Blue Residency Book

My wife is currently registered on her Blue Residency Book along with her sisters, father, mother, brother in la, niece etc etc. Every time we wish to open a bank account or any other new membership we are asked to provide the Blue Residency Book.

We are married together and have one child (from her ex husband) and one more of ours due to be born in June.

We are living in Phuket and the family is living in Issan so its not something we can keep at our place.

Can we make one of the Blue Books of our own for our place in phuket?

My wife is currently registered on her Blue Residency Book along with her sisters, father, mother, brother in la, niece etc etc. Every time we wish to open a bank account or any other new membership we are asked to provide the Blue Residency Book.

We are married together and have one child (from her ex husband) and one more of ours due to be born in June.

We are living in Phuket and the family is living in Issan so its not something we can keep at our place.

yes, if you own the home you are staying in. Or you can ask the people whom own the home to add you to theirs.

Not sure what the experience of others has been, but I found that getting Thai landlords to add tenants to their Tabien Baan (blue house registration books) is difficult. When my PR was approved in 2007, one of the Immigration requirements was to register on a Tabien Baan within 7 days. Our Thai landlord flatly refused to have us on her Tabien Baan and thought the request was most irregular. So we had a Catch-22: Immigration insisted we must register, but no law or regulation compelled the owner of our rented accommodation to allow us to register. We ended up using the Tabien Baan of a friend's house for a few months. When we completed the purchase of a condo, we transferred our registrations across to the new Tabien Baan. Note that neither my wife nor I are Thai. It might be easier to get landlords to consent if at least one family member is Thai.

foreigners without PR aren't allowed to go into the blue coloured house registration book (code Tor Roh 12, from memory)

With the permission of the house owner though, it is possible for the municipality to issue a yellow house registration book, specifically designed for foreigners (code Tor Roh 13, again from memory).

My wife is on the latter, and it is a very useful document. By getting on the yellow book, you are 'in the system' with your own ID number, offical address etc etc etc.

Best to try and apply for it back at your wifes home address.

Have to agree with Samran.

Getting the Yellow book from your local Amphur should be a pretty straightforward process and is very useful for proving your address and id.

Here's the TV thread on the Yellow Tambien Ban:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Yellow-Tabie...hn-t156485.html

"Straight forward?" Well, sometimes. Only took me, with my wife along, about one hour at the Thanyaburi amphur a year or two ago, got the guy not busy and in a gracious mood. Indeed, I've found the several staffers I've had dealing with there to always be helpful. Last visit was a week ago for a "people search," unsuccessful as it turned out after 15 minutes on the computer trying different transliterations of the Thai name.

Back to the Yellow Tambien Ban. Some folks have reported difficulties at their amphurs, some have obtained the document but after a month or two. Sure varies.

TiT.

Mac

I am a foreigner here on a type o visa (renewable yearly) When I opened my bank acct I was only asked for my passport to copy for the bank records. I had to show for copy our blue book for my visa renewal only. I am surprised your wife needs more than her I D card. If you have a title to your property Blue(rental) I think has another color book you should be able to get at the Umpur.

If you manage to get your name entered in the blue/yellow Tambien Baan, are you still required to do 90day reporting with Thai Immigration?

:D

Yes.

Thanks Mario. :o

Well, if you are a foreigner and you have your name in a blue house registration, that means you must be a permanent resident. Permanent residents are not required to file 90 day reports. But it's the permanent residency that gets you out of the 90 day requirement, not the fact that your name is in a tabien baan.