Best Steak House In Bangkok

ChiefBEM

One of my favorite restaurants for steak is the Fireplace Grill, now in the Holiday Inn. It has always been a staple though the hotel changes names. But hey, what do I know? I'm a Thai.

Edited by yingcp69

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite restaurants for steak is the Fireplace Grill, now in the Holiday Inn. It has always been a staple though the hotel changes names. But hey, what do I know? I'm a Thai.

You've got tastebuds, don't you? :o

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, if your looking for a pub atmosphere then try the londoner on Sukhumvit Soi 33, they brew their own beer and have a range of quality australian steaks including a huge t-bone.

If your looking for a more upmarket atmostphere try New York Steakhouse at JW Marriot on Sukhumvit road, right next to ploenchit center.

Tony Roma's do good steaks and ribs and they have a restaurant on Sukhumvit road and in the new part of the emporium food court.

The other place I would recommend is Outback Steakhouse in Discovery shopping center at Pathumwan. Its diagonally across from MBK and directly across from siam square.

If you want good beef done in the japanese style.. try chokchai steakhouse in siam square.

Hope this helps..

I think you mean Kobe (Kobi?) as there is no Chokchai in Siam and they are not known for Japanese style

Yes, your right. I mixed them up. Kobe. To be honest I've only been there twice, but it was good quality and it was cooked teppanyaki style. Havn't been to New York steakhouse since december so I can't comment on if the quality has changed. It was still good in december though.

Visited New York Steakhouse last week and found it to be fantastic. The rumours are true, the old restaurant manager left at the end of last year (november I believe), this was what the new manager told me anyway. The food was top quality and with the marriott gold card it was reasonably priced. Quality all the way... :o

• 2 years later...

hi where do you reckon are the best steak restaurants in bangkok.......ive been to a few disappointing places...thai chefs dont understand the difference between well done ,medium and rare....i always stress very very well done and some times it comes out to me red .....i really hate when this happens and ruins the mood for the evening then some times i order steak with chips and out comes the steak with 5 or 6 chips ,kinnaew lol ........any way would be great to hear from ye experienced guys ...thanks :o

hi where do you reckon are the best steak restaurants in bangkok.......ive been to a few disappointing places...thai chefs dont understand the difference between well done ,medium and rare....i always stress very very well done and some times it comes out to me red .....i really hate when this happens and ruins the mood for the evening then some times i order steak with chips and out comes the steak with 5 or 6 chips ,kinnaew lol ........any way would be great to hear from ye experienced guys ...thanks :o

Although I have not been there, I am wondering how people like the Chokchai Steak House?

Although I have not been there, I am wondering how people like the Chokchai Steak House?

Absolutely hideous.

Prime

Madison

New York Steakhouse

RR&B

(Google is your friend)

Since the OP likes his steak "very very well done" I rather think a Chokechai steak will taste the same as one from Madison.

Patrick

Absolutely hideous.

Prime

Madison

New York Steakhouse

RR&B

(Google is your friend)

Since the OP likes his steak "very very well done" I rather think a Chokechai steak will taste the same as one from Madison.

Patrick

agreed, no sense going to the very good steak places looking for shoe leather on a plate. :o

Sheraton Grande Buffet Orchid Cafe has an excellent guest chef from US this week only. Best steak I have had in a long time NY Strip, Sirloiin, Tenderloin cooked as you like by the man himself - as good as NY Steakhouse if not better and all for 1250 baht a head. Try his Mini Hamburgers and Tenderloin Chilli and alaskan crab cakes while your there simply delicious.

Patrick

I don't agree. If, by "very, very well done" he means one and a half minutes each side instead of 45 seconds.

I normally have the opposite problem of the OP. When I order a steak, I order rare, and in Thailand it usually comes out well done.

are you serious .i dont like steak well done but in thailand thats what i have to say to get anything thats half edible , i like medium to well done but i think in thailand this would be 30 seconds on the pan and served out to you .there is a place near jomtien in pattaya manhattan staekhouse that serve perfectly but very expensive....i was in a place in siam paragon forget the name but good too..i was staying in the alexander a few weeks ago and a few meters down from it there was a huge sign european steak house , you want to see the crap steak i got ..un eadible ..it was nearly raw ,,and i stressed to them very very well done and this is what i got ....when i complained after all i got was sorry ....i said well done is not fffnnnn pink.........

You could try the "Le Bouchet restaurant " Patpong 2, nice French restaurant in a different part of town. :o

BT :D

If the steaks there are anything like the steaks you get in the average bistro in France you might as well eat your shoes. French food may deservedly be known as one of the world's finest cuisines but steak is certainly not one of their strong points.

