Recent Dining Experiences - Reviews

cochran

Got a tip from a friend earlier about a place called Romanasia and tried it last night.

Very positive experience.

For appetizers the wife had salmon wraps with avocado and I had Mediterranean salad with bacon, croutons and Parmesan cheese. All very well presented and tasty.

For the main course the wife had pan fried snapper with a somtam-like salad (listed in the menu as Thai food) and I had Chicken Masala.

Again, nicely presented and more than edible.

The bill came to 1375 baht including an Australian red priced at 750 baht.

There are no single items on the menu priced over 195 baht, but they have a 4 course menu priced at 325 baht.

Dinner is by reservation only and they stop taking orders at 2100 hrs. The phone number is 0871358357.

They are located/hidden away on Pratumnak soi 6. Drive past the circus tents on your left and turn right into

soi 9.

Highly recommended!

the food is good there and priced right but i stopped going. when you order water it comes in a glass, they refuse to give you a bottle and its, if i remember correctly 35 or 40 baht a glass, takes to glasses to equal a bottle.

the second reason is in the 6? times i went there they were always out of something i wanted, same for my eating companions .

third reason i ordered the desert brownie with strawberries every time I went and they never had it and no explanation. there was a farang in charge and i asked him, the last time i went there, why i never could get this desert and if they didn't make it anymore to cross it off the menu. he said he would check with the chef and never came back. same for me

if you continue to go, please order the brownie each time, maybe they will get the hint and either start making it or cross it off the menu

better to go next door to the french place, au bon coin, it is terrific

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a bad, bad thing last night. I ate at McDonalds. Actually, I had takeaway from McDonalds and ate in my car. It was sooooo gooooood!!!! Okay, we all know their food is crap, but sometimes you just have a craving, right? Maybe its just me....

Anyway, last night my gf was working late, so I stopped by the florists to buy her some flowers, then went to Central and stopped at Secret Recipe and bought cheesecake for when she got home. It was super late so we only had a taste, but the cheesecake is definitely good. I would say the one at Mantra is creamier and overall better, but the one from Secret Recipe is at least on par with the one from Food Loft and probably a little better than Starbucks.

Hopefully we'll have a good meal sometime this weekend that merits a thorough review.

When you eat at restaurants so often, you're bound to find some really good ones and some...well, not so good. Last night we wound up with one of the best meals I've had in Pattaya.

A friend from work recommended Mike's Mexican Restaurant out near Jomtien, so we gave it a try last night. It was excellent.

The place is very unassuming in appearance - typical open-air establishment. But when we opened the menus for their drink selection, I was pleased to see that they had premium tequilas on offer. We each had a shot of Herradurra Anejo as a starter and enjoyed it very much. Then we had chips and salsa with a side of guacamole while our entrees were being prepared.

The guacamole is simply the best I've ever had. Period. It was not bland at all, which is my most common complaint about the stuff, and tasted very fresh (as did everything else we had here). The chips were warm and fresh. The salsa tasted like it had just been chopped and prepped as we ordered. A word of explanation here on the salsa - if you are expecting the heavy red sauce type of salsa (like in most US mexican restaurants, and most of the Pace or Ortega packaged goods in the market), this is not what they serve. It is a bowl of minced fresh ingredients, and its great. There's very little liquid or sauce in the bowl.

While we waited for the entrees (not to imply a long wait), my girlfriend indulged in a very infrequent treat and ordered a dessert. She asked them to bring it out immediately instead of at the end of the meal. It was their cinnamon fried bananas with ice cream. Another win. Warm and fresh and delicious, nothing extravagant about it, just a simple and good dessert.

Her entree was the beef chimichanga, with the spicy sauce. The sauce is not too hot, and according to a person in the restaurant (owner? manager? frequent guest?) is flavored with ancho chilies and cilantro, so nothing to be too concerned about Scoville-wise. The rice is good, but the refried beans are excellent. The beef was tender and flavorful.

Mine was the Monterey chicken fajita burrito. i'll say this is a must try if you go to Mike's. Outstanding. A lightly breaded and fried chicken breast, cut into chunks, then stuffed into a burrito with jalapenos and sauce.

The margaritas are picture-perfect.

Our only complaint was the pina colada was too sweet. Couldn't really taste the rum. But this is a very minor beef. We'll MOST definitely go back to Mike's. Strongly recommended.

