Glam Rock Still Alive

Birdman

Have you been a teeny in the 70es? And have been into Slade, Mud, The Sweet, Nazareth...strange feelings with Suzi Quatro...

Still hearing that and getting that old feeling?

post-33720-1236426637_thumb.jpg post-33720-1236428110_thumb.jpg

This songs have a power someone was not young at that time can never imagine.

Perfect, the sirens, the beat, the choirs like whole stadiums were singing

post-33720-1236427262.jpg

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

I still have a great collection of those fantastic pieces of vinyl from The Sweet.

Even now when you listen to some of their songs they still sound great and are pieces of great artistic compositions.

There are a lot of original clips to be found on YT.

Also great to listen to are those fantastic Motown classics, Three Degrees, Donna, Diana, lot's of good stuff.

:o

But is there a seventees event coming up in Thailand or something?

I know its not PC to mention the creep now but In my youth and beyond I used to love Gary Glitter. Up to him going to prison I still used to enjoy going to see him in concert. He did put on a good show. I grew up with sweet, Slade, Bay city Rollers, ELO, David Cassidy etc. AHH the memories!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I know its not PC to mention the creep now but In my youth and beyond I used to love Gary Glitter. Up to him going to prison I still used to enjoy going to see him in concert. He did put on a good show. I grew up with sweet, Slade, Bay city Rollers, ELO, David Cassidy etc. AHH the memories!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
So I guess I give away my age now I used to like the beatles, rolling stones, abba, and many more I can't list :D

I know its not PC to mention the creep now but In my youth and beyond I used to love Gary Glitter. Up to him going to prison I still used to enjoy going to see him in concert. He did put on a good show. I grew up with sweet, Slade, Bay city Rollers, ELO, David Cassidy etc. AHH the memories!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
So I guess I give away my age now I used to like the beatles, rolling stones, abba, and many more I can't list :D

I do admit owning some 45s I would not publicly admit owning.. :o

Nothing is coming up, sorry, Alex. I just went back in time while listening to that music. The 70es were really very creative, so many different music styles. Big groups were at their best, eg Queen with their phenomenal albums 1 and 2.

I remember clearly holding my first album I bought in my hands. A truly special, almost unique moment.

I know it's not as good as having Suzie Quarto here, but her x guitarist and hubby of 20 yrs,Len Tucky, comes to Thailand several times a yr. He always comes to the Blues Factory to jam. He also managed Slade for 15 yrs. He told me he got tired of "baby sitting"! as a matter of fact he was just here for 2 months and left last wk.

The attached photo is from a post festival jam on Feb 22 in Phuket,after the Phuket International Blues festival

post-20913-1236499305_thumb.jpg