Place To Buy Things For A Baby In Cm?

Digitalman

There's a place behind Carfour called (I think) IS Baby shop. It's like a furniture shop with curtain etc downstairs but go up to the 1st floor and there are a few goodies.

Also we get quite a few things from Central Kad Suan Kaew which the baby/kids dept is on the 3rd floor.

Things are not cheap here though.

Congrats and good luck with the little one!

I agree.... IS Baby Shop behind Carrefour is the best in the city. They also can order a lot more things than they carry. So, if there's a particular brand of something that you want, just ask them.

Yep dido that's where we go best in chiangmai but still not huge compared to stores you will find overseas.

I know of one small one in Central Airport Plaza, but where is the best place to buy everything one might need for Thailand's soon to be newest luk krung?

Walk past that one on the corner into Robinsons on the 4th floor and they have loads of babby stuff on the left.

Have they got aircon in that place behind Carrefour yet?

What's wrong with Tesco Lotus et al for the basic stuff, and the Central Kad Suan Kaew baby department for stuff that matters? (i.e safety equipment, car seats, etc) I wasn't very impressed with the shop in the Busiiness park area behind Carrefour.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I want to thank everyone for their replies, really thanks a lot.

I found that I.S Baby Shop behind Carrefour has some higher quality selections than most other places, some of the prices for routine items were competitive but then again some were not. I was expecting the overall range of items to exceed Lotus and Carrefour by a great deal but I don't think that was the case. I will say however that the infant clothes selection was greater and more western oriented than the lotus; we loaded up on some onsies. I would go back if I was looking for a stroller or a nice crib but not for most other things.

I developed a highly technical 1-10 rating system with my wife so I can understand just how much she likes or doesn't like things (she never has an opinion about certain things) and for I.S Baby Shop behind Carrefour we give it a 7/10. Oh, and the air was working but it still was a little warm.

I did find a nice little bassinet in Carrefour but to my surprise it was the only one I saw in Chiang Mai after having visited several places.