Tot Down

The Vulcan

I'm getting dropped internet connections every 10 minutes or so, with about 5 minutes of downtime.

I'm on a 3Mbit True line in BKK. It's been shoddy for about 3-4 days now, but today's definitely the worst day so far.

Live just north of Kanchanaburi and TT@T has been very erratic this last week too.

This last couple of days especially.

At times I have seen the best ever speeds, then keep dropping connection, then can only see Thai sites, then only some sites, then connection back up, then disconnects again.........

I went into town to pay the bill today and diplomatically asked was there a problem?

The young lady replied that yes there was a problem, didn't know what it was but was sure it would be sorted out soon.

Well that's ok then.

...and who is to blame? the evil CAT!

just called my provider and was surprised the hear that confession.

I am a lucky bastard. This time I was not accused causing this issue as it is always the user who is to blame...

Yup, these are my experiences collected over 10years with Thai providers

Anyone still getting disconnects on the 10th at night? this has cost me over 20 000baht in missed work already.. if its only my area ill definately go buy a new wireless cat modem... oh wait, im trying to wire myself some $ because im out of $ but i cant stay connected long enough to do so.. goddamn TOT(and slow bank website)

This all maybe because the school holidays. Loads of kids playing games over the internet.

Been here 6 years, and this happens every year at exactly this time. Yes, the schools just let out last week, and the kids are all over the internet, mostly gaming. It brings the entire system nearly to a halt. The system is just not built to handle the overload.

good to know, how long does this evil holiday last? it's costing me 10 thousand baht every <deleted> day.

My friend in Chiang mai seems to be fine, although he is on TT&T.

I wonder how the kids are playing games if it keeps going offline every 5mins.

This all maybe because the school holidays. Loads of kids playing games over the internet.

Been here 6 years, and this happens every year at exactly this time. Yes, the schools just let out last week, and the kids are all over the internet, mostly gaming. It brings the entire system nearly to a halt. The system is just not built to handle the overload.

What time do the little B******ds go to bed? I've got work to do! :o

Off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - brief respite over the weekend and bloody down again on Monday

Internet hub of Asia - don't make me laugh

TOT = Crap

p.s. using backup Mobile Life without problems

I am with TOT on a supposedly 3mb/s contract in Chiang Mai, during the day I am lucky to get 15kb/s download speed. Tonight I am on 50kb/s. but what confused me is I tired the web test your internet connection speed and it says i am getting a download speed of 1650kb/s? what a load of crap.

I dont know how the internet connection tests do there thing but in reality its nothing like your really getting.

cam anyone suggest a good provider that has a decent consistent connection and get what you pay for?

test your internet connection speed and it says i am getting a download speed of 1650kb/s? what a load of crap.

I dont know how the internet connection tests do there thing but in reality its nothing like your really getting.

cam anyone suggest a good provider that has a decent consistent connection and get what you pay for?

1650kb/s ,,,That's your internet speed to Bangkok, all speeds quoted in Thailand are domestic speeds, as soon as you go international forget what you signed up for.

Ditto for me in Hang Dong. Connection bubble used to say 100mbps, now says 1gbps, the speed test per this forum shows 1443kbps, but I get disconnected every few minutes, actual bit rate is highly variable and effectively at a crawl... been this way for a couple of weeks. Always a little flakey, but I have to admit that most of the time it hasn't been too bad. Let's hope it gets better again...

test your internet connection speed and it says i am getting a download speed of 1650kb/s? what a load of crap.

1650kb/s ,,,That's your internet speed to Bangkok, all speeds quoted in Thailand are domestic speeds, as soon as you go international forget what you signed up for.

What time do the little B******ds go to bed? I've got work to do! :D

You will be most productive on the internet at this time of year if you do all your work between 2:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. I get up about 4 a.m., myself, in order to get critical cyber work done. :o <--- that's a yawn, not a laugh

Good luck!