Sounds good ! For the un-initiated (myself ) can you give directions ?

regards,

good for Los Angeles and great for pattaya/jomtien

thappraya road [traveling down second road towards jomtien it turns into thappraya road after the overpass. will be on the left less than a kilometer. there is a large yellow sign with a cactus on it on a pole and it is an open air restaurant. good menu

I did a bad, bad thing last night. I ate at McDonalds. Actually, I had takeaway from McDonalds and ate in my car. It was sooooo gooooood!!!! Okay, we all know their food is crap, but sometimes you just have a craving, right? Maybe its just me....

Anyway, last night my gf was working late, so I stopped by the florists to buy her some flowers, then went to Central and stopped at Secret Recipe and bought cheesecake for when she got home. It was super late so we only had a taste, but the cheesecake is definitely good. I would say the one at Mantra is creamier and overall better, but the one from Secret Recipe is at least on par with the one from Food Loft and probably a little better than Starbucks.

Hopefully we'll have a good meal sometime this weekend that merits a thorough review.

What a great topic. Cochran you must be a food critic your reviews are great. Me and me mates will be over for the first time in Pattaya in June and are sooo looking forward to it. Am taking down all this information. The only thing I would say is that we are more interested in Thai food especially seafood and reviews are lacking in this area.

Extreme to the sublime

Forgot to mention the indonesian restaraunt off Theprasit rd,very nice food and not crazy money

Name and exact location please. I have some Indonesian friends that come visit that should check it out for authenticity.

Hi mate,

From 3rd head towards Jomtien but turn left onto soi 17,and continue nearly to the end where Theprasit rd is and its on the left at the last bend.You canpark the car opposite on some waste ground,by a car wash place.Coming from Jomtien its off Thepresit rd soi 8 or 10 i think and it will be on your right,just a couple of hundred yards.Think its called Villa Bali or something similar.You can sit outside,which is quite tropical or air con inside.

What a great topic. Cochran you must be a food critic your reviews are great. Me and me mates will be over for the first time in Pattaya in June and are sooo looking forward to it. Am taking down all this information. The only thing I would say is that we are more interested in Thai food especially seafood and reviews are lacking in this area.

Dickynee - My favourite Thai seafood place would have to be Sea Zone - about 50 metres down Walking Street on your right out over the water. Been going there for 2 years on a regular basis and never had a bad meal. Some nights the service isn't perfect but really a minor problem. Finish the meal off with an Irish Coffee, perfect finish.

Haven't tried Sea Zone, but will definitely recommend Mum Aroy, any of the three locations, but preferably the Pattaya Nua branch.

You're right, we're light on Thai dinners. See earlier posts - our company canteen does Thai food only, so I have that daily for lunch. I enjoy it, but like to branch out. There is definitely great Thai food in Pattaya, and nearly every restaurant has Thai food on their menu also (Beefeaters, Mantra, etc etc all have Thai food as well as western).

Enjoy your trip, and looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Extreme to the sublime

Forgot to mention the indonesian restaraunt off Theprasit rd,very nice food and not crazy money

Name and exact location please. I have some Indonesian friends that come visit that should check it out for authenticity.

Hi mate,

From 3rd head towards Jomtien but turn left onto soi 17,and continue nearly to the end where Theprasit rd is and its on the left at the last bend.You canpark the car opposite on some waste ground,by a car wash place.Coming from Jomtien its off Thepresit rd soi 8 or 10 i think and it will be on your right,just a couple of hundred yards.Think its called Villa Bali or something similar.You can sit outside,which is quite tropical or air con inside.

Thanks, will check it out soon.

ate at the ritz last night after all the recommendations. food was good, owner was funny, place was full, place was clean, prices were good but:

we tried to full course menu. after studying the menu for 10 minutes and getting to pick appetizers from about 8 choices the waiter came over. we each picked an appetizer and the waiter says no have. ok, then what do you have? turns out only two of the eight. would be nice to have told us that up front. we get our appetizers and entrees, good, not great but good. the vegetable bowl that comes with it was outstanding. we finish and order the desert that comes with it, about 8 choices and 3 i would like. my girlfriend orders ice cream and i order apple pie with blackberries. hers comes and about 10 minutes later the waiter comes and said no have. great, why you no tell me before? very busy now, gives me the menu and i pick another of the 3 i would prefer. no have....... ok what do you have? ice cream and apple pie. i shined on the already paid for desert, after all, if i am going to get the calories i want to get what i want and not settle for. if they would have told me ahead of time i would not have gotten the set menu but the entree only. By the way, before ordering the meal i asked if they had that particular desert since TIT, they went in the kitchen and checked and said yes.

just more story, your experience may be different

For Italian my personal favourite is Max on Soi Post Office - you can't miss it with the massive sign outside. It's owned by 2 Italian guys and they import a lot of their products from Italy. The meal always comes with a complimentary bruschetta as an appetizer and a nice basket of mixed breads - usually bread sticks, pizza bread and farmhouse bread (only once it was disappointingly limited). There's also a free salad bar, albeit quite limited. The pasta is home made and both the lasagne and seafood spaghetti are excellent. The risotto is also extremely good but be prepared for a 20 minute wait, as should be the case with any freshly prepared risotto. I can't comment on any of the entrees as I always have pasta when I go there. Friends have had pizzas and they look very good too but we all know how very, very subjective everyone's tase in pizza is (if you're unsure just do a search on "Pizza" on this forum). Also worthy of a mention is their special minestrone soup - can't recall the name of it but it's the one that is kinda creamy/beige colour in the menu (the menu has pics of all the dishes) - superb. Pricewise you're looking at around 180-250 for pasta or pizza, which I think is extremely reasonable given all the freebies they offer. Sorry, I'm not a dessert eater so can't comment on their quality.

For bagels, I reckon that Au Bon Pain is about as good as it gets in Pattaya. I've yet to find better.

I agree totally about Mike's Mexican, and also about his Monterrey Chicken Fajitas. Excellent - well worth a try.

It's good to hear that they've dropped the prices at Luxor. A couple of years ago I used to go there a lot but then IMHO he started taking the p*ss with his pricing. I shall give the place a try again now that he's seen the light.

Thanks for some of the other suggestions - I've learned a lot from this thread.

the ritz

... is pretty much a set menu place in my experience. Read the BOARD in front of the restaurant. In general, that is what they have. That is probably the reason they can offer very decent food at the price they do. Sorry we didn't warn you about that before, but I find your review absurd. It would be like going to a cafeteria and complaining that they wouldn't do table service.

Au Bon Coin used to be my favorite higher end place but I haven't been since they moved to the hill. I assume its still good, same owner as far as I've heard. Again, it is good relative to the price, it isn't massively expensive. I liked the gazpacho and the lamb stew.

For Italian my personal favourite is Max on Soi Post Office

I will definitely try that place! I pretty much assume restaurants so close to the bar areas are not very good, but there exceptions and I hope Max is one of them.

Edited by Jingthing

Ate dinner last night at ' Wi's ' restaurant for the first time, wow, what a terrific little restaurant that is.

The food is just great, the service spot on and the prices are incredibly low for the quality on offer, and it is very high quality.

I would recommend ' Wi's ' restaurant to anyone.

Wi's is on Pattaya 3 road, opposite exzyte club, in the building where the original Cherry's was before Cherry's moved to larger premises, try it and see what you think.

My favourite Pattaya restaurant is Wii's on Third Road almost opposite Xyte Disco. It was the original Cherry, which is now located about 100 meters further up the road. Wii's offers a la carte and set menu dining. The food is very high quality cooked perfectly. The cost is reasonable; the set meal (5 or more courses) is 590 B (or is it 490?) which includes a glass of decent South African wine or a bottle of beer.

I shall be dining there this evening with friends.

I was there last night Vickers,

I had the set meal that included a LARGE glass of white wine, fantastic value, unbelievable in fact, if I had gone to an expensive restaurant and was produced with a bill at least doubling what I paid at ' Wi's ' I would still have been happy !

Superb quality and the service is excellent, how they produce such quality for the price I have no idea, but they do it.

Cochran, try Wi's, it's even better than Cherry's and Cherry's is very good .

Edited by Maigo6

the ritz

... is pretty much a set menu place in my experience. Read the BOARD in front of the restaurant. In general, that is what they have. That is probably the reason they can offer very decent food at the price they do. Sorry we didn't warn you about that before, but I find your review absurd. It would be like going to a cafeteria and complaining that they wouldn't do table service.

Au Bon Coin used to be my favorite higher end place but I haven't been since they moved to the hill. I assume its still good, same owner as far as I've heard. Again, it is good relative to the price, it isn't massively expensive. I liked the gazpacho and the lamb stew.

For Italian my personal favourite is Max on Soi Post Office

I will definitely try that place! I pretty much assume restaurants so close to the bar areas are not very good, but there exceptions and I hope Max is one of them.

my review was exactly as it happened. if the waiter would point out a board then i would have read it. we walked in, sat at the only open table in the rear and were handed menus. If you have other issues fine but this is what happened. is this a cafeteria? are you from another planet jingthing? this was an unbiased report unlike your reply

my review was exactly as it happened. if the waiter would point out a board then i would have read it. we walked in, sat at the only open table in the rear and were handed menus. If you have other issues fine but this is what happened. is this a cafeteria? are you from another planet jingthing? this was an unbiased report unlike your reply

You just didn't understand the nature of this restaurant before your visit. Do you have eyes? Did you not SEE the board at the front of the place? This is a LOW COST restaurant, I would not expect world class English fluent waiters there. I believe you judge places for what they are and this is for the most part a SET MENU place, it is your problem that you didn't figure it out and harshly judge them on a category they don't fit into.

Whoa, Lost in Los and jingthing - simmer down! We're all friends here, right?

Maigo6, I'll have to move Wi's up on the list, then. I was already planning to visit there in time, but if they're better than Cherry's I should get a move on. Our dinner at Cherry's was a high point, and you're dead-on regarding quality vs. cost at Cherry's. I'd like to know how they do it, but don't want to ask. It would be like having Copperfield explain how he disappeared the Statue of Liberty. I'll just enjoy the mystery.

Last night, as predicted, work ran late, and so we missed the "TV Friday Night Out" gathering at Tropical Bert's. Since we're into a new month, its open season on the Burger Hunt of 2009. As mentioned before, I'd been told by a colleague that Henry J. Bean's puts out a really good burger, so off we went.

After a really frustrating week at work, I was in the mood for a few drinks, and so started with a margarita for me and a Henry Wallbanger (yes, Henry and not Harvey, because of the name of the restaurant - branding strikes again!) for her. These were not good cocktails. Hers did not taste like it had any alcohol in it at all, and the mix for the margarita was not good. It wasn't too sweet or too sour, just didn't hit the tastebuds right. We all know that for the best margaritas, you head for Mike's Mexican or Tequila Reef.

Anyway, on with the show....we ordered wings with Jack Daniel's sauce for an appetizer. This is served, of course, with celery, carrot sticks, and blue cheese dressing. The dressing was not bad, and the sauce on the wings was okay. Should have gone with the Voodoo sauce, but the server said it was quite spicy, so we skipped that. The wings themselves were not so good. The presentation was different for a restaurant of this style, serving a cut-down wing section (bare bone on one end, trimmed before cooking), and the wings were a little too chewy. I had two pieces and gave these up as a lost cause. Not a win on the drinks or appetizers.

Main courses, however, were a different story. While I enjoyed my second drink (bourbon and coke), I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and my girl had a chili dog with fries. Hers first: this is a huge hot dog! I don't think it fits the 'foot-long' category that we have in the states, but this was about the diameter of a decent bratwurst, and had to be twice the length of a normal frankfurter. The chili had a good, smoky flavor and the meat in it was of good flavor and texture. There was a good dose of chili powder in it, which is always a plus when it comes to chili (you know what I mean - sometimes you can't taste the chili in the chili). One odd note was that there were beans in the chili, which is normal when its in a bowl, but not so much when on a hot dog or a burger, but this wasn't a failure - still quite good. The dish also had cheese on top. Far too large to finish, but very tasty in a "what-the-hel_l-its-only-once-a-month-and-I-have-to-die-of-something-eventually" kind of way.

The main event - this month's burger. The menu said this was a 180-gr burger if memory serves, and seems about right. This is a decent sized sandwich for sure. The cheese seemed to be Monterey Jack, and while I'm normally a Cheddar man on burgers, it was a good change. The burger is served on a soft, fresh bun, with mayo, lettuce, tomato, a generous slice of onion (thank you!), and a couple strips of streaky bacon, with a small sliced pickle on the side. I'm cautious with ground meats and poultry, so ordered the burger well-done. It was cooked exactly right - done, but not crispy or burned or harmed in any way. Nice and tender, good texture, held together well. The toppings were fresh and crisp and just right. Of course there was the obligatory ketchup/mustard/grease dripping off my hand by the time I was done, but isn't this one of the hallmarks of enjoying a good burger? The fries on both dishes were fine, not overcooked or undercooked. Neither of us were able to finish, but this was just an appetite issue and not a food quality problem. One complaint here, albeit minor - the bacon was quite fatty and I had to remove a good portion of it from the burger. Otherwise, win!

No dessert, of course. The total tariff came to about 1400 baht, so not outrageous. We enjoyed the meal here and will probably return for a burger sometime in the future...after we review more places. For next month's burger hunt, I'm thinking either Rung's or Cafe Uno, as both have been recommended.

