Thailand Predictions

libkk

Fasten your seatbelts, please

Published on January 10, 2005

Sorajja Nual-yu, a Thai astrologer working for Matichon Press’ “The Methodology of Astrology”, rose to fame when he correctly predicted in early 2001 that the US would face a major terrorist attack in September that year. Well, we witnessed September 11.

Last year Sorajja also predicted that 2004 would be a year of greater terrorism and damage for Thailand than any before. There would be an epidemic in January followed by bloody conflict in the South in February and an earthquake in the South later in the year that would result in huge losses of life of the people living in coastal areas and destruction of property and buildings. Well, we witnessed the bird flu and the unrest in the three southern provinces, culminating in the tsunami disaster on December 26.

His crystal ball has become the talk of the town as local people are starting to read his fortune-telling for the Year of the Rooster. Sorajja is a civil servant working for the Department of Irrigation. His astrological forecast is based on traditional Thai astrology, plus duang muang or “City Angel” based on the position of the stars on April 21, 1882, the date when Bangkok was founded by King Rama I.

According to his astrological read, published in Matichon Weekly (December 31, 2004), Sorajja sees this year as the year of terrorist acts that will create unprecedented losses and calamities to Thailand. The new government will face internal conflict of ideas, while the country will face a huge drought. “Iron forces” will only lead to more conflict. Civil strife will heighten.

The southern unrest will deteriorate, with the terrorists relying on greater forces or more devastating weapons. Both the foreign and local terrorists will cause huge loss of life and damage to the government’s property and schools. The ability of the government to subdue the unrest will be limited.

On the economic front, the oil crisis will continue to hurt the Thai public, while the state banks will not be able to bail out the economy. The stock market will take a beating. Stock investors will burn their fingers, while poverty will be widespread.

“Forest water” will flow from the North and the Northeast before reaching Bangkok. There will be a big flood in Bangkok.

Important figures in Thailand will fall seriously ill. The bird flu will make a comeback, resulting in more loss of life and other damage. Since Jupiter is in a precarious position, there will be a need for the opposition and the government to work together to prevent the internal conflict from running out of control.

Essentially, the year 2005 will be a dangerous one for Thailand, since Rahu will be moving into Pisces, which will mean a disaster for Aries. According to astrological statistics, whenever Rahu reaches this point there is a major disaster.

The following is Sorajja’s forecast for each month of 2005. (Readers are advised to exercise judgement when reading these lines, written with the hyperbole beloved of the astrological fraternity.)

January – Bangkok will suffer from a terrorist attack, creating shock and loss of life. The bird flu will come back, resulting in more damage and an epidemic, amid new diseases. The oil shortage will continue, and the economy will get into a slump.

February – The month of the general election will witness a terrorist act in the South. Several hotels will be destroyed, with a hostage crisis and assassinations. More road accidents will occur. The Bank of Thailand will undergo a reform. The tourist industry will be in bad shape.

March – Important figures in the country will die. Firms will have to lay off employees. The North will suffer from an earthquake. Theft and robbery will proliferate.

April – The stock market will crash. Important figures will face deteriorating health.

May – The most tragic month of the year. The stock market will crash again, while the political situation will become even more volatile. Several factories will have to close down, with employees laid off. Unemployment will follow. There will be some aviation accidents.

June – This will be a month of calamities. The climate will change quite suddenly. Accidents are likely. Aircraft will crash.

July – This will be a rather delicate month. There may be a coup and bloody conflict. It will be a time of great political conflict within the country, bringing about economic hardship and a stock-market slump. Fires will occur throughout the country.

September – The first half of the month may be smooth, with important visits from foreign dignitaries. Thai monks will see more tarnishing of their image. The government will face a challenge that could lead to a labour strike.

October – The Thai political scene may be in for a change. There may be loss of life. There may be a dissolution of Parliament. Natural disasters will continue to ravage the country, in the North, Northeast and South. Bangkok will be flooded.

November – The stock market will crumble. The Thai public will face higher debt. Bangkok will face another serious flood. Coastal areas will be hit by disasters. The railways will be cut. The telephone system will break down.

December – There will be the beginning of a bank crisis. Stock prices will fall. Accidents and disasters will proliferate. The government will not be able to tackle the problems.

If Sorajja’s forecast hits the mark, we can but adapt the immortal words of Bette Davies in “All About Eve” and fasten our seat-belts: it’s gonna be a bumpy Year of the Rooster.

Thanong Khanthong

The Nation

REAL FORCAST OF YEAR 2005

January: I will get laid a many times this month, there will be no shortage of beer,The economy will be in a $hithole due to toxins share fling high.

February: The month of genral elections will witness a wet spot, TRT will be bummed due to this there will be loses to the lubrication industries.

