009 unless of course the shareholders wanted to lose their holding.......

Frankly, only an idiot would take the Zire publicity at face value. Anyone even faintly interested could see after the most preliminary of research that the proposed development was amidst the existing structures.

I imagine the residents of Northpoint will probably react in much the same way that anyone who had bought a condo in Thonglor, Ekkamai, Silom. et al did. Anyone with the meanest of intelligence knows that if there is space available next to their property in the current climate there will be development.

Sometimes one could be forgiven that most farang in Thailand still haven't a clue about the country.

• 3 weeks later...

Given Raimon Land's major shareholder based in Kuwait effectively took over the company in 2006 I don't quite think it was going to fold up in 2009 unless of course the shareholders wanted to lose their holding.......

Frankly, only an idiot would take the Zire publicity at face value. Anyone even faintly interested could see after the most preliminary of research that the proposed development was amidst the existing structures.

I imagine the residents of Northpoint will probably react in much the same way that anyone who had bought a condo in Thonglor, Ekkamai, Silom. et al did. Anyone with the meanest of intelligence knows that if there is space available next to their property in the current climate there will be development.

Sometimes one could be forgiven that most farang in Thailand still haven't a clue about the country.

No doubt you are absolutely correct and the CEO of the company hadn't a clue what he was talking about when he made that statement. He's probably one of those farangs who "still haven't a clue about the country" and forgot to take a look at the books.... Or perhaps "one could be forgiven (for thinking?) that" his head was as far up his a*se as yours apparently is.

Yes the Kuwait shareholders became involved in 2006, however, they left a certain gent at the helm, pretty much unattended, who was more interested in throwing lavish parties and spending the odd million U$ on jolly ups to Russia than in running a profitable company. Finally in 2009 someone in Kuwait woke up and realized that the helmsman was heading the ship towards the rocks and that if drastic action wasn't taken immediately all hands would be lost. Hence the arrival of the current CEO and the rather unceremonious departure of the former skipper.

Yes, one would expect development on vacant land next to any development in a prime beachfront location such as where Northpoint is situated, and to their credit RL never hid the fact that they had bought the adjacent land and would be developing it. Would that stop you from being infuriated, or at least a little upset, to see the cracks appear as your view disappears?

As for the marketing literature for Zire conveniently excluding Northpoint and Sky Beach, in your opinion that is perfectly acceptable and to be expected from a reputable and listed developer such as RL, even if one of the buildings omitted is their own flagship development? Would you not expect them to be proud of what they have created (and they should be proud of Northpoint) rather than photoshop it into non-existance? I would have thought accentuating the positives "Situated adjacent to the prestigious Northpoint and sharing the same idyllic beachfront setting...." would have been a more professional and honest approach to the marketing of Zire, and I'm sure that any overseas buyers who fly in to take a look at the site prior to purchasing would also have appreciated such honesty.

But hey, what do I know....? I haven't a clue about Thailand.

<snip>

Yes, one would expect development on vacant land next to any development in a prime beachfront location such as where Northpoint is situated, and to their credit RL never hid the fact that they had bought the adjacent land and would be developing it. Would that stop you from being infuriated, or at least a little upset, to see the cracks appear as your view disappears?

As for the marketing literature for Zire conveniently excluding Northpoint and Sky Beach, in your opinion that is perfectly acceptable and to be expected from a reputable and listed developer such as RL, even if one of the buildings omitted is their own flagship development? Would you not expect them to be proud of what they have created (and they should be proud of Northpoint) rather than photoshop it into non-existance? I would have thought accentuating the positives "Situated adjacent to the prestigious Northpoint and sharing the same idyllic beachfront setting...." would have been a more professional and honest approach to the marketing of Zire, and I'm sure that any overseas buyers who fly in to take a look at the site prior to purchasing would also have appreciated such honesty.

The north tower of Zire is especially jammed in between the south tower, Northpoint twin towers, Skybeach, and the parking garage. Idyllic beachfront living, hardly. I'm not a civil engineer, but I hope the ground can support all that weight.

Edited by InterestedObserver

<snip>

The north tower of Zire is especially jammed in between the south tower, Northpoint twin towers, Skybeach, and the parking garage. Idyllic beachfront living, hardly. I'm not a civil engineer, but I hope the ground can support all that weight.

Not a problem.

Didn't the Pattaya mayor just announce that they are going to import millions of cubic metres of sand to extend the beach back into the sea.

And provide enough space to build more condos in front of Zire, Northpoint and Sky Beach and the new water line.

<snip>

Not a problem.

Didn't the Pattaya mayor just announce that they are going to import millions of cubic metres of sand to extend the beach back into the sea.

And provide enough space to build more condos in front of Zire, Northpoint and Sky Beach and the new water line.

I rather think the Zire North tower is further from Skybeach than the latter is from Saranchol by a considerable margin. Indeed, it is not only further but from its standpoint its view is unobstructed for the most part. The notion that a few grains of sand sprinkled on a beach constitutes reclamation worthy of development is of course quite absurd even if the news announced by the Mayor applied to Wongamat, which it doesn't.

Typically, posters here are as imbecilic as most other fora members. The comment " I hope the ground can support all that weight " probably says it all.

I rather think the Zire North tower is further from Skybeach than the latter is from Saranchol by a considerable margin.

Appears to be about the same distance, or close to it, as required for the mandated fire lanes.

Indeed, it is not only further but from its standpoint its view is unobstructed for the most part.

View of what, certainly not Wong Amat Beach from the north tower.

The comment " I hope the ground can support all that weight " probably says it all.

Would you care to comment on the depth to bedrock or the pilings required to avoid structural damage to Sky Beach?

Edited by InterestedObserver

instead of talking total &lt;deleted&gt; why don't you get down there and see for yourself?

" Depth of pilings " indeed. What an idiot.

You think they will build those towers without piling then?

The good Lord did tell us about the foolish man who built his house on sand...:whistling: