Platinum Px175

albie69uk

Hi. Have any of you chaps knowledge of the Platinum PX175 dirt bike as I have heard a rummer or two that the early ones were not to well put together & unreliable but what about the new ones?

Only going to use it round town, just wanted something different to the normal Honda 125. All info gratefully received.

I got a 3 year old one and apart from the plastic parts (light housing on the rear etc.) being a bit brittle now the bike itself is fine. I need a bit of choke to start it but it always starts first time and runs well.

It's a nice big bike too, much better than a little scooter in my opinion.

Pics here

The Platinum PX175, let me start with the good part, the suspension is as you would expect from a off-road motorcycle. The figure and feel of riding position is identical to a full off-road... enduro style motorcycle.

The major downside is, I can do everything, with actual having more power on a Tiger CX135, smoking a cigarette and not worry about anything...

Second why buy Chinese if you can buy Thai, wait for the 30th Bangkok Motorshow and not forget to wonder to the Tiger Motor Co. stand...

Also look at JINSHONG. I think thats the name saw some nicely made bikes at the Khon Kaen show. uuummm i think i got the name wrong, but its similar.Zhongshan thats it Zhongshan. way better than the Platinum in build quality IMO.

Edited by thaicbr

Actual you got a good point,

I was told that somewhere "soon" the Thai market opens for Chinese build motorcycles, in the free trade agreement. Basically to be honest, we, as Motorcycle Thailand where offered a very nice deal ... if we only give up motorcycle.in.th .... The final answer came from somebody I would probably ask the last for answers, it was my youngest brother in law who does some bike repairs to to kill the day.... He said when we talk about the Chinese offer "I belief you told me you did the whole website business for fun", and right the was... And sorry on fun I have no price ticket.......

Edited by Richard-BKK

I bougt a platinum PX 125 Enduro for 44'000 Baht two years ago. Never had any real problem with the bike, but it's not thet powerful. I just us it in town only and i allways keep it in the house, when i not use it. The only little problems is that this bike doesn't have any chain adjuster (the one with a spring). My local motorbike mecanic fit one on my bike. There was allways a little rattle on the chain, it was some rubber part wich leads the chain. All the bushes had to be regreased, otherwise some strange noise. Now the fuel sensor don't working correctly. But all this things are only small problems. Generally the bike is good for the money. I looked at the new Kawasaki D tracker. Sure this would be a better bike, but it cost 3 times more. So i still happy with the PLatinum.

My impression of these are it would be ok to putter about on but really weak on power and the fittings looked like they would flake and rust.. I am also suspect that they were made of toffee like strength..

If your demands are low, they sure are cheap.. Tho I would look for a second hand AX1 at this price point for this size bike.

Hi. Have any of you chaps knowledge of the Platinum PX175 dirt bike as I have heard a rummer or two that the early ones were not to well put together & unreliable but what about the new ones?

Only going to use it round town, just wanted something different to the normal Honda 125. All info gratefully received.

only one wordDON'T buy one I have one which has been in the shop since 1 month after new 18 months ago! ..they tell me will call you back when fixed...never happens..now the owner of the shop is not returning calls or answerig phone..shop is in TRANG......so 56ktbh down the drain.

They promise the earth when you buy it but in fact they lie and cheat you.....TIT

Again don't...........better get a '56 Beezer Bantam LOL