Rain Soon In Cm Fingers Crossed

sendbaht

Sheesh...the first sprinkles after sunset were no big deal. Then it rained steady. Around midnight my boyfriend does an Apollo 13 on me: "Houston, we have a problem." The north side of our little parcel of land one meter above the rice paddy, had the makeshift fence fall down. Cement posts, barbed wire, all in the paddy, without an Irishman in sight. It did not help that earlier this week the workers built a side porch whose roof dumped 25% of the rain onto the fence line. Nor that yesterday, they dumped a ton of gravel on the ground there. Ah well, we were planning to replace the fence this month anyway, with a proper wall and foundation.

Morning was misty, but the sunset at 6:25 was almost clear.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh...the first sprinkles after sunset were no big deal. Then it rained steady. Around midnight my boyfriend does an Apollo 13 on me: "Houston, we have a problem." The north side of our little parcel of land one meter above the rice paddy, had the makeshift fence fall down. Cement posts, barbed wire, all in the paddy, without an Irishman in sight. It did not help that earlier this week the workers built a side porch whose roof dumped 25% of the rain onto the fence line. Nor that yesterday, they dumped a ton of gravel on the ground there. Ah well, we were planning to replace the fence this month anyway, with a proper wall and foundation.

Morning was misty, but the sunset at 6:25 was almost clear.

Now, that could have been a really baaaaaaaad day! Glad, the damage was only to a temporary fence which was coming down anyway.

After many dry, smoky months we finally got our rain. And, it happened in the evening when it didn't bother the bulk of the people. Riding a motorcycle in the rain DOES leave a little to be desired. We should now make it to the rainy season before the smog sets in again. :o

Came down a storm, literally, just a while ago. Now its a few distant rumblings. Was wonderful :D

edit: tis back again. Rain rain rain. :o

Edited by eek

Strong rain, winds and lightning. And along with it, power failure. :o Running on UPS at the moment.

Just went through a big storm. Power failure. It lasted only 10 minutes but it was quite impressive.

Edited by adjan jb

No replies yet from the city dwellers. I hope everybody is safe :o

The clothes I hanged this afternoon were scattered all over the garden. I had to go on a rescue mission with my (7 Yo) son. He was scared and thrilled at the same time. Lot of fun.

It blew through here, Must be four degrees cooler. New house, and we are quickly learning the limits of the roof overhang in keeping out the blowing rain. At least this time the fence did not collapse.

Hi PB, nice to know somebody else is alive. I thought my son and I were the only survivors. I'm worried about Tywais. Did he make it?

Strong rain, winds and lightning. And along with it, power failure. :o Running on UPS at the moment.

Just went through a big storm. Power failure. It lasted only 10 minutes but it was quite impressive.

What's an impressive power failure like?

/ Priceless

Just come through very heavy rain on the moat from the Kafe to the Shell station on Haew Kaew Rd. half an hour ago,

seemed like being in the middle of a cyclone,a lot of wind associated with the downpour.

Only problem I was on the bike!

Good to see,I say bring it on.

/ Priceless

It's exactly like a big storm that lasts ten minutes.

/ Priceless

:D

Priceless I hate you.

The storm lasted 10 minutes, the blackout, about 20 minutes.

Man, I was desperate. I didn't know if we were going to make it. I had only one large Archa in the fridge (the last bottle left - The shop was closed), clothes scattered all over the garden . In such extreme conditions, I hope you will understand and excuse the poor syntax.

/ Priceless

:D

Priceless I hate you.

The storm lasted 10 minutes, the blackout, about 20 minutes.

Man, I was desperate. I didn't know if we were going to make it. I had only one large Archa in the fridge (the last bottle left - The shop was closed), clothes scattered all over the garden . In such extreme conditions, I hope you will understand and excuse the poor syntax.

I forgive you, but only because of the extraordinary circumstances (the lack of beer, I mean) :D

/ Priceless

It's starting to rain in Saraphi. Expect some rain in CM in a few minutes.

Reason for edit: The wind is blowing very hard rigt now

Anyway, you can make fun of me as much as you want but the above post is what we call advance warning. The next time I'll come downtown my first beer is on Priceless and the second one on Rasseru.

. . . . . the above post is what we call advance warning. The next time I'll come downtown my first beer is on Priceless and the second one on Rasseru.

You get even some slight spray from your beer on me and you will regret it. I promise.

Just come through very heavy rain on the moat from the Kafe to the Shell station on Haew Kaew Rd. half an hour ago,

seemed like being in the middle of a cyclone,a lot of wind associated with the downpour.

did you see the enormous billboard next to the honda showroom that had blown over? people were stopped taking photos of the thing.

. . . . . the above post is what we call advance warning. The next time I'll come downtown my first beer is on Priceless and the second one on Rasseru.

You get even some slight spray from your beer on me and you will regret it. I promise.

Now you scare me. I'll remain sober.

Now you scare me. I'll remain sober.

Ah, but you will regret that even more. I promise. :o

did you see the enormous billboard next to the honda showroom that had blown over? people were stopped taking photos of the thing.

Yes. Crashed into that new wall too. I think could have done a lot of damage if it had blown the other way or landed onto the road. Thankfully it would seem no person would have been hurt from the way it landed..and (i think) not too serious damage to the property either.

Haven't seen any rain in Chiangdao yet .

A bit windy only , wife just came for the weekend home from Chiangmai ,

and said it was raining from merim till maeteng , which went the wrong way to Chiangmai

Hope another one comes over from Fang .....