Why Have Imported Goods Risen In Price?

thaimate

unfortunatly i just cant go without marmite or heinze salad cream ,nothing like it here. :D

A picture to make you happy

post-34728-1237091544_thumb.jpg

A friend brought me out a half kilo plastic catering tub. Never managed to see one in the UK shops, before or since. Being plastic was good, as Marmite / Bovril jars weigh more that the contents.

On price rises:

Maybe it is something in the Thai Phychi that anything "Paid by Farang" must go up every year no matter what (Ask the girls in Pattaya :o ). Here is an example of Thai Logic.

I asked the Thai Doctor at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya why her fees were up from 400 Baht to 500 Baht. She replied, in all sincerity, "But it is January" meaning everything MUST increase in January.

believe it or not ,my brother who has goods manufactured here on the eastern seaboard sends out two of those 600g tubs every time i run out :D ,i then transfer the contents to the empty plastic squeezy bottles ,loverly.

Tesco from my experiences of late seem to be putting prices up continually as against reductions on most of their products W. T. Heck ****

WHY haven,t they reduced their costs accordingly.

??????

Thank you

Why should they, if they are happy with the sales they are achieving?

It's not like they have a moral obligation to anybody, except maybe holders of their stock....

Spoken like a true shop-keeper. :D

Well put Soundman.

Imported items are a luxury, so people buy them out of desire, not need.

The only gripe people on here seem to have is that the prices are not going down. I doubt it would be sound business practice to drop prices just for the sake of keeping prices in line with current exchange rates. It's more likely that the importers will drop lines which are not moving than lower prices.

When I shop for imported items I don't keep a currency exchange rate history for various countries on me to calculate if the item is overpriced according to recent currency fluctuations in the various countries of product origin. I check the price and decide if my desire for the imported item is in line with the price of the item.

Perhaps OT i know but it expands on the flow of the thread.

I,m referring to everyday items that not only they, but others used the oil increase as a justification to do so.

Tesco need to look at their customer care initiatives they claim to represent.

If you wish to pay their prices then fair enough.

A Moral Obligation.......

I tend to think that they should have, considering the economical situation as it is here.

Then again i,m, not a rip off merchant / unscrupilous DGAF shop keeper come individual.

Personally being dependant on Imported goods at extortionate prices has long since ceased personally, when i can find tasty local stuff to enjoy.

Where,s the Somtam :o

Thank You