'abused' Monkey Kills Its Owner

A PET monkey trained to harvest coconuts turned against its master recently, killing him after the latter forced the animal to pick coconuts against its will.

The tragic incident took place in Nakhon Si Thammarat province when Luelit Janchoom, 48, forced and reportedly even hit his monkey, named Brother Kwan, to harvest coconuts even if he showed hesitance to climb a tree about 50 meters tall.

Source: samuiexpress

Wow, most of the monkey owners I know treat their monkeys like part of the family. They are not cheap and are the main breadwinners.

As for one of those coconut monkeys killing someone, I could easily see it, they have some serious teeth.

Monkeys are bright enough and emotional enough to have friends and enemies, and to develop mental illnesses or answer abuse with abuse. I've heard stories of monkeys whose children had been tortured and killed by cruel Japanese teenagers running amok in rural cities and attacking people at random. They are very strong and certainly not to be underestimated.

Monkeys are bright enough and emotional enough to have friends and enemies, and to develop mental illnesses or answer abuse with abuse. I've heard stories of monkeys whose children had been tortured and killed by cruel Japanese teenagers running amok in rural cities and attacking people at random. They are very strong and certainly not to be underestimated.

Yes, my cat always seems to be scheming something.....crazy fur ball!!

post-75753-1236762764_thumb.jpg

From the BBC website......

A male chimpanzee in a Swedish zoo planned hundreds of stone-throwing attacks on zoo visitors, according to researchers.

Keepers at Furuvik Zoo found that the chimp collected and stored stones that he would later use as missiles.

Further, the chimp learned to recognise how and when parts of his concrete enclosure could be pulled apart to fashion further projectiles.

Yes, my cat always seems to be scheming something.....crazy fur ball!!

I think cause he has been seen hanging out with this riff raff!!!!

post-75753-1236762864_thumb.jpg

From the BBC website......

A male chimpanzee in a Swedish zoo planned hundreds of stone-throwing attacks on zoo visitors, according to researchers.

Keepers at Furuvik Zoo found that the chimp collected and stored stones that he would later use as missiles.

Further, the chimp learned to recognise how and when parts of his concrete enclosure could be pulled apart to fashion further projectiles.

I read that today in the paper, had me thinking of "Planet of the Apes."

TheWalkingMan