Buriram Bars

Thaicoon

Seen comments about the new bars in Buriram, i was quite surprised at the standard of food Oliver is serving at the french bar, in my mind this is far the best food in Buriram, and the presentation is superb, congratulations, you would pay top dollar for this in Bangkok, and in the uk it would break the bank, i will not mention the irish place as he is closed most of the time, bamboo is the same, still good food, Marks bar serves a good breakie.

Also visited ludos at Bankadan ( Time Out) also congratulations to Ludo, he also serves dammn good food and good selection of beers, drank all his cider, and a damm nice guy and atmosphere. brilliant on a sunday when he has his live music.

It is nice to see positive things happening in Buriram, also the new bar opened yesterday by book and bed two English guys hope they do ok.

One bar which serves brilliant thai food is the Lakeside, superb food and cheap as chips well worth a visit.

Edited by Thaicoon

Also visited ludos at Bankadan ( Time Out) also congratulations to Ludo, he also serves dammn good food and good selection of beers, drank all his cider, and a damm nice guy and atmosphere. brilliant on a sunday when he has his live music.

One bar which serves brilliant thai food is the Lakeside, superb food and cheap as chips well worth a visit.

Time Out at Bankadon is indeed a great place, well worth going out of your way for. Ludo and partner Yai put a great deal of effort into it and fully deserve their success.

Which lakeside bar would you be referring to? A new Lakeside bar/restaurant, Paradise Lake, has just opened on Prakhonchai lake, run by a Dane, Lars. Good atmosphere, excellent food and very cheap.

Time Out at Bankadon is indeed a great place, well worth going out of your way for. Ludo and partner Yai put a great deal of effort into it and fully deserve their success.

Which lakeside bar would you be referring to? A new Lakeside bar/restaurant, Paradise Lake, has just opened on Prakhonchai lake, run by a Dane, Lars. Good atmosphere, excellent food and very cheap.

Lakeside bar opposite side of the lake to french place in Buriram, Thai run but damm good food and cheap, worth a visit. had some good times at Ludos this time.

Seen comments about the new bars in Buriram, i was quite surprised at the standard of food Oliver is serving at the french bar, in my mind this is far the best food in Buriram, and the presentation is superb, congratulations, you would pay top dollar for this in Bangkok, and in the uk it would break the bank, i will not mention the irish place as he is closed most of the time, bamboo is the same, still good food, Marks bar serves a good breakie.

It is nice to see positive things happening in Buriram, also the new bar opened yesterday by book and bed two English guys hope they do ok.

Please, where do you come from? Where have you ever eaten? The food in Olivers is absolute <deleted>; or Shit'e if you are , indeed French?...........Surely this is a wind up?....Try Chris' place; the n.y's guys place on the other side of the lake if you want quality.

Please, where do you come from? Where have you ever eaten? The food in Olivers is absolute <deleted>; or Shit'e if you are , indeed French?...........Surely this is a wind up?....Try Chris' place; the n.y's guys place on the other side of the lake if you want quality.

I meany N-Z's (New Zealand) guys place- far, far superior!!!!!!

Got to agree with Fruity on this one. Wouldn't be crossing the lake from Friendz to Vinyl for food.

I to agree, Friendz has a nice feel to it. Chris & Wan are good 'guys.'

I am still fantasizing about the Apple turnovers they made for us! MMMmmmmmm

Dave

All those who enjoy Frendz had best hurry up and eat there as the word is that the lease is up for sale Maybe Fruity and Torrenova will club together and buy it 600,000 i believe is the asking price.

That includes the mozzies

Edited by binnsy

All those who enjoy Frendz had best hurry up and eat there as the word is that the lease is up for sale Maybe Fruity and Torrenova will club together and buy it 600,000 i believe is the asking price.

That includes the mozzies

I heard 500,000 and Im not a 'local' listening to the jungle drums.

or was that another Buriram Bar???? :o

Tried most of the bars in Buriram, down to the Embassy 15 years ago, if you know where that was, and ploys, i quite like french food, english food is boring, and most of the steaks you have in thailand are a hit or a miss, even across the lake, all the ferangs i have spoken to think olivers place is no 1, maybe thats why he is the busiest place in Buriram at the moment, and you mean the N.Z's guys place. not a new yorker.

Fruity, if you think olivers food is like <deleted>, i would not know as never eaten it :o

Edited by Thaicoon

Vinyl is busy because of a few reasons. In no particular order.

Paddys, the nearest competitor is hit and miss whether open or not. Their food is overpriced, if actually available. Landlord often pissed. Many times no cold beer.

Sadatdee Krap, now Friendz closed down for a while amid managerial restructuring.

Vinyl benefited from an exodus of people from Sawadee Krap because of a number of personality issues and arguments. Also benefited from the closure of Magnus' place on Jira Road.

Vinyl caters to the morning cheap charlie Chang and Leo crowd.

It is the most "hip" place on the pond and has some cachet amongst young Thai ladies.

Vinyl is busy because of a few reasons. In no particular order.

