Any Vegetarian Groups In Chiang Mai?

carlosacao

Hi, just wondering if there is any vegetarian groups, associations, etc in Chiang Mai? or gatherings or meetings of vegetarian people and those interested in that subject or often related subjects such as holistic health, nutrition, etc?

Thanks.

Hi adjan jb. Is that the one that is a Wat too? The one that had some involvement with the PAD so closed up for a while?

Is so, I did go along once, and although inexpensive food, i didnt feel it was particularly a society. More a place for Jay food at low prices. If there is actually something more to it, then i missed it totally! Would be great to find out more info, if there is more to it than i thought.

-------

Thanks carlosacao, interested in this topic too. :o

Hi adjan jb. Is that the one that is a Wat too? The one that had some involvement with the PAD so closed up for a while?

Is so, I did go along once, and although inexpensive food, i didnt feel it was particularly a society. More a place for Jay food at low prices. If there is actually something more to it, then i missed it totally! Would be great to find out more info, if there is more to it than i thought.

-------

Hi eek,

I don't remember about the wat. I just remember that it was vely vely cheap (10 bahts a dish???? coupons??). As I went there a long time ago, I don't know anything about a possible involvement with the PAD.

Someone has just started a thread about the Vegetarian Society of Chiang Mai. See here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vegatarian-S...Op-t248619.html

You can call me jb (I wish I could change my nick without losing the status. Not that it matters much but I wouldn't like people to think that I'm a virgin)

Edited by adjan jb

Hi Jb & Eek,

This is the info that I picked up from Google, since this is also in Mahidol Rd, is this the place that JB mentioned?

Chiang Mai Vegetarian Society 42 Mahidol Road , Muang

Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200 phone: +66 53 27 1262

By the way, by a group, etc, I meant more than just a place to go to eat, but also some social activities as basic as they might be, but still better than nothing and in my experience, people that like these subjects usually have plenty to share with others. Maybe some of us should consider to start something? :o

-------

Thanks carlosacao, interested in this topic too. :o

Hi Eek, That's some hot insider info that you got there; so....it's a wat, but also involved with the PAD, interesting :D

Hah, well, i may have messed up (didnt you know i have scrabbled eggs for brains?). It may be connected to a Wat, but im not sure. Or, ran by monks in some way. I have a vague recollection of reading that the head monk had closed up the society in order to do something in Bangkok with the PAD. Maybe someone can clarify??! :o

The one time that i went to visit, I had hopes that it was indeed some kind of society, but really all I could see what that it served inexpensive food. Actually, I had forgotten all about it as it was over a year ago I went. Im really not sure how it functions as a society...?

Great link jb, tnx. It does just seem to confirm that its all about the food though, rather than an active society. Its definitely the place I am thinking of.

carlosacao, if you decide to try it out, dont forget you need to wash up your dishes afterwards (everyone cleans up after themselves there). Washing up area is to the side. Just follow the others. :o

Great link jb, tnx. It does just seem to confirm that its all about the food though, rather than an active society. Its definitely the place I am thinking of.

carlosacao, if you decide to try it out, dont forget you need to wash up your dishes afterwards (everyone cleans up after themselves there). Washing up area is to the side. Just follow the others. :o

Hi Eek, Ohh I can see now why it's so cheap, mai pen rai, mai me panha, I'll queue up, I'll even do your dishes, how about that? nice guy huh :D ? Oh my, I think all that carrot juice got to my veins, can't think straight :D