Settlement Visa For Uk

Hi All,

I applied for a settlement visa last April for my wife and got it approved after 5 days of waiting, but my friend has applied for a settlement visa for his wife 4 weeks ago and is still waiting to hear something. Was I just luck that we got the visa after 5 days or is having to wait this long normal?? as you can imagine he’s now getting quite worried.

Regards

cfrmatt

Hi All,

I applied for a settlement visa last April for my wife and got it approved after 5 days of waiting, but my friend has applied for a settlement visa for his wife 4 weeks ago and is still waiting to hear something. Was I just luck that we got the visa after 5 days or is having to wait this long normal?? as you can imagine he's now getting quite worried.

Regards

cfrmatt

Around a month seems to be the normal time frame since December 08. No idea why, maybe they are doing more checking, less staff or more applications. Your friend shouldn't be too worried at the moment. IF you do a search other people have posted the same in the last couple of months.

How Do I Apply?

Visa processing time

If no interview is required, your passport should be returned to the application centre within 2-5 working days. If you need to attend interview we aim to provide an interview within 15 working days for non-settlement applications and within 12 weeks for settlement applications.

Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times- when we cannot reach these standards with all applications.