Paddys, the nearest competitor is hit and miss whether open or not. Their food is overpriced, if actually available. Landlord often pissed. Many times no cold beer.

Sadatdee Krap, now Friendz closed down for a while amid managerial restructuring.

Vinyl benefited from an exodus of people from Sawadee Krap because of a number of personality issues and arguments. Also benefited from the closure of Magnus' place on Jira Road.

Vinyl caters to the morning cheap charlie Chang and Leo crowd.

It is the most "hip" place on the pond and has some cachet amongst young Thai ladies.

The old Bamboo crowd use Riams Bar, they all go to the french for early evening, and a few of them eat, i know magnus well, known him for over 10 years, he was not open long.

Sorry, don't know where Riams Bar is ?

I liked Magnus. Apparently was going to open another place but never got it off the ground. Chris says he is often in Friendz.

Nothing that wrong with Vinyl but Paddys should have wiped the floor clean with all bars around that pond.

I liked Magnus. Apparently was going to open another place but never got it off the ground. Chris says he is often in Friendz.

Nothing that wrong with Vinyl but Paddys should have wiped the floor clean with all bars around that pond.

Yes, Magnus is a nice guy, Riams bar is the 2nd road, behind the old twiggat as driving up to the Elephant from the government offices, about 3rd down on the left, she was married to a ferrang. try it out on a friday afternoon. there are some good guys in there.

Sorry to say Fruity but you have changed your tune from a previous post.

We have friends living in that soi, the Irish bar was supposedly opening 2/3 days ago, however, I'm unsure if it actually did so?

The french place is ok, tried his breakfast a week or so ago, place done out quite nicely, food I had & service ok. Quite a few expats venturing in whilst I was there, so maybe he'll do ok? Personally, I think he'll struggle to make any money from this place. Renting a double unit, 3 waitress' & a male chef will put a drain on things. Theres just not the trade in Buriram for such a place, likewise, the irish pub will sadly struggle after the initial interest has died down.

Edited by Thaicoon

Yeah but surely Fruity's comment was made when Paddy's was going to open, Magnus was open and the crowd of westerners who use Vinyl were drinking in Sawatdee Krap ?

I didn't think it could do it on the food (though the first breakfast was not bad) and didn't and still don't think it is set up for a drinking place. Other factors have come into play.

Yes, Magnus is a nice guy, Riams bar is the 2nd road, behind the old twiggat as driving up to the Elephant from the government offices, about 3rd down on the left, she was married to a ferrang. try it out on a friday afternoon. there are some good guys in there.

Sorry to say Fruity but you have changed your tune from a previous post.

We have friends living in that soi, the Irish bar was supposedly opening 2/3 days ago, however, I'm unsure if it actually did so?

The french place is ok, tried his breakfast a week or so ago, place done out quite nicely, food I had & service ok. Quite a few expats venturing in whilst I was there, so maybe he'll do ok? Personally, I think he'll struggle to make any money from this place. Renting a double unit, 3 waitress' & a male chef will put a drain on things. Theres just not the trade in Buriram for such a place, likewise, the irish pub will sadly struggle after the initial interest has died down.

Hardly ''changed my tune'' In the quoted post I say that in the then NEWLY opened Vinyl place the food & service was OK; NOT GOOD or EXCELLENT, but ONLY-OK. At that particular time I was giving the place 'the benefit of the doubt' Any new set up deserves that; however, on my 2/3 subsequent visits over the following months, nothing had improved, infact, quite the opposite as far I was concerned. It may well be a pleasantly located watering hole, but as a quality restaurant, forget it.

well I went back after breakfast which was too many things of lower quality for a cheap price which would have been better had there been less and thus the overall quality could have been improved (as price could not be raised). Subsequently some onion soup, a signature French dish and something else were so poor that I didn't risk it again. So 1 so so and 2 bad.

I stayed a couple of days i brr,it has been a long time since last time,i met some real nice people there farangs and thais,seem to me that the farangs there mostly comes from pataya and try to make the last of theire money to last a bit longer i brr.

Nothing wrong with that,when it comes to food it is not the place to go and i do not understand how any of the farang places can compete with the thai places,the service in all of the farang places is as bad as on a aeroflot flight to moscow,the food is just as bad.

i had a very nice conversation with chris at friends, very nice guy did not badmouth anyone,he has had some bad luck with the restaurant but he was by far the most interesting person i met besides that he had decent food.

The biggest idiot i met had to be 70 something norwegian selfclaimed thailand guru that did not speak a word of thai,a raving alcoholic, guess evry city has one.

the vinyl place french owner,i had 2 meals there lets just say he was lucky with the singha.Bamboo bar,ate there twice food is best described as fastfood mc donnalds does it better and faster but this place is a safe one if you like wienerscnitzel, it is allmost impossible to fuc_k up a wienerschnitzel,the service level in this place is by far the best.

Mark is likable guy polite and honest and has a nice bar with diffrend kinds of beer.

there are no good hotels in brr,thepnakorn is not as bad as the other hotels there and the food is VERY good+they got a good swimming pool,the other entertainment there you can find out by yourself some of them are not suitable if you travel with your wife.