If you are from Texas and accustomed to eating US beef, you're going to be appalled at all of the placed suggested above (none of which serve US beef).

All of them except Neils serve Thai beef because it is cheap, but it is also absolutely awful: stringy, tough, and flavorless. Neils serves deep frozen Australian beef which has been frozen way, way too long. It's not much better. The only beef in Thailand that is even vaguely like what you are used to is the Argentinian beef served by the New York Steak House at the Marriott, and their prices are absolutely stunning. Real New York prices. Good luck.

I agree. In my opinion Neil's Tavern have the best steaks around. They only use meat imported from US and Australia.

Edited by Hawkup2000

Try the Check Inn. On Sukhumvit between soi 3 and 5 across from the Landmark. I have never had a bad steak steak there. They have been there forever. They pour good falang style drinks also. The band has been there as long as I can remember. I have been going there for twenty years or so.

I still go there about every one ot two months. Not hugely expensive.

Actually the Sheraton Grande has the best membership offer. (Not the general sheraton card) but the specific hotel card.

2 free nights on signup

Numerous vouchers for Free afternoon tea, free wine etc.

Reward points program.

But what makes it a bit special over the rest is 30% discount on food - which is great but also 30% on ALL alcohol including wines etc. Nowhere else offers that amount of discount on alcohol.

Fogo Vivo (Brazilian Churasscaria Style Restaurant)

Levels G & B, President Tower Arcade, 973 Ploenchit Rd, Bangkok 10330

Tel: 0-2656-0384 Reservations: Recommended

If you never had Brazilian Churasscaria, you must try. Basically its grilled meat, sliced and de-skewered at your table, arrives throughout the meal and allows diners to nibble or devour as much as they like. Passadors (meat waiters) come to your table with knives and a skewer, on which are speared various kinds of meat, be it beef, pork, filet mignon, lamb, chicken, duck, ham (and pineapple), sausage, fish, or any other sort of local cut of meat. Tender choice cuts of beef, pork, lamb and chicken exude a deliciously earthy, smokey taste, especially the delectable beef. Sausage fans will be pleased by some very good links. Salad and appetiser buffets add to this avalanche of food, and balance things nicely. The salad section is fairly standard and includes all the favourite dressings. The appetiser buffet is very generous and displays some pleasing combinations built with cheese, vegetables and other ingredients. This restaurant is best for hungry people who want a wonderful, huge meal with elaborate and clever flourishes, including seafood side dishes.

Edited by Aswin

If you never had Brazilian Churasscaria, you must try. Basically its grilled meat, sliced and de-skewered at your table, arrives throughout the meal and allows diners to nibble or devour as much as they like. Passadors (meat waiters) come to your table with knives and a skewer, on which are speared various kinds of meat, be it beef, pork, filet mignon, lamb, chicken, duck, ham (and pineapple), sausage, fish, or any other sort of local cut of meat. Tender choice cuts of beef, pork, lamb and chicken exude a deliciously earthy, smokey taste, especially the delectable beef. Sausage fans will be pleased by some very good links. Salad and appetiser buffets add to this avalanche of food, and balance things nicely. The salad section is fairly standard and includes all the favourite dressings. The appetiser buffet is very generous and displays some pleasing combinations built with cheese, vegetables and other ingredients. This restaurant is best for hungry people who want a wonderful, huge meal with elaborate and clever flourishes, including seafood side dishes.

I have never been to this resturaunt. But I have had the same meal several times at the Argentina BBQ, on soi 8, sukhumvit. However, it come still on the skewers, hanging on a rack. Big serve too, took both myself and the mai to eat it.

I agree. In my opinion Neil's Tavern have the best steaks around. They only use meat imported from US and Australia.

Dunno know about Australia but cattle in the US are corn fed (not grass fed). And when they are fed an unnatural diet such as corn feed it usually leads to a more acidic rumen which leads to bacteria that are resistant to lower pH levels. In turn these animals must be routinely medicated with antibiotics to fight infection. In addition, american beef were banned in europe becuase they believe U. S. beef cattle are implanted with synthetic hormones in feedlots prior to slaughter. What's wrong with hormones in beef ? The risk of breast and other cancers only increases with hormones in meat. Sorry if I spoiled your appetite.

Edited by Aswin

I thought Fogo Vivo closed down in 2006??

Try the Check Inn. On Sukhumvit between soi 3 and 5 across from the Landmark. I have never had a bad steak steak there. They have been there forever. They pour good falang style drinks also. The band has been there as long as I can remember. I have been going there for twenty years or so.

I still go there about every one ot two months. Not hugely expensive.

Forgot about the Check Inn .. always had a good time there.. always remember the " Small " doorman .. and the Decor makes for a good atmosphere .. Kinda Cozy ..