Accord Vs. Camry

I was just doing the same.

Considered many models and although I have always preferred Toyota in the past and at first glance it seemed that the Toyota was priced a bit better, to me the Honda products just seemed to have better fit/finish and a quality feel. Also that they were slightly better equipped.

In the end selected the Civic Navi, partly to do with price over the Accord, but also thought that the extra size of the Accord might be that much harder for the GF to deal with :o

Edited by CDNinKS

I preferred the Accord because at the time the Camry didn't have a V6. This was the 3.0 version. Not the 3.5 new one that costs as much as a BMW.

I've always liked the Accord because it was a drivers car. It felt better, workmanship looked tighter, drives better.

Not performance wise, but subjectively.

I didn't like how the Camry drove and just seemed too big for its engine size and too big for the streets of BKK. From the back seat the Camry is better, but if I were to drive it was Accord hands down.

I was just doing the same.

Considered many models and although I have always preferred Toyota in the past and at first glance it seemed that the Toyota was priced a bit better, to me the Honda products just seemed to have better fit/finish and a quality feel. Also that they were slightly better equipped.

In the end selected the Civic Navi, partly to do with price over the Accord, but also thought that the extra size of the Accord might be that much harder for the GF to deal with :o

I am also considering the Civic. The Accord is a nice car but at $40,000 USD I wonder if it's worth the money.

I had the 2006 Civic 2.0l, very nice car but had to change because of growing family. so I went for the Accord, it is a very nice car to drive, solid build and well put together and has plenty of room and plenty of gadgets. I love it. it is 7 months old now and still smells new inside. a great car. I cannot comment on the Camry as I have never driven one.

I had the 2006 Civic 2.0l, very nice car but had to change because of growing family. so I went for the Accord, it is a very nice car to drive, solid build and well put together and has plenty of room and plenty of gadgets. I love it. it is 7 months old now and still smells new inside. a great car. I cannot comment on the Camry as I have never driven one.

Just wondering which engine you have in the Accord and how you rate it's performance/economy etc?

Oh why not go for Nissan Teana which has 2.5 litre V6 engine..plus a CVT transmission(only one of its kind here).

Plus the ride comfort its the best among the two brands..

One should also bring in Nissan teana into the picture.

I am also considering the Civic. The Accord is a nice car but at $40,000 USD I wonder if it's worth the money.

That definitely was part of my decision for sure. I drove the Civic Navi and was very impressed with power, creature comforts, ride and interior space. I didn't drive the Accord, but just sitting in it felt like a bit too big for the tight parking garages and narrow soi's. Probably a great choice if you plan on being on major road trips most of the time.

Oh why not go for Nissan Teana which has 2.5 litre V6 engine..plus a CVT transmission(only one of its kind here).

Plus the ride comfort its the best among the two brands..

One should also bring in Nissan teana into the picture.

Sure, if you don't mind ugly looks and higher depreciation!

Sure, if you don't mind ugly looks and higher depreciation!

A friend of mine has the Teena, although I don't think it is ugly, I do have to agree that the resale will not be as good as with either the Honda or Toyota. Also he reports 12 lts/100 km fuel consumption :o

I like the Teana. It looks classy. And the engine is great.

And depriciation is not a big issue for everyone. How much more will you loose after a couple of years then a accord or Camry...

100.000 baht - 150.000.

I think i would go for the Camry 2.4 in white and then the exrtremo version.. Dont know if they sell this one with the 2.4 engine though.

Just wondering which engine you have in the Accord and how you rate it's performance/economy etc?

Hi JUDAS,

I have the 2 liter model, it is very economical, 720 kilometers on 1 full 70 liter tank, much better on fuel than the civic. its pretty quick when you put your foot down for over taking. I love the car and am really glad I bought it. it is very comfortable and smooth.