Sawan Daeng is a nice place to hang out allmost evry day extreemly professional staff,very good food very good band,this is a nice place to pick up girls both comercial ones and not com.

phutakorn not far from thepnakorn hotel is nice good band very high level of service good food,its like sawan daeng but smaller and you can smoke there allso a good place to get in touch with non pro girls but not after midnight when karaoke girls hits the place but it is not to hard to see the differend.

The woodshack whores or the bamboo bar whores are just too ugly for my taste either that or they are just too young there is a lot of underaged girls there just stay away from them.

Buriram is a nice city do not expect to meet rocketscinetists if you only mingle with farangs but there are some nice and friendly farangs there :o

post-28865-1236859850_thumb.jpg

I stayed a couple of days i brr,it has been a long time since last time,i met some real nice people there farangs and thais,seem to me that the farangs there mostly comes from pataya and try to make the last of theire money to last a bit longer i brr.

Nothing wrong with that,when it comes to food it is not the place to go and i do not understand how any of the farang places can compete with the thai places,the service in all of the farang places is as bad as on a aeroflot flight to moscow,the food is just as bad.

i had a very nice conversation with chris at friends, very nice guy did not badmouth anyone,he has had some bad luck with the restaurant but he was by far the most interesting person i met besides that he had decent food.

The biggest idiot i met had to be 70 something norwegian selfclaimed thailand guru that did not speak a word of thai,a raving alcoholic, guess evry city has one.

the vinyl place french owner,i had 2 meals there lets just say he was lucky with the singha.Bamboo bar,ate there twice food is best described as fastfood mc donnalds does it better and faster but this place is a safe one if you like wienerscnitzel, it is allmost impossible to fuc_k up a wienerschnitzel,the service level in this place is by far the best.

Mark is likable guy polite and honest and has a nice bar with diffrend kinds of beer.

there are no good hotels in brr,thepnakorn is not as bad as the other hotels there and the food is VERY good+they got a good swimming pool,the other entertainment there you can find out by yourself some of them are not suitable if you travel with your wife.

Tawan Daeng is a nice place to hang out allmost evry day extreemly professional staff,very good food very good band,this is a nice place to pick up girls both comercial ones and not com.

phutakorn not far from thepnakorn hotel is nice good band very high level of service good food,its like sawan daeng but smaller and you can smoke there allso a good place to get in touch with non pro girls but not after midnight when karaoke girls hits the place but it is not to hard to see the differend.

The woodshack whores or the bamboo bar whores are just too ugly for my taste either that or they are just too young there is a lot of underaged girls there just stay away from them.

Buriram is a nice city do not expect to meet rocketscinetists if you only mingle with farangs but there are some nice and friendly farangs there :o

Very interesting summery Nuwatmat.

I too like Chris's place and thought the grub was good. Cannot argue with any of your comments and thanks for the laugh. I have only visited a few times and had the misfortune to see a few of the Buriram 'low-lifes', pissed at 6PM!! and would rather keep away for them too.

Dave

Sawan Daeng is a nice place to hang out allmost evry day extreemly professional staff,very good food very good band,this is a nice place to pick up girls both comercial ones and not com.

Buriram is a nice city do not expect to meet rocketscinetists if you only mingle with farangs but there are some nice and friendly farangs there :D

FRENDZ IS NOW CLOSED

As for your coment on the girls who work at the Bamboo i would not call them WHORES :o

Buriram is a nice city do not expect to meet rocketscinetists if you only mingle with farangs but there are some nice and friendly farangs there :D

FRENDZ IS NOW CLOSED

As for your coment on the girls who work at the Bamboo i would not call them WHORES :o

Sorry neither would i but i did not refer to that bambbo bar i ment the small ones with karaoke,my faulth

Just spent four days in Buriram. Two things about Buriram night life:

1. I saw two examples of alcoholism in Buriram, to an extreme I've never witnessed before in Thailand. And I've seen a of of drinkers, including in Phattaya.

a.) I went for breakfast at Bar Buriram and talked with a Scandinavian who seemed quite knowledgeable about the town. I saw him at about 11 a.m., then again mid-afternoon and again in evening. He was sitting at the same table, same chair with a glass of beer. I can only assume he drank all day. Saw him again the next day. Same spot. Same thing.

b.) Met an English fellow around 6 in the evening. He had to be home at 7. From 6:30 to 7 p, he had 6 to 8 drinks. Excused himself from the table, said goodbye and went to pay the bill. But he sat at the bar (partly out of my sight) and could see him handle probably 4 to 5 more drinks. So in 45 minutes, he downed a mixture of beers and hard liquor adding up to more than 10. Yikes!

2. There were no taxis of any kind at night. Even around the club district (Tawan Daeng and Speed disco, etc.), there were none to be found. I walked the long way home to the Siam Orchid Hotel every night. Once or twice I saw a sahmlor or moto taxi but always the timing was way off, i.e., almost home. One night a guy in a compact pickup called out "taxi." I found out later this can happen.