Edited by cochran

You just didn't understand the nature of this restaurant before your visit. Do you have eyes? Did you not SEE the board at the front of the place? This is a LOW COST restaurant, I would not expect world class English fluent waiters there. I believe you judge places for what they are and this is for the most part a SET MENU place, it is your problem that you didn't figure it out and harshly judge them on a category they don't fit into.

Sorry Jingthing, you must be right. I went into a restaurant totally unprepared. I didn't realize from the reviews that it was a low cost, cafeteria style restaurant. I should have read between the lines, my bad. I stupidly assumed, walking into a nice looking, farang oriented restaurant and being handed a menu by an English speaking Thai waiter, him waiting for my order while I am reading the menu, that i could just order from it. From now on I will take your advice when visiting a new restaurant and refuse the menu and ask what they have to eat. How about this " Hello, I have never been here, thank you for the menu but, are there any signs I need to read, or an instructions I need to have before ordering from this menu" That being said, I will go back, as i said, food good, price right, and now i know to refuse the menu and look for signs I am sure all will be ok. Have a nice day Jingthing.

For everybody "else". when I review a restaurant, please note, you can order from the menu.

I didn't realize from the reviews that it was a low cost, cafeteria style restaurant

Back off cowboy! I NEVER said Ritz was a cafeteria. I said it was for the most part a SET MENU restaurant, that you SHOULD READ THE BOARD for what they have that night. Yes, that is not a full service restaurant. It is limited. So what? Take it or leave it but don't judge it on a standard it does not pretend to be.

Here is what I DID say. It is called an analogy. Now you know what an analogy is and also how a SET MENU restaurant operates. Got it now, dude?

It would be like going to a cafeteria and complaining that they wouldn't do table service.
Edited by Jingthing

Oh dear, one of the better threads we have had in a long time descends into the usual mudslinging fest.

For what it's worth I did think you were a bit harsh Jingthing, and to call Lost in LOS's review absurd purely because he had never been to this joint before and didn't know the score was a little OTT, however you try and justify it.

How about we all try to get along and enjoy this thread. I have been here over 3 years and rarely eat out other than at Thai restaurants as I have been disappointed too many times, so have little to contribute, but I am certainly picking up a few ideas of where to try (and to avoid). Keep up the great work Cochran, really enjoy reading your reviews, and anyone else with anything positive to contribute.

Before you say it I am not a wanna be mod, just trying to keep a great thread on the rails.

Fine, just do not GROSSLY MISREPRESENT what I have said, and everything will be hunky-dory, OK? Its not fair to me and more importantly it is really not fair to The Ritz which offers one of the best values for money for western food in the entire country. What they do NOT offer is a great amount of CHOICE. I for one applaud and admire LIMITED MENU eateries. Places with ten mile menus and ten nationalities on offer are usually trouble, lots on it is usually no good.

Edited by Jingthing

Alright folks, lets get this train back on the tracks.

Last night we went to Wi's for dinner. This restaurant is located just a short hop away from Cherry's, which was previously reviewed here as a solid win. I understand that Wi's is in the former location of Cherry's, and the similarities don't stop there. This place is cut from the same bolt of cloth as Cherry's - great food at great prices.

As usual in this area, the place is physically unassuming. Its a quite small restaurant, so its understandable that Cherry's relocated. However, the place was clean, had decent piped in music, cloth napkins and tablecloths, and a professional staff. Decent environment all told.

It was not busy when we got there, just after 9 pm. There was one table occupied inside. We were the only people on the inside.

We started off with a margarita each, and this was not a good choice. Again, for good margaritas, Mike's or Tequila Reef. I keep trying to find more, but so far these are the standards.

Like Cherry's, Wi's has a small salad bar. Its smaller at Wi's, but similar to Cherry's in terms of quality. However, Cherry's has a great balsamic dressing that wasn't on offer at Wi's. Both have the really good potato salad with bacon. Entrees were red snapper with steamed veg and french fries for her, and beef stroganoff with egg dumplings for me.

Her dinner was nicely done. The portion of fish was small but sufficient, and cooked correctly - moist and meaty. Good flavors. The french fries were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, and are the heavy "steak fry" type. A boat of melted butter was served on the side.

