Faith Healer

farangconnection

I originally posted this on " Black Magic in Surin", but I think it warrants it's own topic.

I have had a lot of test done on me in the past week, Barium Swallow,endoscope,biopsy and as published on the Medical forum I have been diagnosed with an 80% chance of haing cancer of the gullet. I am still waiting for the final result.

Well, yesterday evening, my wife and her friend took me to see what I thought was the local Witch doctor. As I have a pretty open mind on these things I thought I'd give it a go.

We arrived at the village, about half hours drive from Surin in the direction of no-where, and were confronted with a huge crowd of people, waiting to see this alternative practitioner. All in all the were 50 to 60 people before us.

The Witch was in her room praying( or as I thought, counting her money) Then a hush descended as the door opened, and to my utter amazment, out stepped this beautiful 14 year old girl.Each audience with her lasted about two minutes, as she touched each person lightly on the spot giving them trouble. Apparantly, thousands of people have been healed by her touch alone. Plenty of patients ( that's the only way I can put it) brought bottles of drinking water to be blessed by her ( us included)

All in all it was a very gratifying experience, as you could see these people actually believed in her. Apparantly though, I was the first Farang she had blessed. Why? Because they do not know about her, or is it more likely Farangs on the whole put it down to stupid hogwash?

Apparantly though, I was the first Farang she had blessed. Why? Because they do not know about her, or is it more likely Farangs on the whole put it down to stupid hogwash?

Hi BFG

I think its fair to say that most Ferangs are more cautious/ untrusting and skeptics because rightly or wrongly we have experienced a bit more than most Isaanites.

Back home TV programs either dramatize or ridicule alternative thinking/the occult.

In troubled times we are all more vulnerable and open to trickery, but I still believe in keeping an open mind.

It wasn't that long ago that people were told they would die due to the high speeds locomotives traveled at :D:o:D

Dave

I originally posted this on " Black Magic in Surin", but I think it warrants it's own topic.

I have had a lot of test done on me in the past week, Barium Swallow,endoscope,biopsy and as published on the Medical forum I have been diagnosed with an 80% chance of haing cancer of the gullet. I am still waiting for the final result.

Well, yesterday evening, my wife and her friend took me to see what I thought was the local Witch doctor. As I have a pretty open mind on these things I thought I'd give it a go.

We arrived at the village, about half hours drive from Surin in the direction of no-where, and were confronted with a huge crowd of people, waiting to see this alternative practitioner. All in all the were 50 to 60 people before us.

The Witch was in her room praying( or as I thought, counting her money) Then a hush descended as the door opened, and to my utter amazment, out stepped this beautiful 14 year old girl.Each audience with her lasted about two minutes, as she touched each person lightly on the spot giving them trouble. Apparantly, thousands of people have been healed by her touch alone. Plenty of patients ( that's the only way I can put it) brought bottles of drinking water to be blessed by her ( us included)

All in all it was a very gratifying experience, as you could see these people actually believed in her. Apparantly though, I was the first Farang she had blessed. Why? Because they do not know about her, or is it more likely Farangs on the whole put it down to stupid hogwash?

Sorry to hear of your problems Martin

Lets hope the 20% negative answer wins, or alternatively the little 14 year old really does possess something.

In the meantime keep downing the amber liquid - it generally cures most things!

Lets hope the 20% negative answer wins, or alternatively the little 14 year old really does possess something.

I think the 20% is a good bet. I once put my money on an 80% certainty and lost a fortune :o

I think the 20% is a good bet. I once put my money on an 80% certainty and lost a fortune :o

That's my trouble .................never any luck on the nags. Results in. Cancer of the ofsof odfos ofsod oh you know that thing in yer throat. Off to the Big Mango to let a team of trainee doctors learn their trade on me. That's gonna get them ready for life...practising on me.

Bye the way, if I get out of this in one piece (excuse the pun) it'll be open weekend at the F.C.

As for the amber nector, Nick,,,,all my problems started when I gave up drinking.

Edited by farangconnection