Westernized Red Bull In Bangkok (carbonated In A Can)

ZenTraveler

I want to buy the Westernized version of Red Bull in Bangkok. I thought I saw it in Khao San Road but I may be mistaken. The version I am referring to is from the Austria company and comes in a tall thin aluminum can and is carbonated and sold in the U.S., Europe, Australia, etc. I've only been able to find the original Thai version in the glass medicine bottle (Krating Daeng). I also hear that SHARK is a similar energy drink in taste to the Westernized Red Bull version.

If anyone knows where to buy in Thailand, specific Bangkok, please let me know. I have a friend in Ko Samui, Trang, Krabi, Phuket area looking for it as well.

Thanks,

Zen.

Edited by ZenTraveler

I want to buy the Westernized version of Red Bull in Bangkok. I thought I saw it in Khao San Road but I may be mistaken. The version I am referring to is from the Austria company and comes in a tall thin aluminum can and is carbonated and sold in the U.S., Europe, Australia, etc. I've only been able to find the original Thai version in the glass medicine bottle (Krating Daeng). I also hear that SHARK is a similar energy drink in taste to the Westernized Red Bull version.

If anyone knows where to buy in Thailand, specific Bangkok, please let me know. I have a friend in Ko Samui, Trang, Krabi, Phuket area looking for it as well.

Thanks,

Zen.

Shark is the same thing as Western Red Bull. I see it in many 7-11's. Most big 7-11's should have it.

Edited by alaina

Thanks,

Zen.

Shark in the tall silver cans is similar to Red Bull in effect, but with a milder, less sour taste. I like it better than red bull. I buy it at Esso stations and Jiffy marts at Jet and PTT, some 7-11's now.

Is there a difference besides taste between the two versions of red bull?

Thai Red Bull is not carbonated and does not have Taurine in it. It is kinda thick. It also comes in a glass medicine bottle.

Westernized Red Bull IS carbonated and has Taurine in it. It comes in a thin aluminum can.

I do not like the former but love the latter. Hence, my search...