March: Top personalities will die (HOMERSIMPSONS). Many emploies will get laid, The goverment will star in the robber business.

April: Stock market will crash Toxins shair price will rise. Chances for me to get laid increases.

May: June: July: August: September: The weather will remain hot

October: My birthday. and a batchlor party to attend.

November: I will get a bounus Damntime, Beer and fun, Bangkok will rock.

December: will remain manly cool with prospects of many people getting laid, late nite parties, holidays, stocks of rubber industires will rise.

Ahh Thats better

lol Did you guys notice that dick head is missing the month August.

anyway have fun yall.

His crystal ball has become the talk of the town as local people are starting to read his fortune-telling for the Year of the Rooster. Sorajja is a civil servant working for the Department of Irrigation. His astrological forecast is based on traditional Thai astrology, plus duang muang or “City Angel” based on the position of the stars on April 21, 1882, the date when Bangkok was founded by King Rama I.

Has none of the old hands here noticed that Bankgok was indeed founded by Rama I, but 100 years earlier, in 1782.........

just my 2 satang

2005 : terrorist acts

government with internal conflict of ideas

huge drought

oil price will hurt

stock investors will burn their fingers

poverty will be widespreaad

big flood in Bangkok

important figures will fall ill

bird flu comeback

Anything new, which we have not had yet? or are still having?

I stick with Gazza - let's go buy some beer, although abbas got some good points too!

• 1 month later...
Published on January 10, 2005

The following is Sorajja’s forecast for each month of 2005. (Readers are advised to exercise judgement when reading these lines, written with the hyperbole beloved of the astrological fraternity.)

January – Bangkok will suffer from a terrorist attack, creating shock and loss of life. The bird flu will come back, resulting in more damage and an epidemic, amid new diseases. The oil shortage will continue, and the economy will get into a slump.

February – The month of the general election will witness a terrorist act in the South. Several hotels will be destroyed, with a hostage crisis and assassinations. More road accidents will occur. The Bank of Thailand will undergo a reform. The tourist industry will be in bad shape.

March – Important figures in the country will die. Firms will have to lay off employees. The North will suffer from an earthquake. Theft and robbery will proliferate.

Thus far, the great sage has gotten basically nothing correct for 2005. I suppose that at some point, if a single one of his predictions even remotely appears to be fulfilled, he'll still be seen as a prognosticating genius. (I don't count observations such as "More road accidents will occur" as predictions with any substance.)

The lyrics of Frank Zappa's "Cozmik Debris" come to mind.

The mystery man came over

And he said I’m outta sight!

He said for a nominal service charge

I could reach nirvana tonight

If I was ready, willing and able

To pay him his regular fee

He would drop all the rest of

His pressing affairs and devote

His attention to me

But I said look here brother

Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?

Now who you jiving with that cosmik debris?

Look here brother, don’t waste your time on me

The mystery man got nervous

And he fidget around a bit

He reached in the pocket of his mystery robe

And he whipped out a shaving kit

Now I thought it was a razor

And a can of foaming goo

But he told me right then when the top popped open

There was nothin’ his box won’t do

With the oil of aphrodite, and the dust of the grand wazoo

He said you might not believe this, little fella

But it’ll cure your asthma too

And I said look here brother

Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?

Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway?

Look here brother, don’t waste your time on me

(don’t waste your time)

I’ve got troubles of my own, I said

And you can’t help me out

So, take your meditations and your preparations

And ram it up your snout!

But I got the crystal ball, he said

And held it to the ligh

So I snatched it, all away from him

And I showed him how to do it right

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head

So I looked like I was deep

I said some mumbo-jumbo, then

I told him he was going to sleep

I robbed his rings and pocketwatch

And everything else I found

I had that sucker hypnotized

He couldn’t even make a sound

I proceeded to tell him his future, then

As long as he was hanging around

I said the price of meat has just gone up

And your old lady has just gone down!

And I said look here brother-who you

Jiving with that cosmik debris?

Now is that a real poncho or is that a sears poncho?

Don’t you know, you could make more money as a butcher?

So, don’t waste your time on me

Don’t waste it, don’t waste your time on me

(shanti)

• 9 months later...
<deleted>!  So nothin good is to happen the entire year????  I think Mr. Calamity needs to reassess his prediction skills.  :D

I read it as the prediction for year 2005, not too many days left of the year, we are lucky, let's hope 2006 will be better. :o

Sh*t! And I thought BKK was the place going to face the floods!!! :D:D

OOOh!

But would it not be FUN if it were true??

How many $$/££ to the Baht......and that Gold your missus bought?.....we could fly in the beer.

Probably all my fault for wanting to live here...look what happened to the UK when I WAS there! Rang Old Moore to ask if it was my personal fault the place falling apart...but he was in conference with his bankers.