Tourist Visa ?

Hello I have a 60 day tourist Visa and want to extend it for another 30 days.  If I end up staying for extra 10 days above that how much will the charges be per day?  I read 200baht a day someplace but am not sure.  Thanks

Adam

You are right, Baht 200/day. If somebody finds out before you reach the airport, it will be immigration jail, deportation and no come back...

Get your visa properly extented.

You are better off to go to an immigration office and apply for an extension. This will cost you 1900 baht and the whole process is over in a short time. Take it from experience you dont want to be taken away at the airport and treated like dirt. Do it the legal way and you can enjoy yourself coming back to Thailand without any worries.

I have only one entry on my visa so doing a visa run would not be an option right??? Also, wuld the 1900b extension give me another entry for 60 days or is that just to extend my visa for the 30 days more?

Thanks for the help. I want to do it right.

Adam

If i read you right you want to extend your tourist visa by 30 days at local immigration (1900 baht) then you are asking how you go about extending again by another 10 days right? The only sensible option you have (wouldnt recommend overstaying) is to go on a visa run to the most convienant border to you exit Thailand and then come straight back in you/ll recieve a 30 day stay visa exemption stamp that will cover you till the end of your visit..........this assumes you come from one of the 41 countries that are eligible for the exemption stamp. One final thing it is not possible for you to extend beyond the 90 day limit (i.e your final 10 day stay) at local immigration (other than exceptional circumstances....ie medical).

ok so i went to the immigration office in Krabi and told the guy the situation and he said that its not problem. just have to pay the 200baht per day. he didn't even act like it was a big deal at all. but the border run is the best and legal way to do it huh? will it matter that when i first got my visa if i i only paid for one entry? or is that why you go to the border? thanks again.

ok so i went to the immigration office in Krabi and told the guy the situation and he said that its not problem.  just have to pay the 200baht per day.  he didn't even act like it was a big deal at all.  but the border run is the best and legal way to do it huh? will it matter that when i first got my visa if i i only paid for one entry? or is that why you go to the border? thanks again.

Paying overstay at the airport is pretty routine. I'm sure that's why you got the response you did from immi.

ok so i went to the immigration office in Krabi and told the guy the situation and he said that its not problem.  just have to pay the 200baht per day.  he didn't even act like it was a big deal at all.  but the border run is the best and legal way to do it huh? will it matter that when i first got my visa if i i only paid for one entry? or is that why you go to the border? thanks again.

We assume you are allowed 30 day entry without visa so if you go and cross border and return you will receive another 30 day entry stay at no cost except for trip/other country visa charge.

Although overstay of a few days may not get immigration too upset if you are checked by regular police for any infraction prior to departure you could end up in serious trouble. There is some chance you may receive another 10 days extension from immigration on your tourist visa if you can provide good reason or the stars are in the right position so that would be much better to try than just assume 10 days overstay is going to be safe. The last few weeks immigration has been very forgiving on overstay due to the Tsunami but I would not push my luck.

Do NOT take the risk of Overstaying.

If you overstay & make it to the Airport

Immigration may well accept it as "Routine"

BUT - if your passport is checked by

ordinary Police during your overstay

you could be in BIG trouble.

You never know when you might be stopped.

Several times while travelling home in a Taxi,

I have been asked for my passport

at a Temporary Police Barrier set up in a Soi in a Bangkok Suburb.

Others have been checked on a Footway bridge near

Central World Plaza and outside Mah Boon Krong.

The Risk is just not worth taking.

When you apply for your 30 day extension

maybe you can enquire if a further 10 days is possible.

What is your Nationality? (The Pinned Advice at the

top of the Forum asks you to tell us this so we can be

more SPECIFIC with our Advice)