Photo Challenge #2

Kan Win

Hi All,

We seem to have a tie, between VillageFarang and LordSux.

Both winners have their wish.

Since we have two winner and one month is really too long and boring for a 'Challenge', why not break this up into 2 Challenge threads for say 15 days each and then Songkran/Easter (April 2009) will be upon us, and then both winners get their chance to the next and next "Challenge thread" Thai Food and Dogs. Looks very fair to me.

So the "Thai Food Challenge" which is our second one starts from 10th March until 25th March 2009, Thai Time.

All "Entrée" must be your own blah..blah.. rules are "Pinned" so please take a look at them Here

Good luck to one and all. Lets show them what we can do with this most delicious topic :o

Have fun :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

P.S. The next topic will be "Dogs" in 16 days time and after that Songkran/Easter (April 2009) :D

I am not trying to bug you all, but we only have 2 days to go so please post your 'Thai Food' photos.

So far we have 4 photographers in the pot an earlier entry is included btw :D 2 with buggys, one going bananas and one with a couple of pawns playing chess wanting to be make a King. :o

Yours truly,

Edited by Kan Win

#1 Blood cockles, pshopped to be partly black and white.

#2 Pla wong, circular fish, fried in oil it makes a tasty snack like crisps.

#3 Khao Soi, the pride of northern Thailand with the necessary condiments.

Can't remember the technicalities behind the photos since I stumbled across this thread.

post-24806-1237882449_thumb.jpg

post-24806-1237882504_thumb.jpg

post-24806-1237882532_thumb.jpg

#1 Blood cockles, pshopped to be partly black and white.

#2 Pla wong, circular fish, fried in oil it makes a tasty snack like crisps.

#3 Khao Soi, the pride of northern Thailand with the necessary condiments.

Can't remember the technicalities behind the photos since I stumbled across this thread.

So far I think I like the #2 Pla Wong shot best. The modern trend is toward this kind of narrow focus and limited depth of field. If you grayed out the upper portion of the shot to eliminate the table's edge you would have a very nice shot.

A million housewives every day

Pick up a pack of these and say Mama Meanz its Mine :o

(Mama 57 Varieties) coming to you with our very own twin pack versions :D

post-3770-1237896244_thumb.jpg

post-3770-1237896222_thumb.jpg

Yours truly,

P.S. One day left folks so hurry up with those photos of yours. :D

3079307335_b9a6cbf7da.jpg

A tasty Khao soy shop in Fang is a muslim one.... so only chicken and beef flavours..

Khao soy is a popular Chiangmai dish.... egg noodle (the yellow ones...flat or round) curry soup made with coconut milk ...and a side dish of lime, onion and pickled cabbage...goes nicely with a glass of ice-coffee..

A popular joke amongst Thai men used to be that to have properly be able to say that one has visited Chiangmai, one has to have done three things.... eaten Khao soy; visited the Mountain top temple of Doi Sutep which overlooks the city; and have visited Kampaeng din

This was an old brothel area, close to what is now the night bazzar. Kampaeng din meaning earthen wall, which refers to the remnants of the ancient walled city, and beside the wall were many rude dwellings. (sic)