Another Bit Of Chrome Weirdness..?

phaethon

Here's a new one - whenever I first right-click on a link and select "Open link in new tab" a little semi-transparent box with "Open link in new tab" in it remains floating over the new page. Not just that but it persists over all other applications, even video, and the desktop with Chrome minimized or even closed. The only way I have found to get rid of it was to change the screen resolution slightly and then reject the change.

(Actually I've just checked and it happens with any selected option from the right-click menu - the selected option persists as a ghostly floater and only for the first time a right-click operation is performed)

I have latest updates for Chrome and WinVista.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

I tried to replicate this issue on 2 machines - with Vista and XP installed. Chrome v1.0.154.48

None of the mentioned weired behavior happened. I personally would uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Edited by webfact

yeah none of that here, just the odd crash, sounds like your video is low on memory...

Yes, I thought 1GB sounded a bit on the low side... :o

I restarted and the problem went away, but then Vista started with some licencing malarky, so while I await a response from M$oft I'm experimenting with Linux :D

yeah none of that here, just the odd crash, sounds like your video is low on memory...

Yes, I thought 1GB sounded a bit on the low side... :o

I restarted and the problem went away, but then Vista started with some licencing malarky, so while I await a response from M$oft I'm experimenting with Linux :D

Works fine here and my bowser of choice on any Vista box ..