Price Of Beer Gone Down?

Boater

shame the prices are n't going the same way in bars,but as usual they go up.

Ah well that's the Thai business logic. Less customers means you have to increase the prices to make the same profit. Their aim is to open one night a year, have one customer who buys one bottle of beer for five million Baht.

Ah well that's the Thai business logic. Less customers means you have to increase the prices to make the same profit. Their aim is to open one night a year, have one customer who buys one bottle of beer for five million Baht.

:o so true.

Spot on.

So, what is it for a glass/bottle of beer in a night club these days? 4-6 dollars? Almost as home.

Sure, there are all varieties of price classes (and establishments).

Spot on.

So, what is it for a glass/bottle of beer in a night club these days? 4-6 dollars? Almost as home.

Sure, there are all varieties of price classes (and establishments).

There are many pubs in the UK that sell a full pint of beer and lager, far cheaper than in Thailand.

I realised this about two years ago.

About half dozen of Pattaya's Walking Street gogo bars have lowered their prices

You can now get a decent sized glass of draft beer for 35 Baht in Happy Hour and 39 Baht later on

philharris,agree with you,now they are now charging 150 Baht :o for a small Singha in most of the Go Go bars in Nana,and 95 Baht at the outside bars.

This is over 3 quid for a beer now,I never paid that in Rip Off Uk. :D

I use to go daytime to a bar in nana (a year ago was last time) who had a special between 3 in the afternoon and 7 in the evening. Choose a beer brand, chang was 300 baht, and you can drink as much as you want for 3 hours. 150 baht for a beer is completely redicolous! Whopays that?? :D . And what is included in that price?? :D .

philharris,agree with you,now they are now charging 150 Baht :o for a small Singha in most of the Go Go bars in Nana,and 95 Baht at the outside bars.

This is over 3 quid for a beer now,I never paid that in Rip Off Uk. :D

Yeah, but can you watch naked girls dancing while having a beer in the UK for 3 quid?

No? That's what I thought :D:D

Pimarn Hotel charges 120 Baht for a bottle of Heineken and that is all the way out here in the sticks. They sell only 2 beers, that or Singha and Singha is even more expensive. They pushed the prices up last year and now they have lost customers. Resorted to a 20% off for a while on all mixers, beers and food. Did not help. Customers lost and have not gone back.

Better places to go with beer at reasonable prices, seems the option is to go where the beers are cheap and still have a good atmosphere.

Pimarn Hotel charges 120 Baht for a bottle of Heineken and that is all the way out here in the sticks. They sell only 2 beers, that or Singha and Singha is even more expensive. They pushed the prices up last year and now they have lost customers. Resorted to a 20% off for a while on all mixers, beers and food. Did not help. Customers lost and have not gone back.

Better places to go with beer at reasonable prices, seems the option is to go where the beers are cheap and still have a good atmosphere.

stupid marketing manager,customers lost this way rarely return..............enjoy bankruptsy mr. greedy :o

They are charging more for Singha than for Heineken? Of course they are you are comparing beer against rat's p1ss. :D

Yes you can get a pint in the UK for around £1 (50 THB) but that's only some pubs (Wetherspoons), mostly you'll be paying around £2.50 to £3.00 in the south. As for watching semi naked girls dancing just walk down some high streets after midnight Saturday and you'll see more flesh than you may want to. You'll also hear language that is deserving of a two year jail sentence and that is from the "girls".

To be perfectly honest I find that the beer prices haven't risen much over the years even taking into account exchange rates.

In 1992 we were paying around 40 to 60 Baht a bottle in Pattaya beer bars and that was when the rate was £1 = 38 THB.

In 2009, a month back, I was paying 45 - 80 Baht a bottle at £1 = 52 THB same locations.

And I've deliberately left out that period of Nirvana when it was £1 = 92 THB. Oh happy days :D , for us, but miserable times for the Thais.

Now you go back to 1992 in the UK, how much was a pint then compared with now? The Thai government has yet to jump aboard the alcohol duty gravy train. :o