Memory Module Faulty - Lifetime Warranty

photojourn

Most of the postings I read about Thai companies tend to be about poor standards of service so I'm posting this to counter the impression that nothing runs as it should and customer service is an unheard of phrase here in the LOS.

Last week a memory module I had purchased in 2007 went tits-up in my Powerbook. I emailed eMartBuy in the US where I had purchased it from and received a gruff email stating that replacement would take between one and two months plus the time for shipping to and from the USA. I was also asked to send $5.00 for shipping or RMA processing or whatever.

The memory module has a lifetime warranty so I emailed Kingmax, the manufacturers of the memory in Taiwan and received a response on the next working day. Kingmax had already contacted its Thailand distributor, D Logis & Service Co., Ltd who are based at Bangna, but also have the Dcom service centre on the 5th floor at Panthip Plazza.

I emailed Dcom and received a reply back in less than and hour with instructions on where to take the module for repair/change-over, along with a map on how to find the Bangna office and instructions for the service staff wherever I choose to go in Thai explainign the situation. Absolutely brilliant!

Unfortunately they don't have that module in stock at the moment but they will arrange with Kingmax for a replacement unit which should take about 14 days - much better than the two to three months sending back to the US would have taken.

If this is the way Kingmax ordinarily treat their customers and the way that Dcom ordinarily support the products they sell there isn't any room to complain about either and both are well worth considering for future purchases.

JLF :o

eMartBuy has a horrible rating (4.76 out of 10) and poor reviews at resellerratings.com.

While checking the site won't help the OP this time, it might save someone from making a bad purchase decision in the future from eMartBuy or other online stores with less than stellar customer satisfaction ratings.

Edited by Rice_King

eMartBuy has a horrible rating (4.76 out of 10) and poor reviews at resellerratings.com.

While checking the site won't help the OP this time, it might save someone from making a bad purchase decision in the future from eMartBuy or other online stores with less than stellar customer satisfaction ratings.

I agree. At the time of purchase (2007) they had a good rating but while I was trying to locate them this time I saw that they now had a less than brilliant rating. They also seem to have changed their trading entity a bit too, though the parent remains the same.

Just reminded me to go and put my comments on there as well.

If anyone is looking for dcom's Panthip service centre it's on the fifth floor same as IT City. Instead of entering IT City turn left and enter the old part of the building and follow the external row of offices. Very efficient service, counter staff with good English language skills, and a promise I'll be notified when the replacement becomes available - about two weeks.

Have to give this company a big thumbs up for customer service in this instance.