Watch Tv In Your Home Country

jimlackey

I see many requests on how to watch sports such as NHL, MLB, NFL, etc. on TV.

One technique that works is a slingbox. You need a friend in your home country (or wherever) with the following: a Slingbox, a PC, CableTV, Internet connection.

Then from wherever you are in the world, using your laptop or PC, you connect to the internet and then logon to the PC/Slingbox in your friend's home and then watch TV on any channel your friend subscribes to on CableTV.

It works, I have been using it for years - watch all the TV I want from my home country.

For more information, google search for slingbox or slingmedia

Edited by jimlackey

I use the "Sony Base Station" and hook it up to my cable box in the USA. I can control the cable box via the internet and watch the programs on my laptop. The picture quality isn't that hot, but I really don't care about that.

With True Cable, a slingbox does not work that great.  Anywhere else where you actually get close to the amount of bandwidth for which you pay, it works great.

I pay for 2 mb, but when I try to watch my slinbox, I jump up and down from 50 kb to 300 kb and back down.  As teh slingbox keeps trying to optimize as the bandwidth changes, it gets very, very herky jerky and pretty hard to view.

When I call True Cable, I get told "Internet in the US slow!"