My stroganoff was problematic. Don't get me wrong - the sauce was quite flavorful, with tender vegetables, and the beef in it was almost fork-tender and cooked medium to medium well. The egg dumplings, which I thought would be egg noodles, were more like a very heavy spaetzle instead. The issue here is one I've mentioned before. What I think of when you say "stroganoff", and what I keep getting when I order stroganoff are two very different things. I'll say that the offering at Wi's was MUCH better in taste than what I got at the Green Bottle, but still looking for the American-traditional version. If you like the red-sauce stroganoff, this one was very good. There's an almost barbecue flavor to the sauce here. Portion size is more than enough for the average appetite.

We didn't finish our entrees as we just weren't too awfully hungry, but the quality was great. We ordered the crepes suzette with an Italian coffee for me and a grand marnier for her, as the description of the dish in the menu was one we couldn't pass up - crepes in orange sauce with grand marnier. This is served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sliced almonds. The ice cream was nothing special, but the crepes and the sauce were great. We left most of it on the dish, but only because we just wanted a taste. The quality of the crepes and sauce were great.

Total bill was about 1400 baht, which I consider a quite good value. From an overall judgement point of view, I'd say that Cherry's has an edge on flavor and value here, but this is based on one visit to each place. I'd recommend Wi's, except for the margaritas, as a great place to have dinner. The menu is quite varied and offers something for everyone. We did not order a bottle of wine here, but they have both Penfold's and HobNob on offer. Give it a try!

Fine, just do not GROSSLY MISREPRESENT what I have said, and everything will be hunky-dory, OK? Its not fair to me and more importantly it is really not fair to The Ritz which offers one of the best values for money for western food in the entire country. What they do NOT offer is a great amount of CHOICE. I for one applaud and admire LIMITED MENU eateries. Places with ten mile menus and ten nationalities on offer are usually trouble, lots on it is usually no good.

jingthing please don't have a heart attack, I am very sorry for giving an honest review [not a bad one by the way] and will be careful what I say in front of you from now on :o

for everyone else there is a great restaurant at the slow end of walking street. La Note it is up there with matahari in quality, great french food, entree - appetizer - bottled water about 650 baht. If you put it next door to matahari i would go to matahari, which I would give a 10, but it is really good food, atmosphere, decoration and service and my only complaint would be on the warm side, the ac would be nice a notch cooler. lots of appetizers, entrees and deserts, all great and all available without looking around for signs. I give it a 9

Edited by Lost in LOS

Sorry for noob question, but is the "slow end" the beach road intersection, or the far end (I guess near Jomtien)? Also, how do you get there? Park @ Jomtien beach and walk back, or...? Sounds like a good place, Lost in LOS.

Sorry for noob question, but is the "slow end" the beach road intersection, or the far end (I guess near Jomtien)? Also, how do you get there? Park @ Jomtien beach and walk back, or...? Sounds like a good place, Lost in LOS.

i have been there a few times, the food and service is excellent

its a very civilised haven on walking street

many of the foreign go go bar owners eat there

its about 2/3rds of the way down walking street on the right hand side

you could do the walk all the way down walking street or park by bali high peer, close to that.

my favorite meal there

tomatoes with pesto and goat cheese appetizer - good size

pork Mignon with Dijon mustard sauce I have a good appetite and its a large portion

if having desert i recommend the pastry puffs with ice cream and choclate sauce. superb and large

that with water, is 850 baht approximately

I have brought many of my tourist friends and everyone has raved about it

I didn't realize from the reviews that it was a low cost, cafeteria style restaurant

Back off cowboy! I NEVER said Ritz was a cafeteria. I said it was for the most part a SET MENU restaurant, that you SHOULD READ THE BOARD for what they have that night. Yes, that is not a full service restaurant. It is limited. So what? Take it or leave it but don't judge it on a standard it does not pretend to be.

Here is what I DID say. It is called an analogy. Now you know what an analogy is and also how a SET MENU restaurant operates. Got it now, dude?

It would be like going to a cafeteria and complaining that they wouldn't do table service.

Hey jingie, using capitals on the internet is considered yelling/ screaming, its quite impolite. Please just try to accept people can have a different view then yours, your aint that perfect yourself judging your sudden outbursts of total rage.

Jingting on Pattaya klang just 250 meters down the road from Tops there are about 10 nice Thai eateries, reasonable good food etc.. Cheap so you won't feel the recession that much. I often eat there when I am in Pattaya, but its Thai style, so prepare your belly first.

<snip>

MBL

Edited by soundman

I use CAPS for EMPHASIS. It is my posting STYLE. <snip>

I know Pattaya Klang well, I eat Thai food quite often. What place are you talking about exactly? That food court complex on the left when walking towards Suk on the north side of Klang? I have had some OK meals there, sure.

Edited by soundman