Changing Jobs And Provinces And 15th Of Febr Rule

Hi everyone,

a question: I'm changing jobs and moving between provinces as well.

Am I correct with the following steps?

1. hand in work permit and get a return receipt.

2. take receipt + new contract etc etc to immigration office to change name of visa and renew (extension) visa (mine runs out as my contract ends)

3. Apply with copies of your new visa and proof of handing in the old work permit for a new work permit

4. smile and start work.

This is what I did last time, but I stayed in the same province. Now I'm moving between provinces. What does this mean in terms of going to the immigration office. Which one should I go to? The one where I live now (Nakhon sawan --> mae sot) or should I go to the new one Ban phe (rayong) --> ??

How long before the end of the contract can I do this? My contract runs out on the 31st of March, work permit dito. Start work new job 1st of April.

My file is still in Ayuthaya because I used to go to Ayuthaya for my visa extensions before the 15th of Febr.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Fritz

You are no longer required to turn in the WP. Your employer has to inform labour and immigration that your employment wil be terminated, stating what your last working day will be. You can then apply for an extension of stay of 7 days at immigration.

If I where you, I would start the WP process at the new labour office already, so you will have all the papers ready when your job finishes and can directly apply for an extension of stay when your job ends. Depending on the job the new WP can take some time and immirgation does wnat to see one for an extension.

You are no longer required to turn in the WP. Your employer has to inform labour and immigration that your employment wil be terminated, stating what your last working day will be. You can then apply for an extension of stay of 7 days at immigration.

If I where you, I would start the WP process at the new labour office already, so you will have all the papers ready when your job finishes and can directly apply for an extension of stay when your job ends. Depending on the job the new WP can take some time and immirgation does wnat to see one for an extension.

Did they change the rules lately? Because last time I took the receipt I received from the labor department, with assistance of my previous employer, and went to the immigration department with my new contract and the application form for the new work permit and got my extension.

So are labor department and immigration office connected? I should apply for the extension in the same province I work?

Did they change the rules lately? Because last time I took the receipt I received from the labor department, with assistance of my previous employer, and went to the immigration department with my new contract and the application form for the new work permit and got my extension.

So are labor department and immigration office connected? I should apply for the extension in the same province I work?

Yes, the rules regarding the WP changed about a year ago.

Have a look here: http://www.dejudomlaw.com/index.php?option...09&Itemid=9

It has 2 articles on the subject.

I would apply for it at the same province, but can't hurt to call first. Also Tak immigration is very user friendly.

I would apply for it at the same province, but can't hurt to call first. Also Tak immigration is very user friendly.

Thanks for the info!

Aha so a visa is now 3800 baht. 1900 for the application and 1900 for the termination. This country is horrible when it comes to visas. It's ridiculous that you have to pay to cancel a visa.

So what happens if they don;'t process the wp on time. Isn't the submitted application form or copy thereof enough?

Thanks for the info!

Aha so a visa is now 3800 baht. 1900 for the application and 1900 for the termination. This country is horrible when it comes to visas. It's ridiculous that you have to pay to cancel a visa.

So what happens if they don;'t process the wp on time. Isn't the submitted application form or copy thereof enough?

Yes, the extension is 1,900 and the next extension when you have the documents etc of the new employer is also 1,900. That's why I advised you to arrange everything now, so when the job ends you can apply for a full year extension right away and only have to pay 1,900 once.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, the extension is 1,900 and the next extension when you have the documents etc of the new employer is also 1,900. That's why I advised you to arrange everything now, so when the job ends you can apply for a full year extension right away and only have to pay 1,900 once.

Gotcha! many many thanks for your answers. That's exactly what I did last time except for the fact that I needed to hand in my work permit and get the receipt. So I'll do everything at once. I'm trying to contact Tak and Maptaput now to see if I can do everything at the same immigration department as I'm leaving the province and with the new rules.... you never know.

Many thanks for your help. I hope they'll process everything on time. Last question: A confirmation of the application for a work permit is no longer enough nowadays?

Fritz

I just got off the phone with Tak immigration. They still say that I have to hand in my work permit and get the receipt.

In maptaput they don't know. And my new employer seems to stick to the rules of 4 years ago.

Another question: Two years ago my non b was issued and I have the same visa ever since. I changed jobs once, and now again. No time gaps or anything. The first visa was issued with the police record included. After that I worked at a university so I didn't need a police check for an extension. Now my new employer is asking for a police check. Do I really need one?

Hope that anyone can help me in the wonderful visa maze of the thai immigration department.

Edited by frtiz

You don't state your job, so you have to have a look here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a77473-.html

I presume you are a teacher, so look under

2.6 teacher at government institution

2.7 teacher at private institution

Many thanks again. I couldnt' find that document.

some useful info maybe concerning the work permit and my experience at the moment.

They told me to hand in the work permit on 'one' of the last days of my contract. Not necessarily the last. They will issue a receipt and the will file it on the internet so the immigration office can see that you've handed in your WP.

My secretary is in my case allowed to hand in mine, although I will go with her to make sure I get the receipt.

After that I will make my way to the new immigration center in the same province where the work permit will be issued. There I can apply for the extension of my visa with the right paper work.

I don't know how to what extend this varies between the immigration offices but all three parties involved here, Tak immigration, Nakhon Sawan labor department and Maptaput immigration office have all been very helpful and informative. The labor department in Nakhon Sawan seemed to know the most about everything.

Fritz