Champagne In Check-through Luggage

jcon

Any experiences? Can I take a few (4) bottle of champagne and stuff them in my check through and be safe? Don't want exploded bottles at my destination, but I don't want to pay 4x (almost 5x!) the price for my required bubbles at the resort....

And as i hear it's raining in Phuket, I'm going to especially need the bubbly.

Yes? No?

thx

jcon

<br />Any experiences? Can I take a few (4) bottle of champagne and stuff them in my check through and be safe? Don't want exploded bottles at my destination, but I don't want to pay 4x (almost 5x!) the price for my required bubbles at the resort....<br /><br />And as i hear it's raining in Phuket, I'm going to especially need the bubbly. <br /><br />Yes? No?<br /><br />thx<br /><br />jcon<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You can but don't forget the bubble wrap!!

I doubt you'll have issues with bursting bottles.

But don't forget the legal limit is one bottle only, and they DO xray check Green Channel bags (not 100% and not all the time).

I doubt you'll have issues with bursting bottles.

But don't forget the legal limit is one bottle only, and they DO xray check Green Channel bags (not 100% and not all the time).

Thx everyone.

Crossy, does that legal limit apply to domestic flights? I was under the impression that those alcohol/cigarette limits were for international travel (esp in Thailand, the place where you can pretty much board domestically with anything as long as your are going to a tourist destination in Thailand... domestic security is a joke, esp at Don Meuang - my preferred airport)

This will be a domestic flight, BKK to HKT (Phuket) in Business (Thai Airways). I suppose I could call them up, yes, but alas I'm lazy :o

No limit on domestic flights. If I buy wine and take it to Buriram I just have the shop put it in a wine box and pack it well. Then check it in as fragile and pick it up in Buriram.

Though they check more for excess tobacco, they will have you over for some booze if they can. It was never like this at Don Muang where I regularly brought in masses of booze and tobacco which they could see, never tried to hide it.

No problem on domestic :o

I assumed you would be on international. I like the idea of getting the shop to pack it, it can then travel quite openly.

Edited by Crossy