Bank/currency Exchange In Airport?

Is there a bank/currency exchange in Suvarnabhumi airport?

Im not sure whether I should bring all GBP into Thailand then get it exchanged at the airport, or if I should bring say £100 in THB just to be on the safe side to tide me over until I find a bank to exchange the rest.

Suggestions appreciated.

Is there a bank/currency exchange in Suvarnabhumi airport?

Im not sure whether I should bring all GBP into Thailand then get it exchanged at the airport, or if I should bring say £100 in THB just to be on the safe side to tide me over until I find a bank to exchange the rest.

Suggestions appreciated.

Bring GBP cash, forget changing any in rip-off Britain.

There are loads of Siam Commercial Bank & TMB Exchanges at the airport when you land.

There is an exchange BEFORE you go through immigration and several AFTER immigration and customs. Take your pick. They all give the same rate.

TIP: I always exchange my GBP before immigration, because then I don't have to keep my eyes on my stacks of luggage and hand luggage valuables if changing after immigration, baggage pick-up and customs.

There is always an exchange open before immigration for tourist who need to change money for visa on arrivals etc.

Does anyone know if the rate at the airport exchange counters is always slightly worse than the same bank in say downtown Bangkok? (Ignoring normal fluctuations)

Someone mentioned that on Thaivisa. Last couple trips I casually checked and it seemed to be the case.

Does anyone know if the rate at the airport exchange counters is always slightly worse than the same bank in say downtown Bangkok? (Ignoring normal fluctuations)

Someone mentioned that on Thaivisa. Last couple trips I casually checked and it seemed to be the case.

Same reason as the higher price for a cup of coffee compared with downtown - higher rental charge.

Edited by trogers

I exchange my money at a travel agency on Soi7/1 Sukhumvit a bit better than the banks and they are licensed.

I didn't know that there are licensed money changers in Thailand besides commercial banks. Are you sure?

I exchange my money at a travel agency on Soi7/1 Sukhumvit a bit better than the banks and they are licensed.

I didn't know that there are licensed money changers in Thailand besides commercial banks. Are you sure?

I've used these guys before. Only the Ratchadamri branch has the good rates on the website. The current rate for GBP is 50.20 buy and 51.20 sell. USD 100 is 36.07 buy and 36.20 sell.

Super Rich

http://www.superrich1965.com/Eng/location.aspx