Frustrated With Immigration

First of all.....i would like to say that i love living in Thailand.

This rant is purely directed at Thai Immigration

I am here on a work permit, provided by those fine folks at the labour department. Once a year i always find the people at the labour dept most helpful and professional.

Then we come to the immigration dept!!!!!!!!!

I am always polite at Suan Plu..........however, i always leave there with a feeling of frustration

What with these ridiculous 90 day sign-ins.....i don't trust the postal service, so i generally have to waste half a day at suan plu

(why are those glass partitions placed just at the wrong height when speaking to officials??????????)

Then recently, the most convenient place to buy a re-entry permit......a la the airport, has now closed, thus forcing more visits to suan plu.

Finally, the other day a friend told me that immigration in Hua Hin has moved to Prachuap!!!!!!!! Should that not be the other way round!!!!!! Surely many more foreigners live in or around Hua Hin

Dealing with any government office, and not only in Thailand, can be frustrating. But I can't agree with our statement that immigration is trying to make it more inconvinient for all of us, although the re-entry permit is certainly an area where immigration is now providing a bad service.

The new rules also show improvement and consideration, as where for an extension based on retirement you now only have to season the money for 2 months for your first application.

Maybe we Farang should associate?

Is it legal? :o

What is the real mean of visas and money statements?

Why a Thaiman married with farang woman is not subject to same law?

What will change for us with Asean community arrangements ?

We live in Thailand by choice. We abide by the regulations. Simple as that.

...What with these ridiculous 90 day sign-ins.....i don't trust the postal service, so i generally have to waste half a day at suan plu...

You are really funny. Other members complain that their immigration office tells them that they will not accept mailed 90-day address reports. Your office accepts them but you chose not to use that service or to send it by messenger.

...Finally, the other day a friend told me that immigration in Hua Hin has moved to Prachuap!!!!!!!! Should that not be the other way round!!!!!! Surely many more foreigners live in or around Hua Hin

Tell your friend to read this topic on ThaiVisa. If he has access to a computer he can read it without having to sign up.

www.thaivisa.com/forum/Immigration-Office-Remain-Hua-Hin-t250026.html

--

Maestro

Still the topic is :"frustrated with Immigration"

How could we after building house, investing in the country not to up 8 millions baht and accept easily to live on a surfboard??

We need a firm ground to grow. Ten years ago , it was easy, cheap and on going.

Many of us (farangs yoons keks ) are tired and my Thai wife as well.

I m not speaking to fight or making a riot with coloured shirts.

I m speaking of having an assembly with Thai officials to understand and help them to have a good immigration policy for Farangs willing to spend their rest of their life in Thailand or willing to invest in the country.

I would be very happy to spend a thousand dollar a year for a yearly Visa without having to stamp every three months.

And you, moderators and supermoderators could be the guys for the job.

Respectfully yours

You are really funny. Other members complain that their immigration office tells them that they will not accept mailed 90-day address reports. Your office accepts them but you chose not to use that service or to send it by messenger.

Fair comment Mr Maestro..........however i do not trust the reliability of the postal service...........although a messenger is an interesting option

Can anybody here explain to me the logic in closing the most convenient place for re-entry permits??????

The airport service was a low hassle one stop shop..........why oh why move it to suan plu??????

For whatever reasons......there are many people on this forum who are very frustrated with the non-stop changes from the immigration dept

Edited by robbiecia

I saw this post and had to add a funny story. Basically I've had the same experience with immigration and unfortunately there is some good and bad officers that work there.

It works like this. You are a foreigner. Therefore any discrepency or disagreement about something is because YOU don't understand the Thai regulations/rules/system. So the Immigration officer is always right.

Just last week I went for annual renewal of visa, and when I questioned a young lady about one of the requirements she presented a document in thai (which I was perfectly capable of reading by myself at her desk), and replied "Mr, ask your Thai lady to read and explain to you"

Quite funny since while my thai wife does speak thai, she spent her entire childhood in the US and can barely read thai at all.

In conclusion, I've found that the younger staff are the rudest, and the more senior staff are more helpful and friendly. Any other opinions about experience at immigration?

Just last week I went for annual renewal of visa, and when I questioned a young lady about one of the requirements she presented a document in thai (which I was perfectly capable of reading by myself at her desk), and replied "Mr, ask your Thai lady to read and explain to you"

Did you start reading that document out loud in front of her and watched her face turn red? :o Or would this have a very negative affect on the outcome of your visit there?

regards, Bartek.

I m speaking of having an assembly with Thai officials to understand and help them to have a good immigration policy for Farangs willing to spend their rest of their life in Thailand or willing to invest in the country.

I would be very happy to spend a thousand dollar a year for a yearly Visa without having to stamp every three months.

Its a nice sentiment, but Thai officials dont give a rats ar*e what farangs think......

Finally, the other day a friend told me that immigration in Hua Hin has moved to Prachuap!!!!!!!! Should that not be the other way round!!!!!! Surely many more foreigners live in or around Hua Hin

That office has announced a move to Dansingkorn. Both Hua Hin and Dansingkorn are in Prachuap province. Dansingkorn is near a border crossing (closed to unofficial traffic right now). Hua hin is not.

It seems to me that the reason for your complaining about HH/DSK in this post is your own opportunity to add to your complaint.

As for the rest of your whine, some of us who drive 300 km to do a report may find it a little trivial.

As to complaining about the height of the glass partitions .. PLEASE! :o