Kindle 2 Ebook Reader

angiud

• 1 month later...
last week imported a HP Medismart Server with value of us$660 via ups from NY Store. Import vat duty paid 2200THB. (UPS not normal postal service)

Also ordered $300 worth of items from macsales.com delivered via fedex 1300thb was the charge.

would not worry about the import duty on the sony or kindle would expect about 1500thb-1700thb.

my experience is you never get robbed with duty etc. if you use Fedex, UPS and DHL - simply because the courier has already paid the amount to customs and just claim it back from you. They will not pay the scam amounts.

Hi namoo. :)

was the above via shipto.com?

<br />Recieved Sony PRS 600 Touch Edition from www.bhphotovideo.com Price was US$299.00 + US$ 61.00 Shipping by UPS.<br /><br />Customs Duty was 900THB<br /><br /><br />SCN<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have a Sony PRS 505 from bhpphotovideo and I'm very happy. I'm going to give mine for present to my sister to buy a better one. What are your impressions on the new 600 touch? Are you satisfied? Can you give me your valutation?

Thank You

Antonio

As a UK resident anticipating retirement to Thailand around the end of the year, I'm pretty much persuaded that the BeBook is the best buy. As far as I can see the Kindle is no use unless you have a US-based credit card, and while the Sony Reader is an excellent bit of kit, it only allows downloads in the UK from Waterstones, whose website is crap for finding the ebooks you want, and their prices are too high.

Is anybody based in LOS buying downloads for the Sony Reader from anywhere else with a UK-based credit card?

Might want to change your mind now that the Kindle works here. (you can't order it for delivery in Thailand, but I got it sent to HK, and so far it's working here with no problems...)

Amazon now sells it officially in the UK, so no longer any problems ordering most books for it. (except for very new books which are often only available in the US, but it's relatively easy to get around that problem, without needing a US credit card.)