Anual Road Tax

JUDAS

You can do it now. From what I was told by the local(s) you can do it up to a month early as is the case with the Thai driving licences now, my five year Thai driving license was duty to expire 31 Jan 09, on 6 Jan 09. :o May I suggest you also check with your :D:D local powers that be. Sometime things can differ from Tambon to Tambon :D

You can do it up to 6 months early. A few years ago ours was over 6 months out of date :o (I blame the missus for not telling me) and we paid 2 years at the same time, but still forgot to put the new one on until it was a few months overdue - doh. I've started to get the hang of it now and this years was paid and on the car a month early :D

Road tax is based on the type of vehicle, age and motor size I believe.

You need the Blue title book and take it to a authorized place such as Land Transport offices and pay the fees. You will need a copy of the compulsory insurance being paid before they will accept the road tax payment. I paid through my insurance company office. They took my book and went to the Transport offices for me. Service fee of a couple hundred baht.

If you vehicle book/title is held by another party such as a bank or loan company I believe they pay the fees but you must pay them before they will give you the new decal.

Edited by longball53098