Renewing Road Tax On Financed Car

My finance company (bank) have asked me to pay for annual road tax renewal and compulsory insurance + their fee, after having had the car for 1 year.

Can I take a photocopy of the registration book (bank hold original) to tax office and renew alone

Advice please

The finance company will never give you the book until you pay the car off, but they will fax you a copy of the book to use for this purpose. call them and it's done. But, you also have to go to a garage and get a VIN number inspection and verification document first.

Just send the payment to the finance company if they sent you an invoice. Most likely they have already paid the road tax and compulsory insurance and are waiting for you to send them the money. When you do they will send copies of the paid road tax and the decal for the window back to you.

What a load of tosh.

Someone sends you a tax bill and you take that with your insurance stuff and other documentation to the office and they give you the tax thing.

No need to send off for this, go visit this or get this or that.

You can even do it at the Post Office. If you have an insurance broker, they can do it for you. Simple process.

That only works if you have the Blue book in your hot hands.

In the case of the OP his car is financed and the bank or loan office holds the title They handle the purchase of the decal. I personally don't know the process but in order to get a decal at the Land Transport office the blue book must be presented to the clerk. Again for the OP he does not have the book.

He cannot just go to a Post office and pay