Will Buying Into Barscene

This year i will recieve about 4 million baht from a compensation claim.

I will be 35yo later this year and i plan to move to Pattaya and buy several businesses.

The questions are,

When should i register a company,do it now,or wait until my money comes thru to me in about March/april ?

I plan to buy a beer bar and a cafe.i will have a Thai partner come in with me so i need to protect myself against legalities.

Do u think i could get a work permit?

What would the total cost be for sunbelt or lawyers to ge me company registration plus work permit?

Do i have to put 1 million innto the company bank account?

Does sunbelt offer a service where i could tell them the name of the businness thats for sale and they will check the books and tell me the profit and potential?

If so how much roughly for this?

Can u act on my behalf if i want to buy these businesses which are being sold privately thru their owners.

thanks

i seem to have heard this scenario before and its kinda deja vu ,disaster story time

I know where there is a well run, profitable and established car rental business for sale well below 4m Baht. Only being sold because the ownetr has another full time job and doesn't want the hassel of two jobs. You will actually be buying something for your money, yes cars, as well as a business.

PM me for details

Most law firms provide shareholders from 1,000 Baht one time charge to 1,000 Baht per year all the way up to 50,000 Baht.

www.lawyer.th.com

I understand these these law firms use their secretary's or just people they drag in off the street - is this practice legal and above board. And don't these shareholders have to recieve dividends ? It's seems very dodgy to me.

Are you suggesting that outside Bangkok the average is the same or less? In Sriracha for example which is just a small town located between Chonburi and Pattaya, there are atleast 8 branches of 7/11...how does the 'average' Thai get that sort of capital together?  :D

three of them are owned by a Doctor..... and sorry, it's NOT dr. pp :o

Edited by sriracha john

Bluntly you will lose your money. I do not think one person who has replied thinks anything else!

My advice would be to get an apartment and live modestly for a year and look and learn. Watch what is going on!

Certainly keep your powder dry for at least 6 months: what ever the temptation!

Then when you have worked out who is honest and who is not (most) you might be able to feel your way into the market.

What makes you think (logically) that a 2 million Baht investment is going to return 50% per annum! Dream on.

If you know nothing about bars (Is suspect you do not) then it will be an expenisive entry fee. I have 20+ years experience running bars and restaurants in the UK and Europe and I would not touch a Pattaya beer bar with a barge pole!

I know where there is a well run, profitable and established car rental business for sale well below 4m Baht. Only being sold because the ownetr has another full time job and doesn't want the hassel of two jobs. You will actually be buying something for your money, yes cars, as well as a business.

PM me for details

I've used this company before and it will be a good investment. :o

I spoke with a longer-term resident of Bangkok once about the possibility of getting into business here eventually... he told me he knew a certain restaurant owner- and that before I considered risking my money I should be tied to a chair and forced to listen to the hours of horror stories of the guy's experiences- that said, he does pretty well and has a reasonably posh lifestyle now.

"Steven"

PM me for details

I've used this company before and it will be a good investment. :D

I'll second that. I've used their services many times but my only complaint is their autos are quite often booked out. Must be a good sign...or maybe just bcos I'm accident prone :o

I'd be a little suspect about any guy calling himself "billyboy."  :o

Surely some of you "advisors" have been the the Philippines.

I have an easy solution on how to make a small fortune in Thailand! (Answere). Come to Thailand with a big fortune. Theire national Anthem is the easiest in the world to remember, It goes like this: Baht Baht Baht BAht BAHT Baht Baht Baht and never stops. :D